Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Razor is offline Banned
    What actually works. most of them I tried are garbage...

Hardcorerider34 is offline Junior Member
    When I first started taking protein I noticed better recovery times but besides that most of everything else I think is a waste of money.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Animal pak vitamins

Creatine

Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007
    Creatine
    Used the old size-on and I held water and felt fat so ill never use it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcorerider34

Used the old size-on and I held water and felt fat so ill never use it again.
    Doesn't do that to me, I add it to my protein shake

Depends what your are referring to.
    When i was natural animal pack boosted my strenght quite a bit. So did that universal storm creatine. Now they dont do nothing for me but then again, i am on trt and i cycle.
    And now, because i have very little time to keep a good diet, i get most of my protein from protein shakes, thus they do work.

Now if your talking about those supplements that promise you to get bigger than Mr O and more shredded, of course its bullshait. For example you can take animal cuts, hydroxy cut or whatever supplement that promises to get you cutt up, they dont do anything for you, just a waste of money in my opinion. Diet is pretty much the key to getting big or to cut.

V-ROID is offline Member
    Pop a few yohimbes and tell me they don't work! If you can keep your fingers focused enough to type... That shit gives me a bionic heart! But as far as REAL supplements go, for someone like me who has a hard time getting enough protein, mega dosing BCAA's DEFINITELY speeds up my recovery time.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I only use whey, casein, creatine, BCAA's, multivitamin, and fish oil tabs. I would never spend money on anything else.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Multivitamin, protein powder and fish oil for me.

killergoalie is offline Associate Member
    I've tried practically every type of creatine on the market...from Creatine Monohydrate, Phosphagen HP, Cell-Tech, Kre-Alkalyn, N.O.X-Plode, Serum, SuperPump, etc etc etc, and not ONE of them gave me any increased strength, or energy. All they ever did was make me YAWN. I guess I'm just one of those rare non responders.

I've had some success with some BCAA products, and of course protein powder, but other than that, it's basically been a waste of money.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Whey, BCAA, Fish oil, Multi. Creatine while on cycle.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I only use whey, casein, creatine, BCAA's, multivitamin, and fish oil tabs. I would never spend money on anything else.
    yup exact same for me

oh yeah some jack3d but you get immune to that after a month so best used sparingly

i like ephedrine pre workout now if its any kind of sparing etc, although not really a supplement is it . . . . .

ECA is by far the best pre-workout stack. But you're right....It's not really a supplement

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    Supplements I use are a preworkout. I stopped using jack3d because I became to tolerant.. I just switched to muscle pharm assault and I kinda like it. I also take BCAA, Glutamine(for my immune system), L-Arginine powder, L-Carnitine powder, CLA, Piracetam mixed with Choline Bitartrate (for cognitive enhan***ent), and all my vities....Just stopped taking creatine after 6 months to see how much water weight i will lose. I plan to get right back on after 2 weeks
    Last edited by nkyle90; 03-12-2012 at 12:47 AM.

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killergoalie View Post
    I've tried practically every type of creatine on the market...from Creatine Monohydrate, Phosphagen HP, Cell-Tech, Kre-Alkalyn, N.O.X-Plode, Serum, SuperPump, etc etc etc, and not ONE of them gave me any increased strength, or energy. All they ever did was make me YAWN. I guess I'm just one of those rare non responders.

I've had some success with some BCAA products, and of course protein powder, but other than that, it's basically been a waste of money.
    Do you track your lifting routines? did you log before and after creatine supplementation? and did you take the enough at the right time? I've never heard of ANYONE not getting results from creatine....

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here is a list of what works for me and how:

1. Creatine Mono: 5gr, post-workout only, I don't even feel the need to take it on my off days. I take it with my Pro shake which also includes sufficient amount of carbs. Note: Creatine must work for everyone, we may be all different metabolically but we are all the same anatomically. You just need to know how to conduct properly.

2. Whey Protein: 25gr pre-workout (30 mins. before I hit the gym) with some natural apple juice, 25gr post-workout with Creatine Mono and a large banana (all goes into the blender with enough cold water).

3. GNC MegaMen Sport Multi Vitamin: One serving about 30 mins. after breakfast, again, only on training days.

4. Vitamin Ester C-1000: 3 times a day, with meals. I take it ED since generous amounts of Vitamin C is known to suppress cortizol and increase protein synthesis in the body.

5. BCAA: When I feel like my liver has been upset due to too much fast-acting whey intake, I will switch from whey to BCAA, since BCAA do not require protein synthesis in the liver and I can get away with smaller quantities than Whey (10 gr per serving as opposed to 25gr of whey per serving) and still get pretty good results.

6. Fish Oils: The most underestimated supp. IMO. Increases protein synthesis, reduces inflammation, promotes joint health, increases energy, very strong anti-oxidant, promotes skin and stomach health besides many other good stuff that I cannot think of right now.

7. Caffeine Tablets: 200mg 20 mins prior to workout gives me incredible hype, allows me to concentrate physically and mentally, best preworkout product ever, not to mention it is the cheapest and most effective for me.

8. Q-Enzyme Q10: The strongest anti-oxidant known to men, meaning it protects your cells against free radicals (all cells, not only hearth and blood vessel cells like some assume with this supp.) It is an enzyme that human body produces at small amounts, which unfortunately starts to decrease significantly starting from age 30. I decided to give it a shot last year and bought the 200mg soft-gel capsules from GNC. I started to take one ED about 30 mins. before I went to bed. Holy cow! In about a week and a half, not only my blood pressure decreased and headaches were gone, my skin started to look fuller, tighter, younger as if I was on HGH! I think I will be on this stuff for the rest of my life.

What else I think that works but I do not use currently:

1. CLA: I take enough CLA from macros; however, I strongly recommend those who stay away from dairy to supplement with CLA. It generates fat burning and anti-catabolic effects.

2. L. Glutamine: I used it in the past and unlike what the supp. companies claim, there is no scientific evidence showing that it promotes muscle growth and/or halts muscle waste. However, it is a great amino acid concerning longevity, it certainly aids the immune system and it has been proven to be a great anti inflammatory substance for the stomach. I used the Glutapure by Ultimate Nutrition, my dosing was 15gr a day and I felt generally better then. I believe this is one of the better Glutamine supps. out there and I may start using this product again.

3. Casein: If you are not hitting your daily macro of protein and cannot afford to eat a 10-12 oz lean steak as your last meal of the night, then Casein becomes a life saver due to its high BV and slow acting nature. I am slightly allergic to it and it is also extremely expensive in where I live so no Casein for me.

What I specifically use while cycling:

1. Milk Thistle: No need to explain why. Does wonders for liver.

2. Baby Asprin: Most juice heads skip to use it while cycling. They seem to forget that generous doses of AAS (and HGH) turns blood into a sludgy compound, hence increasing the chance of cardiovascular damage as well as stroke. Not to mention, when your blood is sludgy, transportation of oxygen and amino acids to muscle fibers are also somewhat halted. This is exactly where baby asprin kicks in, it thins out blood and there are numerous studies about its positive effects on cardiovascular health. However, those with gastrointestinal medical history should watch out for aspirin. Because when you take aspirin, it dissolves in your stomach or the next part of the digestive tract, the small intestine, and your body absorbs it there.

3. Saw Palmetto: I am a DHT fan, as some of you may have caught up to this by reading my threads about Primobolan Depot and Anavar on the steroid forum. Prolonged DHT cycles at high doses will def. enlarge your prostate if not cause damage to it from an angle. Saw Palmetto is the supp. to make sure I don't walk around with a prostate the size of my head which also makes me want to urinate every 15 mins.

What I think is the biggest rip-off of all BB supplementation:

Nitric Oxide, of course.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^Interesting...never thought about taking baby aspirin (81mg) on cycle.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nkyle90 View Post
    Do you track your lifting routines? did you log before and after creatine supplementation? and did you take the enough at the right time? I've never heard of ANYONE not getting results from creatine....
    There is a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine that showed 40% of people do not respond or benefit from creatine at all. It was done a few years ago , on resistance trained males. You dont often find such a study on a supplement done in a controlled enough manner to be published in one of the most reputable sources in the world.
    I posted the link a long time ago here ..im sure if someone was determined enough using the search function they could find it.
    btw - creatine does nothing for me either.

killergoalie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nkyle90 View Post
    Yes I did all that. I logged all of my routines...before AND after using whatever creatine supplement I purchased, and they did absolutely diddly squat for me. I did the whole loading phase BS, the maintenance doses, whatever the instructions called for. And nothing! Except as I mentioned it made me YAWN!!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I like creatine,,beta alanine,,Glutamine and of course whey protein is a must IMO.

Lil man is offline Associate Member
    Creatine for sure. Cellmass is my fav but thats only my opinion. I have to supplement carbs too. That normally helps me a lot it seems. I like cytocarb II but I would think for the most part they are the same. It just mixes super easy

I could be talking out my ass here, but seems like I remember somebody once saying there's no need for creatine if you have enough red meat in your diet as you're already getting all the creatine you would ever need from that.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I could be talking out my ass here, but seems like I remember somebody once saying there's no need for creatine if you have enough red meat in your diet as you're already getting all the creatine you would ever need from that.
    Correct.

Check out my thread for further info. on the subject:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...54#post5936354
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 03-13-2012 at 02:42 AM.

chadstud is offline Associate Member
    The only ones I use are bcaa and whey. Everything else did absolutely nothing. In fact when I take creatine it makes me weaker..

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    i like a lot of pre-workout supps like hemo rage and muscle spike. Its not like any supps are magic but if your diet is good and youknow how to train thenits a advatage that i thoink would be stupid not to take

Razor is offline Banned

My fav doc of all time. Opens your eyes on alot of stuff

Such an awesome documentary. Its a big reason I'm here. I see that most supplements are garbage. I get the placebo affect and feel like I'm doin great. I been supplementing cytocarb and protein on top of what I already eat and have gotten weaker. I swear I'm going backwards. I still think that supplements help you get bigger faster stronger, but only to where your body quits. It's not gonna just keep growing. If it would we would all be 280-300 and cut like a razor

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Do we really consider protein as a supplement - at least in the same context as Jack3d, etc.?
    I view shakes as a way to add protein to one's diet inexpensively and more efficiently than eating the equivalent in tuna or chicken breasts.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Botton line is people expect miracles with some of these supplements through hyped up advertising.
    There are probably a dozen essentials for bodybuilders out there and the rest..USELESS.

And why wouldn't protein be a supplement? You supplement protein to get more. As vitamins we get from eating as well we still supplement. Every thing you take is a supplement

prodigious is offline Junior Member
    The usual: whey and protein ( which are more a staple than a supplement ), multi vitamin, fish oils, creatine. Sometimes some glutamine

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    These help me feel awesome if with a severe cut and cardio 7 days a week and 5 days of lifting and a day of boxing mixed in:

CLA
    Taurine
    Potassium
    Fish Oil
    L-Carnatine
    Chromium Picolate
    Glucosamine
    GNC Ultra Mega Gold Vitamin
    Calcium Chews

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Multivitamin, protein powder and fish oil for me.
    x2....with some caffeine pre work out once in a while.

Van_City is offline New Member
    Thanks "Turkish Juicer"

Good stuff.

dooie is offline Senior Member
    From my studies, the supps that have been proven to work are: some ppl have already stated
    Bcaas (useless when u already have a high protein diet)
    Creatine Mono
    Fish oil
    Beta alanine
    DMAA
    Caffeine
    HMB
    Citrulline Malate

Most/ almost all pre workout supps are based on beta alanine, creatine, DMAA and caffeine, but these supps don't even give the correct amount of what has actually been proven to work!

Buy them separately in bulk and u will save hundreds of dollars

dooie is offline Senior Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	123596
    just found this in some of my old lecture notes

HeadAndArm is offline Junior Member
    I find a lot of things are going to be trial and error, see which supplements work for you and which ones don't. Not everything is going to work the same for everybody.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    The only stuff I use is protein powder and on days where I'm needing an extra pick me up, some White Flood. I never noticed any real gains from creatine aside from bloating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information