Mr Tick is offline Associate Member

Meal Replacement Shake

I am looking for a good meal replacement shake to help get my numbers in. I have found this one its expensive but has great sources of carbs. It does not use sugars to bump the carbs up and has a good source of fiber. Does anyone know of a better shake then this one? This is the best one i have found.

http://www.revolutionarynutrition.co...32&ParentCat=1

Thanks guys

Bump...
    Still looking for some help

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tick View Post
    Bump...
    Still looking for some help
    I havent used a packet meal repalcement in along time but years ago I always liked Myoplex and Met Rx.

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Look up Labrada Lean Body Meal Replacement. Taste is great and has good ingredients.

Wolv256 is offline Associate Member
    Why are you trying to replace a meal? Which meal? Carbs are usually very cheap, you're probably making it a lot more expensive doing premixed shakes. Postworkout I like 2 scoops protein powder (50 grams) and 50 grams maltodextrin and 50 grams dextrose. Those are sugars, but quick acting to replenish yourself after workout. For all your other carbs just eat oatmeal or sweet potatoes. If you wanna do another shake, sprinkle oatmeal into another protein shake.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolv256
    Why are you trying to replace a meal? Which meal? Carbs are usually very cheap, you're probably making it a lot more expensive doing premixed shakes. Postworkout I like 2 scoops protein powder (50 grams) and 50 grams maltodextrin and 50 grams dextrose. Those are sugars, but quick acting to replenish yourself after workout. For all your other carbs just eat oatmeal or sweet potatoes. If you wanna do another shake, sprinkle oatmeal into another protein shake.
    Fk that much sugar would make me sick

Wolv256 is offline Associate Member
    After a hard workout of weight training it doesn't. If you're sitting around on your couch, yes it will. Not having that much sugar after a workout will make you sick be you don't have the nutrients you need to replenish what you just lost. It's the only time of day you want sugars.

Anyone try this RTN stuff??
    I'm currently adding oats for my carbs. I am thinking about using this instead on my oats because of the multiable sources of cabs.

GluteStriations is offline New Member
    Chop up oats in a coffee grinder. Easy calories and healthy too. Grinding too much makes them terrible to sink back though. Once you get it right, it can be a cheap, and easy source of calories.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm too much of a cheap ass to buy any of that expensive stuff. I just put whey protein isolate and rolled oats in my shaker. Cheap. Filling. Complete, complex carbs. Pretty much covers all the bases. I bet all in i'm ten cents in on it. Actually, i should probably calculate it instead of guess the cost.

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    What I like to do is Blend together:
    1/2 cup whole oats
    2 scoops whey isolate
    1 banana
    and 2 cups of milk

Macros on that are: 72g Protein 80g Carbs 13g Fat
    so that's about
    729 calories if i did the math right

I love those while bulking
    especially with some stevia or splenda in there

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I'm too much of a cheap ass to buy any of that expensive stuff. I just put whey protein isolate and rolled oats in my shaker. Cheap. Filling. Complete, complex carbs. Pretty much covers all the bases. I bet all in i'm ten cents in on it. Actually, i should probably calculate it instead of guess the cost.
    I'm with ya on that one roman. I thought I was the only one slammin whole oats in my shaker

Yeah it's defiantly costly for the RTN but I was wondering if it was a lot better. I don't mind just throwing my oats in with my shake.

Side note
    If u use instant oats it blends a lot better and does not sink to the bottom of the shakes.
    I 1.5 cups to my morning shake and it blends really will. I use 1 cup 1% milk, 1 cup egg whites, 1.5 cups quick oats, 1.5 scoops of protein powder (30g P), hand full of blueberry, 2 Tbs peanut butter and some honey in there too.

I chose whole non-instant oats due the the Glycemic effect
    generally spiking your levels less than instant oatmeal

but thats just because im cutting

Dano44 is offline New Member
    Mr.T: Your oat meal/egg/ protein powder and etc. shake sounds like a good alternative for a meal. I would have to agree that the meal replacement drinks can be expensive. Either way, I am assuming that you are taking the meal replacements either to lose weight or for an additional quick meal? I noticed that you have figured that your homemade shake contains 20 grams of protein. I would be interested in finding out the number of calories and carbs?

Marcos for shake is
    Protein 75
    Carbs 120
    Fat. 33

Again this is from all the sources added. It's might be off a little due to the blueberries and PB is not exact. I use it as my breakfast meal because I don't have time to eat one. I am getting in about 4200 cals a day. This is just one of the meals I have. Because I use it as my first meal of the day at about 8 and don't eat again till about 10:30 or 11 I was wondering about adding the RTN because of the different sources of carbs.

johnnychun is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    This is what I do as well if I need extra calories for the day or am running short on time for breakfast. Sometimes I will add in yogurt, peanut butter, or egg whites as well if I need something extra. A tip - if you don't grind your oats use quick oats. If you use regular oats you'll end up chewing your shake.

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    check the recipe section of the Nutrition Forum

noon is offline Senior Member
    Hell ya rolled oats in a bean grinder makes them fine enuff to put right in my blender mix in your fav fruit low fat milk and protien and ur good to go. i mix one to start my day and then another that i pour into a bottle for mid day at work.

Thread Information