Levani is offline Junior Member

Does L-Carnitine burn fat?

does carnitine with diet end cardio burn fat faster?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Human studies that are funded by carnitine manufacturers have shown that L. Carnitine helps to build muscle mass, reduce fat mass, and provide more energy and stamina. These studies also suggest that L. Carnitine subtly boosts the uptake in muscle tissue of testosterone or other androgens after intensive training, however, carnitine needs carbohydrates to be able to enter muscle cells, which is something that most users are unaware of.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 04-22-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    Human studies that are funded by carnitine manufacturers have shown that L. Carnitine to helps to build muscle mass, reduce fat mass, and provide more energy and stamina. These studies also suggest that L. Carnitine subtly boosts the uptake in muscle tissue of testosterone or other androgens after intensive training, however, carnitine needs carbohydrates to be able to enter muscle cells, which is something that most users are unaware of.
    Cool I'm a pro carb and take at least 300gr carbs on my training days. So it means that carnitine will work form me? And what about suggested dose?

Depends on your body weight and also the type of carnitine you will be using.

I have never witnessed more than 5gr per serving being suggested, however.

Depends on your body weight and also the type of carnitine you will be using.

I have never witnessed more than 5gr per serving being suggested, however.
    i'm 181lbs 5,10 and 15%bf
    so what is the best carnitine for fat burning? only carnitine that i found was acetyl and regular l-carnitine. wich one is better?
    and when shoud i take it? on some forums they say on emty stomach it has better absorbtion properties...

Acetyl L. Carnitine is supposed to be the more advanced and effective version, since it is the more expensive one in the market.

Here is a link for you, so that you can actually look into the product, determine dosing and etc.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1102***4

As for taking it on empty stomach, most supplements absorb better when you do so since they don't have to compete with bunch of other nutritional particulates to make it through the digestive tract into the circulatory stream. However, every human study conducted on L. Carnitine shows us that it needs carbs to enter the cells, so it may be a good idea to take it with a small amount of fruit juice pre-workout.

Acetyl L. Carnitine is supposed to be the more advanced and effective version, since it is the more expensive one in the market.

Here is a link for you, so that you can actually look into the product, determine dosing and etc.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1102***4

As for taking it on empty stomach, most supplements absorb better when you do so since they don't have to compete with bunch of other nutritional particulates to make it through the digestive tract into the circulatory stream. However, every human study conducted on L. Carnitine shows us that it needs carbs to enter the cells, so it may be a good idea to take it with a small amount of fruit juice pre-workout.
    cool thanks for info!

odessy is offline New Member
    The bio-availability of L-carnitine when taken as a supplement is quite low, around 15% I think. I am unsure of the claims of L-carnitine for fat lost but have heard of it before. You can also get it as a an injectable made for horses and inject it subcutaneously although you might want to get some more information on the validity of this.

joshmintz1987 is offline New Member
    Hi everyone I am 5'2 155pounds and still losing weight. Should I use the l carnitine?

odessy is offline New Member
    OP, why not just go with clen , albuterol or ECA

Quote Originally Posted by joshmintz1987 View Post
    Hi everyone I am 5'2 155pounds and still losing weight. Should I use the l carnitine?
    You could. Will it be worth it? Probably not. Try looking in to the above three things assuming your goal is to burn fat. Try the site sponsor ar-r .com, got some albuterol from there myself. More importantly, as this is your first post, what is your diet like? Check out the Nutrition section first and get that sorted before you worry about any fat burning supplements.

hey i tried acetyl l-carnitine combined with alpha lipodic acid and it works! ofcourse it is a slower process then clen or albuterol. i take one phill in the morning on an empty stomach and one before workout. my belly is getting harder and smaller! and yeah caffein phill is awsome too! i gotta try clen after this to prime before my first aas cycle

Glad to hear those two supplements are working out for you!

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    CLA is good too

One does NOT need to supplement with CLA if his daily diet already consist of whole-fat dairy and red meat, not to mention some vegetables such as mushrooms and various sources of animals fats such as egg yolks also contain a generous amount of it.

Thread Information