Thread: Weight gainers

cmoore0589 is offline New Member

Weight gainers

So I'm currently eating alot of food everyday I drink two weight gainer shakes it is quick mass by all max each one has 80 g carbs 2 grams fat 14g sugar and 30 grams protein I drink two a day one for break fast and one post work out through out the day I also eat 4-5 meals spread out every 2-4 hours I eat pretty clean but I'm wandering if the shakes are pointless and have a lot of fillers or if I should keep up what I'm doing I have gone from 190 to 218 in around two months I have gained some fat but I still have definition in my and I really want to get big any advice or suggestions are appreciated

abstetic is offline Banned
    Okay make ur own mass gainer it's simple for me this is what I do

2 scoops of carnivore
    A cup of oats
    1 serving of peanut butter
    2 scoops of casein
    With water

Or
    2 carnivore
    2 waxy maze
    1 casein

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoore0589 View Post
    So I'm currently eating alot of food everyday I drink two weight gainer shakes it is quick mass by all max each one has 80 g carbs 2 grams fat 14g sugar and 30 grams protein I drink two a day one for break fast and one post work out through out the day I also eat 4-5 meals spread out every 2-4 hours I eat pretty clean but I'm wandering if the shakes are pointless and have a lot of fillers or if I should keep up what I'm doing I have gone from 190 to 218 in around two months I have gained some fat but I still have definition in my and I really want to get big any advice or suggestions are appreciated
    Well done on the weight gain. The only thing i could suggest is having some real food in the morning rather than a shake but keep the one post work out.

Gronkowski is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoore0589
    To be honest man, gainers are shit for you health wise, but it seems like your making some great progress so I wouldn't change what your doing. You can always make your own weight gainer shakes, there pretty easy! Just calculate the macros to match the quick mass.

See I had been doing that except with almond butter instead of peanut butter since it had slightly higher poly and mono unsaturated fats I was using Beverly proteins 80-20 casein whey but that was getting pretty expensive pretty quick should I go back to that or will the weight gainers be just as sufficient or will I just shit out everything because of the possibility of the fillers they might add for the empty calories my ultimate goal is to bulk to 240 cut back and be a lean 225 with under 10% bf you can still see my upper abs and my strength has increased significantly I would like to add some juice to my diet but ideally I should wait til I stop gaining I'm just afraid of getting fat ... But isn't that what bulking and winter is for ? I have always been really skinny and its easy for me to cut but currently I'm 6'3" 16" arms 45" chest 37" waist 16" calves and 23" thighs and weigh 218 what would you reccommend now given the extra info provided .....

Also I'm pretty broad so even though my chest is 45 it's not very thick it doesn't look like a pancake but I think I'll have to hit 50"+ to look like I have a good chest

See I had been doing that except with almond butter instead of peanut butter since it had slightly higher poly and mono unsaturated fats I was using Beverly proteins 80-20 casein whey but that was getting pretty expensive pretty quick should I go back to that or will the weight gainers be just as sufficient or will I just shit out everything because of the possibility of the fillers they might add for the empty calories my ultimate goal is to bulk to 240 cut back and be a lean 225 with under 10% bf you can still see my upper abs and my strength has increased significantly I would like to add some juice to my diet but ideally I should wait til I stop gaining I'm just afraid of getting fat ... But isn't that what bulking and winter is for ? I have always been really skinny and its easy for me to cut but currently I'm 6'3" 16" arms 45" chest 37" waist 16" calves and 23" thighs and weigh 218 what would you reccommend now given the extra info provided .....
    Keep on chasing that 240 man, once you hit that. Jump On the juice. You'll be a scary man.

Lol store bought mass gainers are crap empty cals full of fat and sugar... Buy some cheap protien isolate and make you own... Eat more complex carbs and lift heavy... Best combo for mass...

I had a buddy who was taking 20 scoops of weight gainer a day plus 4 k of food just to maintain his weight. A few scoops won't hurt you.

Thanks for the advice man I appreciate it and as far as the morning shake I eat real food about 2 hours later should I cut the morning one out completely or just eat real food first I'm using these shakes so I don't have to eat as many meals I feel bloated all the time and its hard to eat that much lol

Dam we kinda got close stats I got 15 arms 42 chest 28 waist. 22 legs 14 calves

Thanks for the advice man I appreciate it and as far as the morning shake I eat real food about 2 hours later should I cut the morning one out completely or just eat real food first I'm using these shakes so I don't have to eat as many meals I feel bloated all the time and its hard to eat that much lol
    I use the shakes in between meals to keep body anabolic ..

Yeah lol kinda close I'm just a broad dude like I said I want to be huge though idk why just personal goal I guess

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoore0589 View Post
    What I do in the morning is put oats and egg whites in a blender then add some protein powder for flavor. Blend and drink! Easy fast mass gainer if you put enough oats, and the meal is mosly from real food

Yeah lol kinda close I'm just a broad dude like I said I want to be huge though idk why just personal goal I guess
    In 5.9 170 struggling to get 16 arms lol I might be at 14.7 ish ATM lol

I never thought of that but that is real food good suggestion !

Just keep pumping man I learned the hard way that its all about the food the weight and the sleep you will get there I'm just starting out too I have always lifted and been active but I was never properly educated so I either saw shitty gains or didn't maintain them just remember in order to become a beast you must remove the weakness that is being a man

Lol thanks.. I got the fitness body I'm not really trying to be huge.. It will look weird cuz I'm 5.9 I'm trying to get aesteticly big if that makes sence basically at my biggest I wana look like Greg plitt..

I use to be the same way but as I got bigger it wasn't enough like an addiction I guess lol I just want to be bigger still

I use to be the same way but as I got bigger it wasn't enough like an addiction I guess lol I just want to be bigger still
    Lol yeah but I got a fitness model comp this spring tryna be 180 6% bf... Maby one day when I'm in my late 20s I'm gonna juice and just become massive..

eglassman88 is offline Junior Member
    Are you taking any supplements or just the weight gainer? I also take weight gainer, and I just started taking this supplement XtremeNO. It's been so far so good. If you're interested here's a review on it here http://www.bulkingdiets.com/xtremeno-review/

I'm currently taking the weight gainer protein creatine mono hydrate and assault pre work out I'm about to redo my diet since my bar and tdee have changed I have slowed down in gains with my current diet

Thread Information