Thread: True protein

jg2243 is offline Junior Member

True protein

As anyone tried true protein or any other brand that let's you make your own blend? I get bad stomach pains from whey and the egg protein doesn't sit the best with me either .. There's a couple of company's that let you make your own and the they offer beef protein so I was going to
    Try that .. Anyone had any experience with beef protein or making your own ?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    if the protein is bothering you like it was me, I switched to 100% whey protein isolate. doesn't matter which brand. stomach pains/gas went away. plus i need to avoid milk or the gas comes back.

I switched to isolate and still have issues

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jg2243
    I switched to isolate and still have issues
    True protein is one of my favs bcuz there aren't a lot of fillers compared to the pre-packaged blends. It hasn't caused me any issues.

I'll have to try I get 75% of my protein by way of food but I need the extra to hit my macros ...I'm going to try it .. The nice thing is that I can order a pound and try it out

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jg2243
    I'll have to try I get 75% of my protein by way of food but I need the extra to hit my macros ...I'm going to try it .. The nice thing is that I can order a pound and try it out
    All the vets and pros will tell you the same thing: with an optimal diet, shakes should be minimal.

In my past ignorance I used to consume 4 shakes a day. It was great for fattening me up and no so much for the lean gains I wanted! Lol

Now I drink my shake(s) before, during, OR after a workout and only one occasionally through the day if I know my day will be hectic and my nutrition less than ideal - but as you well know, there is NO substitute for an optimal diet.

For sure. Order a small batch and see how you like it. Another reason I like TP is the protein is unflavored so it's a great addition to my peanut butter protein smoothies I make a few times a week. Far better than the other protein shake crap that's out there - most of which is sweetened with maltodextrin. Yuk!

Let me know how it goes bro!

Cheers.

Thread Information