Thread: GNC garbage

devestating is offline Junior Member

GNC garbage

So ive been doing a ton of research on supplements and them i came across a movie called: bigger, stronger, faster. seems to me that powder supplements are a total waste of money and the only beneficial powder out there is creatine monohydrate.

Thoughts ?

V-ROID is offline Member
    Assuming that you are getting enough protein from food sources then yes I would agree creatine is the most beneficial.

i thought so. Who needs to spend 60 - 100 bucks on some crappy tasting powder when you can just spend that money on tuna cans and V8 lol

testfeind123 is offline Junior Member
    Only supps I believe are worth spendin money on are vitamins minerals fishoil glutamine amino acids creatine and protein. N protein I only use as a cheating way to reach daily macros sometimes

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Back when I was a kid and reading the BB magazines I spent crazy money on crap. Now I only use whey and casein protein powders and creatine monohydrate.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree for the most part and I also only use certain supplements I know for sure that works. Those would be: Micronized Creatine Mono, Whey Protein, Multi-Vitamins, Fish Oils and Q-Enzyme CO10.

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    But the tubs are so shiny and the person getting paid on commission really seems to care about getting you the most bang for your buck.

V-ROID is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Archy View Post
    But the tubs are so shiny and the person getting paid on commission really seems to care about getting you the most bang for your buck.
    I stopped in GNC the other day to price their liv support, taurine, etc... There 10 mins and sales guy was so busy chatting up some butterball kid on get big lose fat supps that he didn't even offer to help me. I wanted to break into the conversation so many times but I just left without a word. Kid had a couple hundred dollars worth of crap on the counter, one of which was creatine mono. The other cash would have been best spent on food or a dietician. Blows my mind how much effort and money some people put into exercise but really have no clue. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAN-O-ROID View Post
    I stopped in GNC the other day to price their liv support, taurine, etc... There 10 mins and sales guy was so busy chatting up some butterball kid on get big lose fat supps that he didn't even offer to help me. I wanted to break into the conversation so many times but I just left without a word. Kid had a couple hundred dollars worth of crap on the counter, one of which was creatine mono. The other cash would have been best spent on food or a dietician. Blows my mind how much effort and money some people put into exercise but really have no clue. Oh well...
    Yea, I fell for the fast talk about stuff i didn't understand a couple years ago. I wish i had learned how to eat in the beginning i would have saved a ton of money. It sucks that people go in there and blow money like crazy, but i guess the guys working there gotta make a check too and the fatties desperate to get thin are easy pray. Same for the little guys desperate to "get big quick"

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    First of all GNC is the absolute worst place to buy supplements at. In a lot of cases, their prices are more than double what they should be on common products. Second, not all supplements are a waste. There are staples such as the above mentioned creatine mono, protein (whey and casein), BCAAs, joint supps. None of these things alone is going to make you an animal, but they do their parts. If you don't buy them at GNC, they aren't so expensive.

Many preworkout supps are simply creatine mono and a bunch of stimulants. If you can find one thats reasonably priced (such as Jack3d) with the right ingredients, you've got a solid product.

Stay away from products that are featured in big, multi-page, glossy ads in magazines that make ridiculous claims. Also, anything that says "Muscletech" or "cytosport"...these are usually the products with the big, glossy ads. Just

Just use common sense, look at the ingredients of what you're thinking about buying, look at the amounts. If you don't know what something is, look it up. If something claims to boost your test, guess what? It doesn't!

...knowing is half the battle!

thats just it bro, ive always been a skinny guy all my life but what i came to realize is thati can get big just by eating and pumping iron. i take in 5000 calories a day, thats pretty good considering i havnt done any juice yet, i have it sitting in the fridge but im still debating on wether to take it or not, anyways a year ago i bought some GNC garbage and i wish i didnt, total waste of money

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by devestating View Post
    thats just it bro, ive always been a skinny guy all my life but what i came to realize is thati can get big just by eating and pumping iron. i take in 5000 calories a day, thats pretty good considering i havnt done any juice yet, i have it sitting in the fridge but im still debating on wether to take it or not, anyways a year ago i bought some GNC garbage and i wish i didnt, total waste of money
    Fruit juices are the only juice you should keep in the fridge............I doubt you eat 5000 cals ed and I dont think you have any juice....just saying

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Fruit juices are the only juice you should keep in the fridge............I doubt you eat 5000 cals ed and I dont think you have any juice....just saying
    lol...

i dont really care if you think i do or not but if i have an oppurtunity to prove someone wrong i will
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=1#post5957969

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    i thought so. Who needs to spend 60 - 100 bucks on some crappy tasting powder when you can just spend that money on tuna cans and V8 lol
    Because tuna doesn't come in chocolate flavor?

Just kidding.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    So ive been doing a ton of research on supplements and them i came across a movie called: bigger, stronger, faster. seems to me that powder supplements are a total waste of money and the only beneficial powder out there is creatine monohydrate.

Thoughts ?
    I wouldnt say its all garbage besides creatine BUT there are alot of BS supplements out there,,,especially at GNC and they
    are going to be far over priced.

Bloodyshins is offline Junior Member
    Haha, awesome!

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    Lol this is funny. Creatine, protein, bcaa, glutamine, n vitamins are all that go into my machine.

Van_City is offline New Member
    Ahh that cracks me up... Nothing like the comeratity amongst fellow man ;-)

G Lock is offline Banned
    Creatine costing 60 bucks....What the hell kinda creatine you been looking at I can buy my self a good Optimum Nutrition creatine mono which is also micronized an creapure for about 11 bucks and last two months. I mean even some of the GNC creatines work they are just over priced AF! 40 bucks of GNC's creatine works the same aa OP creatine and actually I think the OP could have worked a bit better, def lasted longer and it was cheaper. And crappy tasting powder? The point isn't for the taste as long as I get results and the product does what it says I can careless bout the taste.
    If something said gain 10 pounds of lean muscle in 2 weeks(impossible) but it worked I would take it no matter if it taste like dog crap.
    Everything has a purpose, pre-workouts, creatine, multi-vitamin, fish oil blah blah blah, its up to you to decide if your diet should include it or if you need it or not.

jg2243 is offline Junior Member
    Forget the products the damn prices are sooo high ...talk about over priced I wouldn't buy anything from there unless I had to .. even if I had to I would still look for another alternative

HeadAndArm is offline Junior Member
    I hate GNC! Always some tiny kid or creepy adult hovering over me telling me everything I already know. I only shop there if I can't find a reasonable price online for what I'm looking for.

revo_romero is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Back when I was a kid and reading the BB magazines I spent crazy money on crap. Now I only use whey and casein protein powders and creatine monohydrate.
    Every young teens first big mistake in working out....MuscleTech... I too spent tons on crap like that when I was 15-16!

Thread Information