Thread: waxymaize

Porky is offline Junior Member

waxymaize

anyone use waxymaize during their workouts? what do you think of it?

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Waste of money imo...didnt do anything the product was intended to do...not to mention it taste like chalk(original)

thex95 is offline Senior Member
    huge waste of money, and it made me break out

dammit i just ordered a few pounds of it, at least it was only 12 dollars , a couple years ago this personal trainer guy told me it shoots nutrients into your muscles really fast. i guess this is bs?

I personally don't buy it. I think the idea is its supposed to be high on the GI scale but without containing any sugars. I mean you didnt completely waste your money, it still works as a post or pre workout carb shake, but to me I just see it as being extremely overpriced. I can get a 10lb thing of maltodextrin for 40 bucks or a little thing of waixy maize for the same or more

Quote Originally Posted by scotts View Post
    I personally don't buy it. I think the idea is its supposed to be high on the GI scale but without containing any sugars. I mean you didnt completely waste your money, it still works as a post or pre workout carb shake, but to me I just see it as being extremely overpriced. I can get a 10lb thing of maltodextrin for 40 bucks or a little thing of waixy maize for the same or more
    if it causes acne i really dont want to mess with the stuff, i have oily skin already as it is so i dont want to have a pizza face from it. how bad did you break out from using it?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyb View Post
    if it causes acne i really dont want to mess with the stuff, i have oily skin already as it is so i dont want to have a pizza face from it. how bad did you break out from using it?
    It was pretty noticeable man, I wouldn't use it again for that reason alone.

i appreciate the info , not gonna use it now for sure

jypoll is offline Member
    i used to but, yea shitty chalk taste, now i just eat a cup oatmeal after my workout

Jada34 is offline New Member
    Waxy maize is a quality supplement and is one of the few that I use almost every day. But it's a fairly misunderstood supp in that most people don't know what it's used for. It's a complex carb, that's all. It will not spike insulin for better nutrient absorption like most people think, that's what virago does, and thats a totally different supp. It's great for post workout shakes when combined with dextrose, and whey. That gives you protein, fast carbs (dex), and slow carbs (WM). it's also great to add to any drink to increase your calorie intake if your trying to gain weight.

Its not expensive, you must be getting the wrong stuff. It's around $30-35 for a 5-6 lbs tub. Cheaper than whey.

And it will not cause acne. That doesn't make sense. Carbs don't cause acne. On the very off chance it did, it was either a freak occurrence, or an allergic reaction. But if I was a betting man, my money would be on something else gave you acne, bc like I said, it's just a carb and carbs can't cause acne.

Bottom line, I'd def recommend adding waxy maize to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jada34 View Post
    Waxy maize is a quality supplement and is one of the few that I use almost every day. But it's a fairly misunderstood supp in that most people don't know what it's used for. It's a complex carb, that's all. It will not spike insulin for better nutrient absorption like most people think, that's what virago does, and thats a totally different supp. It's great for post workout shakes when combined with dextrose, and whey. That gives you protein, fast carbs (dex), and slow carbs (WM). it's also great to add to any drink to increase your calorie intake if your trying to gain weight.

Its not expensive, you must be getting the wrong stuff. It's around $30-35 for a 5-6 lbs tub. Cheaper than whey.

And it will not cause acne. That doesn't make sense. Carbs don't cause acne. On the very off chance it did, it was either a freak occurrence, or an allergic reaction. But if I was a betting man, my money would be on something else gave you acne, bc like I said, it's just a carb and carbs can't cause acne.

Bottom line, I'd def recommend adding waxy maize to the mix.
    thats seems compelling enough to give it a try , i havent touched the stuff yet . thanks for your imput

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jypoll View Post
    i used to but, yea shitty chalk taste, now i just eat a cup oatmeal after my workout
    This

jypoll is offline Member
    yea. wm is a decent supplement, but i prefer to eat my carbs rather than drink them wherever possible. Oats also have fibre protein and some vitamins/minerals. WM just has shity chalk taste

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    You guys are funny. It's a PWO carb source like oates or sweet potatoes. What kind of results are you expecting to see----gain 15lbs in a month? really.

Thread Information