PumpMasterFlex is offline Junior Member

5 Most Important Supplements

Hi all, I'm on a budget right now (just graduated and looking for work), so I can't afford all the supplements that I would normally take.

What do you think the 5 most important supplements are?

I'm not bulking right now or anything, but always, I'd like to gain some lean mass and strength.

Right now I'm thinking something like:

1. Whey
    2. Multivitamin
    3....?
    4....?
    5....?

And, then I seem to be in a tie for the next 3 slots with a ton of other supplements.

Thanks for all the help.

akali is offline Junior Member
    BCAA's in my opinion, and Omegas 3-6-9 should be in there

stpete is offline Banned
    I can add creatine and glutamine but by far the most important supplement you can use is food! A solid diet is where it all starts and without it you can take all the supplements you want but gains will be minimal.

GBR47 is offline New Member
    If you want to buy 5 diferent supps:

whey
    multi
    fish oil
    bcaas
    prewo or gluta

But I dont see the need to buy all this tbh

jpowell is offline Banned
    i think diet plays the most critical role in what supps a person buys/takes. The only supp i ever buy bsides evogen and cell kem is a whey isolate. i used to buy multi, but my piss always came out the same color as shrek, somebody told me my diet wasnt rite, and i didnt process the b vits correctly, after having an IFBB pro do my diet, nothing changed so i stopped taking and buying. I put my money in food and gear. eat/train/rest.

Catdad is offline Junior Member
    Fish oil and BCAA for sureee you can one called recoup by Dymatize that also has alot of your B's check it out.

akali is offline Junior Member
    That is solid advice, Evogen and cell kem never heard any good to look into ?

jpowell is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by akali
    That is solid advice, Evogen and cell kem never heard any good to look into ?
    Yea def. its a lil on the expensive side tho tbh. I cam get both for 100 usd. Free shipping at bodybuilding.com i havent saw it n any stores tho. But its def worth it. If u can afford.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GBR47 View Post
    If you want to buy 5 diferent supps:

whey
    multi
    fish oil
    bcaas
    creatine

But I dont see the need to buy all this tbh
    imho... fixed!

PumpMasterFlex is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    I can add creatine and glutamine but by far the most important supplement you can use is food! A solid diet is where it all starts and without it you can take all the supplements you want but gains will be minimal.
    You're absolutely right.

Thanks for all of the input everyone. I decided to just stick with the whey and multi for now--spend the rest on some lean meats and food.

Good news though: I thought the job I had in college was coming to the end, but they promoted me and hired me full-time! So, in a few weeks, I'll be able to blow more money on supplements. Haha and the past few weeks, I've been having a friend sneak me into my old college gym. Now, I can get a gym pass. Yes. YES.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know you said supplements, but make sure your main focus is your actual food. Now as long as your food is all in check, the next 5 supps I wouldn't choose..

Whey - I would find it damn hard to hit my protein grams with out it

A solid multi

Joint support omega3 and glucosamine, I understand that is 2 but you can buy joint formula with both, I don't personally, but joint formula is a must... omega3 is cheap and so is glucosamine

Bcaa's to construct my own intra (this is something I'm currently looking into doing)

Pre workout supp, I love the extra boost and many contain creatine so that's a bonus.

Any change left over? I like to always have vit c, coq10 and some zma for rest purposes.

Bevsta123 is offline Member
    Food, like a few of the members have already said, food is the most important. Supplements are there to supplement your diet (hence the name) you cant depend on supps only for your diet man

technodrome is offline Junior Member
    I don't know about your guys whey but mine and every other kind i've seen has much more then the daily recomened doses of all BCAA's and Glutimine also in it. So if your on a budget skip those ones. Your getting plenty in your whey. Read the bag.

If i'm wrong and they large doses of BCAA's and Glutimine in most whey isn't enough to sustain a guy threw his daily workouts someone let me know please. I mean maybe i should be on that stuff too.

But a bottle of glutimine for example recomeneds taking 2- 4 grams of Glutimine per day. I personally already get 16 grams of Glutimine per day from my 4 scoops of protein. I'm good... lol

And its a similar story for all your BCAA's too if you do the math....

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    this, I am guilty of regular protein/oats shake as meal repla***ent though, but its either that or eat crap from shops when Im out and about

DaveinNJ is offline New Member
    I've never been a big fan of supplements. I agree that a well balanced diet is the most important thing...after that I would spend my money on a quality protein powder but thats about it.

Thread Information