Thread: Just wondering

manonfire is offline Junior Member

Just wondering

I sometimes have a problem with becoming hungry at night.. so bad I need to eat. My diet during the day is great.
    My question is.. Is it wise to do a protien shake like Syntha 6 before bed. It seems to work and I stay asleep but
    is there a down side?

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Casein protein is good for before bed as it's a slower digesting protein. If you would prefer an actual meal before bed there are good options for that as well. Low fat cottage cheese, or any lean protein source works well. Just adjust your daily macros to accommodate the extra meal. Post this in the nutrition forum to get better responses and many many bedtime meal ideas. Everyone has a favorite, my current being 1 can tuna with a few dashes of hot sauce. Then to catch my sweet tooth I follow with 1 tbs natty pb with 1/2 cup greek yogurt.
    Last edited by Dpyle; 04-02-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Porky is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manonfire View Post
    I sometimes have a problem with becoming hungry at night.. so bad I need to eat. My diet during the day is great.
    My question is.. Is it wise to do a protien shake like Syntha 6 before bed. It seems to work and I stay asleep but
    is there a down side?
    if you wake up in the middle of the the night hungry , put a mini fridge next to your bed with a shake ready to go so you wake up chug and go back to sleep . problem solved

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Dpyle. I drink casein before bed. If i'm extra hungry I'll do 2 scoops. I have the same problem. I wake up at like 3am craving carbs and meat. It's like my body's starving, even when I'd eat an hour or two before bed. Now I chug my shke 15-20 mins before a sleep

I have been having 2 scoops of protien powder before bed time and I have been sleeping th entire night It has been awsome

V-ROID is offline Member
    As long as it doesn't put you over your calories then why not?

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I use Syntha-6 when I'm not trying to drop fat or anything, it does have tons of crap in it but it tastes sooo good. To answer your question, yes Syntha-6 is a slow digesting casein protein, so taking it before bed is a good idea.

adamjames is offline Member
    my last meal before bed is whey flax and *****

Nooomoto what do you mean syntha 6 has alot of crap in it? Is this not a good sup when trying to lose fat?

Thread Information