viking88 is offline Associate Member

supps with or without food

do you take supps with or without food, some websites swear you have to take it with food to absorb well, while others say you have to take it without food to absorb well

its either one way or the other you know, which one is it?

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Never had a problem with either way. What supplements in particular are you referring to??

viking88 is offline Associate Member
    zinc
    vitamin c
    fish oil
    b complex

i have some health issues which require me to have these supplements, my doc said doesnt really matter, but i cant afford to just take peoples word for it you know, i mean its either better absorbed with or without food i dont see the confusion. any medical literature on this? i just want to absorb it as best as possible

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by viking88
    zinc
    vitamin c
    fish oil
    b complex

i have some health issues which require me to have these supplements, my doc said doesnt really matter, but i cant afford to just take peoples word for it you know, i mean its either better absorbed with or without food i dont see the confusion. any medical literature on this? i just want to absorb it as best as possible
    As far as medically backing it, some claim different things like you said. I could try to pull a google for you, but at the end of the day I think you will be fine either way.

The only reason I could see taking it with food would be that some are hard on your stomach, those don't seem hard on your stomach. I have found that taking pills after my morning meal leave me with less "burping" of said pills. Hope this helps.

stpete is offline Banned
    I always take mine as soon as i get up. But breakfast comes about 1/2 hour after, and i think that helps w/possible upset stomach. This isn't fact though, just merely a guess.

johnnychun is offline New Member
    I take mine with breakfast. I've read the same about absorbing better with food, but no clue how true it is. I just find I feel sick if I take a multi-vitamin on an empty stomach.

Thread Information