Thread: Ageless Male

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!

Ageless Male

So I was watching TV for the first time in a long time and they had this Ageless Male commercial on TV

Now, they've been running these ads for quite some time from what I've gathered, but I can't find any of their "clinical" proofs they claim in the commercial that their garbage even works.

I found their ingredients:

Saw Palmetto berry extract
    Astaxanthin (a type of carotenoid)

Now, what I want to know is how they haven't got in trouble running these ads, when Sketchers just recently got in trouble over their useless shoes not doing what their advertising claims? Same with that Super Beta Prostate crap.

Now, does anybody here know anything about studies that prove this stuff to work by reducing the conversion of test to DHT and estrogens?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Save your money. Just another marketing hyped supplement to steal your hard earned dollar.

BigBadWolf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ****
    Save your money. Just another marketing hyped supplement to steal your hard earned dollar.
    He wasn't asking if it was gto. He was asking why they haven't got in trouble.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have seen those ads and was frustrated for the same reason. But, a high percentage of ads are lying so someone would probably need to sue in order for them to get in trouble. Hell, the fake boner pill company didn't get in trouble for their ads, they got in trouble for credit card fraud.

Plus, sales would need to be lot higher for the government to step in. Those toner shoes had sales of over $1 billion dollars. Can you believe that?

My favorite part of the Sketcher's story: Half the studies that showed those stupid shoes were good for you were conducted by a chiropractor that was married to a senior vice president of marketing at Sketcher's. I work in marketing and sometimes I hate what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    I wasn't asking if it was worth using. I know it's not. I want to know how they get away with that crap.

I mean the Sketcher's shoes were basically marketed to fat-asses who weren't going to diet or hit the gym anyways. So the outcome really didn't affect them any more than some gym membership they paid for but never used.

With stuff like Ageless Male or that Super Beta Prostate crap, you got a group of men with medical conditions that need actual medical treatment. They're getting duped by some BS ads in to using a product that doesn't work rather than going to a doctor and getting proven treatments. I mean this should be criminal and not just something they can be sued over.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I have seen those ads and was frustrated for the same reason. But, a high percentage of ads are lying so someone would probably need to sue in order for them to get in trouble. Hell, the fake boner pill company didn't get in trouble for their ads, they got in trouble for credit card fraud.

Plus, sales would need to be lot higher for the government to step in. Those toner shoes had sales of over $1 billion dollars. Can you believe that?

My favorite part of the Sketcher's story: Half the studies that showed those stupid shoes were good for you were conducted by a chiropractor that was married to a senior vice president of marketing at Sketcher's. I work in marketing and sometimes I hate what I do.
    These guys have to be making some serious bread if they can afford to run commercials all the time. But $1 billion before the government does anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    These guys have to be making some serious bread if they can afford to run commercials all the time. But $1 billion before the government does anything?
    I don't know at what point the government gets involved, but I know they don't have the budget to go after everyone that lies on television. That is a LOT of people.

I don't know at what point the government gets involved, but I know they don't have the budget to go after everyone that lies on television. That is a LOT of people.
    They should prioritize. Go after the ones that can cause serious harm to the public first. It kind of makes you want to go find some herb like white sage and sell it in pill form claiming it shrinks cancer tumors. Make some late night commercials, you'll be rich.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure once its been brought to the attention of the FTC it will be stopped but most likely not until they have made their millions first.

They should prioritize. Go after the ones that can cause serious harm to the public first. It kind of makes you want to go find some herb like white sage and sell it in pill form claiming it shrinks cancer tumors. Make some late night commercials, you'll be rich.
    That is what Donald Lapre did. He actually did several scams, but his Ultimate Vitamin is what sent him to prison. I killed himself there and I was not saddened to hear the news.

He had claimed a few times to be able to cure cancer (among other things). Once with diet, then with his vitamins.

That is what Donald Lapre did. He actually did several scams, but his Ultimate Vitamin is what sent him to prison. I killed himself there and I was not saddened to hear the news.

He had claimed a few times to be able to cure cancer (among other things). Once with diet, then with his vitamins.
    Don Lapre was a scam master. He made so much money on his millionaire startup kits that he sold. He should've just retired off that.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm totally bewildered that ppl fall for theses scams...IMO 99% of tv is based on revenues by companies that want to sell you something...and if their lips are moving, then they are liars.

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    I'm totally bewildered that ppl fall for theses scams...IMO 99% of tv is based on revenues by companies that want to sell you something...and if their lips are moving, then they are liars.
    I'm not too bewildered by these scams promising to cure medical problems men have. I mean how many men in their 40's or older avoid the doctor like the plague unless they have to go? It's easier to go buy some supplement to them.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree with that point of view, Even though its an older school of thought, men still do it out of pride....."being a man" I hate that clique...."be a man" and suffer in stupidity? lol. I just just saying I was bewildered at the ppl who fall for the scams, not the scams themselves, they have and will continue to be around till the end of time.

optionsdude is offline Member
    Ah capitalism,screw the guy who's not paying attention. I always gotta kick out of the pyramid scam ones like Km,Bodywise,and Mona Vie.

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    ever watch BET AT 4 AM? brother gerard claims holy water brings you riches o,0 he charges like 19.99 for half a cup of filthy water! I CALL SCAM

Quote Originally Posted by Ishallnocheatmyself View Post
    ever watch BET AT 4 AM? brother gerard claims holy water brings you riches o,0 he charges like 19.99 for half a cup of filthy water! I CALL SCAM
    I call that genius.

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    looks like theres a dht inhibitor in this product. what about the danger being reported of dht blockers causing long term or permanent erectile dysfunction?

defeats the purpose of taking this.

Vettester is offline Banned
    I've seen that doctor on some other ads for bio identical hormone repla***ent, so you can bet your bottom $$ he doesn't take that crap they're talking about now.

What's stupid about the whole thing is that they get people thinking that one little super pill will fix your low testosterone if you have it. What nobody in the general public realizes is that low test can be a result of the HPTA not functioning, or the testicles not functioning. If a person is primary, what the hell will that crap do? Even if they're secondary, what will that crap do? It's a joke, but most of the drones out there sitting on their fat butts want to believe that one little pill will make them 18 again.

iSwanson is offline Junior Member
    I'm sure that doctor is getting some extra Test, but it sure as hell isn't from "AgelessMale."

Quote Originally Posted by iSwanson View Post
    I'm sure that doctor is getting some extra Test, but it sure as hell isn't from "AgelessMale."
    I'm sure he's on TRT. The other guy in the commercial is probably too. I just think these scams are criminal. These makers knowingly are deceiving people in to using their product thinking it's going to make them better. Meanwhile they get no relief other than a placebo effect and their problems get worse. And it's not like this is some obscure product. They advertise all the time on cable. Way more than Sketchers did with their bullshit shoes.

And after all the wars on AAS/DS/PH where there government is looking out for "our" interests, here is something they should do something about and they dont.

And this isn't even their worst product. They also make that Super Beta Prostate supplement too. I wonder how many men with the early stages of prostate cancer, didn't know they had it so they used that shit product until the cancer spread or got worse?

New Vitality is the name of the company that produces both products.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 05-30-2012 at 02:23 PM.

iSwanson is offline Junior Member
    I'm sure he's on TRT. The other guy in the commercial is probably too. I just think these scams are criminal. These makers knowingly are deceiving people in to using their product thinking it's going to make them better. Meanwhile they get no relief other than a placebo effect and their problems get worse. And it's not like this is some obscure product. They advertise all the time on cable. Way more than Sketchers did with their bullshit shoes.

And after all the wars on AAS/DS/PH where there government is looking out for "our" interests, here is something they should do something about and they dont.

And this isn't even their worst product. They also make that Super Beta Prostate supplement too. I wonder how many men with the early stages of prostate cancer, didn't know they had it so they used that shit product until the cancer spread or got worse?

I know it's disgusting to see this type of scamming going on right on our televisions, but I've become used to concluding anything that is sold strictly on TV is probably a sham.

Quote Originally Posted by iSwanson View Post
    I know it's disgusting to see this type of scamming going on right on our televisions, but I've become used to concluding anything that is sold strictly on TV is probably a sham.
    Not everything. That rotissary oven that you set and forget is pretty fvcking awesome. If you don't own one, you're missing out. And that juicer that Jack Lellane used to pimp really made good juice. But yeah all of the "supplements" they sell on TV are total shit. They could fix this by having the FCC hold the TV stations financially responsible for airing these scam ads. That'd force them to at least look at the garbage they're pimping on their airwaves.

Brohim is offline Senior Member

Same thing the Bodybuilding magazines do. Advertise huge BBer's touting a product. I think it should all be illegal too. False claim's.

But they don't specifically say "Look how good Dr so and so is, he is 56 year's old, he looks like this specifically because of ageless male". But they make it in a way that assumes he did. Clever marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    Same thing the Bodybuilding magazines do. Advertise huge BBer's touting a product. I think it should all be illegal too. False claim's.

But they don't specifically say "Look how good Dr so and so is, he is 56 year's old, he looks like this specifically because of ageless male". But they make it in a way that assumes he did. Clever marketing.
    Yeah, but it's one thing when you're just thinking it's going to turn you in to He-Man, only to find out it's BS. It's another thing for a product that is marketed to treat an illness (despite them claiming it's not) to turn out to be a scam because now you got a group of users that are potentially harmed by the product.

And even worse. There BS TRT supplements are just going to end up giving bad publicity to TRT. It's hard enough finding knowledgeable doctors willing to do that sort of treatment.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 05-30-2012 at 07:31 PM.

OcieMarkins is offline New Member
    I have a friend who used it and he got no positive results! it's a bad deal!!

mxer657 is offline Junior Member
    Can't believe people buy into this crap especially on here...

Thread Information