siven91 is offline New Member

which supplements should I start with

Hi

i am 21 and weight 110 lbs. I started gym but I want to start supplements too. I am also taking Gold Whey protein and serious mass by optimum protein. I want some suggestion for what should i do to gain weight and build muscle at the same time.

Thank you for all the replies I get and help from the members.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    A good solid whey protein ( I like isolates) and some micronized Creatine Monohydrate.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^ Agreed.

Stay away from glossy supplements, don't fall for the ads of supp producers, especially those of Muscletech. Thinned walled and disappointment is where you are going to end up otherwise.

On a last note, do NOT solely rely on supplementation to grow, you have to eat, eat, eat in order to grow.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by siven91
    Hi

i am 21 and weight 110 lbs. I started gym but I want to start supplements too. I am also taking Gold Whey protein and serious mass by optimum protein. I want some suggestion for what should i do to gain weight and build muscle at the same time.

Thank you for all the replies I get and help from the members.
    As Turkish said mate, actual food is #1 the best place to head is the diet section. Get your diet sorted and you'll will be amazed with your progress, supplements are merely that, just there to help you fill in the missing gaps in your diet, with out protein powder it would be very painful meeting my grams for the day, I'd rather get it all from food but it's not always practical,

Food
    Protein powder
    A cheap bulk powder monohydrate creatine
    (many pre workouts contain creatine and they are relatively cheap, Pre workouts are great to give you that drive and focus in the gym when you need that extra push)
    Fish oil
    Multi
    Last edited by auswest; 05-13-2012 at 06:27 AM.

siven91 is offline New Member
    thank you so much guys for replying i really appreciate. You guys recommend any creatin powder?

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    I like anything that's pure Creapure creatine.. A few diff companies use this in their products.
    Optimum Nutrition has 1.. it's micronized pure creapure creatine.. no flavor, color, sugars, none of that crap, just pure creatine. I've been using it for a couple months now with great results..

In the past I've taken other flashy blends and was left with nothin but bloat and an empty wallet. This stuff is cheap and works great.

Rhodium is offline Junior Member
    Whey powder
    Maltodextrin
    Creatine, imo

Daniel_CN is offline New Member
    Fish Oil
    Whey
    Preworkout if you feel like you need the boost.

Supplements are a distant secondary to your diet/nutrition/training. Try to keep it simple with the supplements for now.

nikepump8844 is offline New Member
    I'd recommend a whey gainer (monster mass or a cheaper equivalent) to give you calories in addition to protein if you're looking to gain. Upping your caloric intake (food) is your best bet. Creatine too is a great supplement - i'd just go for a basic creatine monohydrate powder. Google "creatine loading" to learn how to dose it properly to get best results. Also go for a good multivitamin
    Those are your two best bets. If you've got extra cash to burn, go for a casein protein powder shake before bed

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikepump8844 View Post
    I'd recommend a whey gainer (monster mass or a cheaper equivalent) to give you calories in addition to protein if you're looking to gain.
    We typically do not advice for mass gainers that are loaded with sugars.

OP can make his own gainer by mixing whey and other sources of powdered proteins with grounded oats and creatine.

HeadAndArm is offline Junior Member
    All of the big ones have been covered (protein, creatine, multi, etc) after those have been covered I find glutamine to be a valuable supplement for recovery.

cj0
    cj0 is offline New Member
    ur supplements sound ok, but you need more food. what is your diet like?

dtex587 is offline New Member
    Creatine monohydrate sends me on about 10 trips a day to the toliet idk maybe it just me but ive heard from other people this sam effect happening to them

Thread Information