abstetic is offline Banned

Creatine monohydrate cycle help

Iv done some research and some places say to do a load cycle for first week and some sites say it's a waste so any adice for a legit cycle and in at 156lb

jypoll is offline Member
    cycle doesnt need to be cycled, i have heard this many times and spent countless hours looking for a legitimate source that has evidence of their being a negative feedback cycle for creatine production in the body and i have yet to find one. it may take a few days to a week for your body to become saturated with creamono so you can take an extra scoop the first few days if you like, i dont think it matter either way

abstetic is offline Banned
    Thanks to 10 g a day rite?

stpete is offline Banned
    I think that 5gms in the morning and 5gms before workout is sufficient. That whole loading phase is a crock imo as your body can only metabolize so much.

reiss c is offline Associate Member
    I find when I'm starting back on creatine caps takes week to start working

For 1st week I take 3 caps in morn 3 in afternoon on non working days 3 befor work out 3 after

2nd week in and so on 3befor 3after workout and non work out days 3 in mid morning

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    There's no need to load, and from what I've read, no need to cycle it either.

jypoll is offline Member
    there is really no science to it... as long as you take some creatine any time of day on atleast most days you will see benefit

I'm even questioning the benefit of it. I've seen all the research but can't say I notice anything that couldn't be written off as placebo. - Except for the extra bloat. I always gain a few pounds as soon as I start using it.

jypoll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    I'm even questioning the benefit of it. I've seen all the research but can't say I notice anything that couldn't be written off as placebo. - Except for the extra bloat. I always gain a few pounds as soon as I start using it.
    i have tried just about every type of creatine, in all ranges of doses and taking it at every time of the day and for different periods of time and as long as i get 2-3g or more a day then i get major strength increase from endurance during a set.
    if you are eating pounds of beef a day chances are you are already saturated enough not to notcie a difference

doc w is offline Associate Member
    No scientific research to back this up but I believe creatine makes u hold both intracellular and extra cellar. So u may gain some strength but will also get bloat . Can't say I have found it impressive gaining 3 to 4 Pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by doc w View Post
    Can't say I have found it impressive gaining 3 to 4 Pounds.
    Nor I. I'll stay on for a few weeks, only cuz I'm just trying to maximize my gains while on cycle. It may be much ado about nothing though - except for the extra bloat.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    actually, no need to cycle creatine. there might be one reason but beyond what you are probably thinking right at the moment.
    5grams/day forever.
    you can load for a week or two at 10grams to speed things up a bit. up to you. mono is so cheap. i believe anything beyond 5grams a day after fully loaded is a waste since in most blokes, they are fully saturated, and beyond that, it becomes expensive piss.

more of an art than a science.

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    I take 5g mono pre and post with my meal. On off days I only take 5g.

Thread Information