socalfun64 is offline Junior Member

Medicines, Vitamins and Supplements effects on Liver?

Hi Guys,

I seem to be adding more prescription Meds, Vitamins and herbal supplements everyday, not to mention all the powders, etc. If you take 20 pills of various types, twice a day and other Supps, what happens to the Lliver? Is it able to effectively process all the various substances at the same time without overloading? Is there a limit to how much you should take at once?

Please help me understand this process, as I can't see how my body can possibly process all this stuff?

Thank You Sooo much for taking the time..

demyze is offline New Member
    I know this might be a dumb question........are you taking milk thistle as part of your everyday supplements? if not...I would recommend it for helping your overall liver health.

Quote Originally Posted by demyze View Post
    I know this might be a dumb question........are you taking milk thistle as part of your everyday supplements? if not...I would recommend it for helping your overall liver health.
    No, I'm not. I saw something about that the other day. I'll look into adding it (another supp, yikes.... lol).

Thanks!

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your liver will process all that stuff, that's why the liver is there for. It is basically the chemical factory of human body.

The real question is, what happens to the liver when so much stress is put on it.

The answer depends on how strong and healthy your liver is to begin with, how much of everything can it take and not fail. This is where genetics and life style kicks in. Do you know what is one thing common amongst competitive professional BBs other than good genetics for building muscle? A strong liver and a set of strong kidneys!

Supplements should be cycled to spare kidneys and liver. One should not be on whey, creatine, pre-workout supplements and other types of amino acids all year long IMO.

Life style is also important. People who cycle AAS and supplements all year around should definitely stay away from alcohol and tobacco, recreational drugs and also try to minimize the intake of over-the-counter drugs such as painkillers, sleeping pills and so forth.

In addition, consumption of plenty of distilled water and flushing yourself out throughout the day is also an absolute necessity in order to ensure that your kidneys are healthy and your liver enzymes are on the right track.

Getting your liver checked every once in a while will most likely provide you with the best road map concerning what to do and eliminate potential future problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer
    Your liver will process all that stuff, that's why the liver is there for. It is basically the chemical factory of human body.

The real question is, what happens to the liver when so much stress is put on it.

The answer depends on how strong and healthy your liver is to begin with, how much of everything can it take and not fail. This is where genetics and life style kicks in. Do you know what is one thing common amongst competitive professional BBs other than good genetics for building muscle? A strong liver and a set of strong kidneys!

Supplements should be cycled to spare kidneys and liver. One should not be on whey, creatine, pre-workout supplements and other types of amino acids all year long IMO.

Life style is also important. People who cycle AAS and supplements all year around should definitely stay away from alcohol and tobacco, recreational drugs and also try to minimize the intake of over-the-counter drugs such as painkillers, sleeping pills and so forth.

In addition, consumption of plenty of distilled water and flushing yourself out throughout the day is also an absolute necessity in order to ensure that your kidneys are healthy and your liver enzymes are on the right track.

Getting your liver checked every once in a while will most likely provide you with the best road map concerning what to do and eliminate potential future problems.
    Really thoughtful answer bro. That will help more than just me Im sure. Im doing all those things, healthy lifestyle (except weight, which Im working on). Question tho, why distilled water?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have had HCV (HepC) for ages so this sort of thing is of particular importance to me.

First I would suggest using Liv52 in place of milk thistle in test after test it has been found to be more effective against a variety of hepatotoxins. Aside from that the first thing to do is to drink lots of water and avoid alcohol at all costs as well as things like tylenol. As far as supplements and prescription as well as OTC drugs most can be checked for hepatotoxicity on the web. By drinking lots of water using Liv52 and avoiding foods that are hard on the liver, I have been able to lower all my blood markers despite using AAS, Slin and Supps even Whey (which is a milk product) . However I am careful to not overindulge in fat soluable multivatimins (limit to a few a week, more when blasting) however water soluable I use daily. Also I have found that some cheap whey seems to be pretty nasty whereas others (gold standard) seem to be pretty harmless.

Anyway google what you take and if you want to play it safe get blood taken to see if your liver is being taxed.

Distilled water can not hurt, tap water usually contains a bunch of clorine and if the chlorine is not effective it may also contain microsystins from cyanobacterial blooms. The only problem with the chlorine is that its absorbed very well through the skin, legit studies conducted at major universities have found that body concentrations are just as high from showering as drinking. All that said I drink spring water (Deer Park) as I hate the taste of tap or distilled and as said earlier my bloodwork comes back good.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 04-14-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Far from massive: I have looked into Liv52 after reading your thread and it seems very promising. In the future, I will be making it an agent of my longevity supplementation for liver, along with Milk Thistle. Thank you.

socalfun64: As for the quality of water that we drink, here is what I think: Spring water > Distilled water > Tap water.

Thread Information