Armykid93 is offline Productive Member

cheap protein powder

Can anyone send me info on where to get cheap protein powder? I'm going to be tight on money coming out of ait so I think i'm going to limit the supps I buy to a good protein powder and multi for awhile. I recently discovered vitacost.com seems like they have good deals but their protein powders are still kinda spendy. any help is appreciated

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Cheapest I have seen is BodyFortress for $15 for 2lb from Wally world. I have taken it, its not that great but it will do. SAMs has a 5lb bag of MuscleTech for $34

HCL
    HCL is offline New Member
    Google "truenutrition"

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Can anyone send me info on where to get cheap protein powder? I'm going to be tight on money coming out of ait so I think i'm going to limit the supps I buy to a good protein powder and multi for awhile. I recently discovered vitacost.com seems like they have good deals but their protein powders are still kinda spendy. any help is appreciated
    I would spend your money on whole food like eggs,,chicken,,beef etc...over a cheap quality protein powder.
    I think whey isolate is best but its not cheap.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ****

I would spend your money on whole food like eggs,,chicken,,beef etc...over a cheap quality protein powder.
    I think whey isolate is best but its not cheap.
    No substitute for good clean eating. The big guys in the gym generally don't drink a lot of protein crap because nothing replaces a good nutrition plan. Most shakes do little more than spike your insulin and promote fat and I suspect the cheaper the protein powder, the lower the quality.

Lol I did plan on eating extremely clean but I wanted to know what you guys use. Guess I'll stick with my gold standard whey

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93
    Lol I did plan on eating extremely clean but I wanted to know what you guys use. Guess I'll stick with my gold standard whey
    If that's the one from Optimum Nutrition, you're in good hands. It's pretty decent.

papa-g is offline Member
    I like Optimum Nutrition and their not bad on price. 20 bucks for the standard tub. I can PM you a site i use but there shipping is quite slow about 10-15 days.

let me know. BTW eggs, tuna, salmon, chicken, ground turkey, are not that pricey so try to eat and use the shakes after work outs or between meals and not as meal replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by papa-g
    I like Optimum Nutrition and their not bad on price. 20 bucks for the standard tub. I can PM you a site i use but there shipping is quite slow about 10-15 days.

let me know. BTW eggs, tuna, salmon, chicken, ground turkey, are not that pricey so try to eat and use the shakes after work outs or between meals and not as meal replacement.
    Thanks man that would be great. Yeah I was going to use them after I wake up in the mornings and post workout

Jonnyg419 is offline Member
    Sports nutrition Online has some great prices on protein powder. I try to eat as much whole food as I can but being at work for 10 hours on some days protein shakes just make it easier to hit my macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyg419
    Sports nutrition Online has some great prices on protein powder. I try to eat as much whole food as I can but being at work for 10 hours on some days protein shakes just make it easier to hit my macros.
    I'm sure. That is rough. Before I came into the army my job often times would be like that. Up until I got my temp job the hours were really unpredictable. It sucked

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    True nutrition is good for bulk powders.

I rarely ever buy bulk powders anymore as I hardly use many shakes. I have changed my diet to mostly whole foods. So i usually just get a tub of the optimum nutrition whey. I do buy liquid egg whites by the gallon though. Can't beat 4 gallons of egg whites for $54

Quote Originally Posted by Noles12

I rarely ever buy bulk powders anymore as I hardly use many shakes. I have changed my diet to mostly whole foods. So i usually just get a tub of the optimum nutrition whey. I do buy liquid egg whites by the gallon though. Can't beat 4 gallons of egg whites for $54
    That's an awesome deal! How many eggs is that equivalent to?

Imperious is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    No substitute for good clean eating. The big guys in the gym generally don't drink a lot of protein crap because nothing replaces a good nutrition plan. Most shakes do little more than spike your insulin and promote fat and I suspect the cheaper the protein powder, the lower the quality.
    They also can make you lose weight if one was to replace meals with shakes or do you think they still would make you fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post

I just looked at that site, who makes all those products?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Good plan Army, I could buy most anything I want but hate to waste money and the only thing I buy is Carbogain, Creatine and Gold Standard Whey. I use slin so the Carbogain is a mandatory otherwise I might drop it....anyhow back to the Gold Standard, while the price has gone up ( now $52 and change at Vitamin Shoppe) when you look at the number of servings per container its probably pretty damn cheap compared to any whole food protein other than eggs. Anyway as a PWO (this is the only time I use non whole food sources of protein) I think that creatine and a good brand of whey like Gold Standard is the only way to go.

PS No I am not calling creatine a protein source per say...its just something else I use in my PWO religiously.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 07-15-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Good plan Army, I could buy most anything I want but hate to waste money and the only thing I buy is Carbogain, Creatine and Gold Standard Whey. I use slin so the Carbogain is a mandatory otherwise I might drop it....anyhow back to the Gold Standard, while the price has gone up ( now $52 and change at Vitamin Shoppe) when you look at the number of servings per container its probably pretty damn cheap compared to any whole food protein other than eggs. Anyway as a PWO (this is the only time I use non whole food sources of protein) I think that creatine and a good brand of whey like Gold Standard is the only way to go.

PS No I am not calling creatine a protein source per say...its just something else I use in my PWO religiously.
    Do you run your carbonation and creatine after using slin
    What's your # of carbs per iu?

F250Hoss is offline New Member
    I like protein the protein from IDS. 5lbs runs me around $45 shipped from *************.com

Jonnyg419 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post

I am a fan!

Thread Information