nyamad is offline New Member

PWS dextrose/ carbs

Hey, does anyone rember what is the mesurement for the intake of dextrose and carbs in a post workout shake?
    Thanks

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Amount of dextrose=0.

Pick a complex carb instead!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^ Great response indeed!

OP, that amount would depend on your body weight and goals...

Loomis is offline New Member
    40-80grams

rissinite is offline Associate Member
    Disagree with this to a point. There's plenty of documentation out there supporting fast-acting carbs in a 2:1 ratio with Protein for PWO1. I've used Dextrose exclusively for the past 5 years whether cutting or bulking and have had great results for both. A lot of diet and supplementation is trial and error, and not everyone is the same. Dextrose works for me.

Mr.Louaghos is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rissinite View Post
    Disagree with this to a point. There's plenty of documentation out there supporting fast-acting carbs in a 2:1 ratio with Protein for PWO1. I've used Dextrose exclusively for the past 5 years whether cutting or bulking and have had great results for both. A lot of diet and supplementation is trial and error, and not everyone is the same. Dextrose works for me.
    Interesting, thanks for your input.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rissinite View Post
    Yes, there are indeed plenty of documentation out there fabricated by the forefronts of the supplement industry supporting fast-acting carbs in a 2:1 ratio, namely dextrose and maltodextrin, since these are the two most abundant simple carb sources used in their gainers, given that they are about the cheapest sources for producers and buyers.

If dextrose worked for you, then fine, stick with it.

But beware of the fact that oncologists all around the world have been suggesting correlations exist between drastically increasing cases of pancreas cancer in the recent past and consumption of such sugar sources, not to mention the direct correlation between inflammation and insulin spike as well as increased metabolic syndrome parameters and damaging & failure of internal organs have been relentlessly demonstrated by the medical community in the past.

Realize that only because something works for you does NOT mean it is an healthy option to adopt and implement, as some of us here are also health conscious while giving nutritional advice.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 05-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Rhodium is offline Junior Member
    I like using dextrose pwo even though pretty much everyone on here says otherwise.

Thread Information