leelee_69 is offline Junior Member

Question Hives from protein bars??

My daughter who is overweight has decided to go on a low carb diet, and has been eating Carb Solutions High Protein Bars, she woke up with Hives all over her. I suggested that she stop eating them immediately, what causes this?

tryingtogain is offline Member
    bump

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I would ask a doctor is she allergic to any foods, choc, nuts....??? I dont think the protein alone is causeing this I am sure if it is even the bars it is one certain ingrediant. Also has she changed anything else in her life that could have caused this.

Pain

demetri is offline Member
    First of all eating low carb bars on a low carb diet is a bad idea.

They lie about the carb content. Everyone I know that's on a low carb diet that's started eating low carb bars has been stalled in their wait loss, this includes me.

The malitol (an industrial adhesive) is a carb, though a low glycaemic one. The glycerine is also a carb (an ingredient in suppositories). They manufacturers call them sugar alcohols and therefore don't count them as a carb.

Sugar Alcohol does not sound like something that would be conducive for weight loss.

My thought is that if you have to look for "treats" while on a diet then you're going to fail. I also don't think that any of the protein or MRP bars out there are any better for you than a candy bar.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I'd go with Pains advice, and I tend to agree with what demetri is saying anout protein bars.

Thread Information