sharmabrah is offline Banned

CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid).

Hey guys. I've been doing a bit of research on supplements and supplementation today and came across conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). I've been reading that "its most common use stems from its potential to aid in fat loss and increase muscle mass", something that definitely seems interesting and pleasing. Anyway, there is a medical center that notes that a typical daily dosage of CLA is 3G to 5G. I'm guessing that is the optimal range to achieve said proposed benefits. I'm planning on having 3G of CLA a day to see how it goes. I've had some mates try it out before and say it was useless but they were using really small amounts like 500MG. Would it be okay to use CLA whilst on a cycle of Anavar ? If it really is a decent supplement at a reasonable dose, then surely it would be of some benefit alongside Anavar which is known to build lean, quality muscle and promote fat loss?

Any opinions would be great, thanks.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    it wont increase muscle mass. it has been proven for fat loss however

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    it wont increase muscle mass. it has been proven for fat loss however
    Thanks mate. Would it be okay to take whilst on an Anavar cycle?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmabrah View Post
    Thanks mate. Would it be okay to take whilst on an Anavar cycle?
    sorry i wont advise on AAS to young members. thought you were going natty for as long as poss?

sorry i wont advise on AAS to young members. thought you were going natty for as long as poss?
    That's fine I understand. What made you think that? I'm a hard gainer (honestly, a true ectomorph) and I just got sick of seeing some of my mates surpass me with having shit diets and worse workouts than me - do you know how that feels when you bust your gut in the gym and have a strict diet and see hardly any progress? It's a load of ****ing shit mate and makes me feel like crap. ****ing hate lucky mesomorphs.

Blog Entries
    That's fine I understand. What made you think that? I'm a hard gainer (honestly, a true ectomorph) and I just got sick of seeing some of my mates surpass me with having shit diets and worse workouts than me - do you know how that feels when you bust your gut in the gym and have a strict diet and see hardly any progress? It's a load of ****ing shit mate and makes me feel like crap. ****ing hate lucky mesomorphs.
    when i was your age i weighed 72kgs, thats me now in that avi minus a bit of water, it wont happen over night........

when i was your age i weighed 72kgs, thats me now in that avi minus a bit of water, it wont happen over night........
    Yeah but do you not understand how shit I feel seeing my mates who eat whatever the **** they want, have shit workouts and still progress more than me? It's a load of bullshit if you ask me. You may have weighed 72KG, but I doubt you are 185CM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah but do you not understand how shit I feel seeing my mates who eat whatever the **** they want, have shit workouts and still progress more than me? It's a load of bullshit if you ask me. You may have weighed 72KG, but I doubt you are 185CM.
    5'9.

change your training, try powerlifting, you'll end up alot stronger than your mates. i'll take a fair bet you're doing the same thing week in week out.

you cant go around in life judging yourself against others, its pointless. be your own man......
    Last edited by dec11; 10-04-2012 at 04:00 AM.

5'9.

change your training, try powerlifting, you'll end up alot stronger than your mates. i'll take a fair bet you're doing the same thing week in week out.

you cant go around in life judging yourself against others, its pointless. be your own man......
    I can't deny you are right. I haven't changed my routine until recently (this week actually). It's not about being stronger, I want to be getting physically bigger and there is nothing wrong with my diet compared to most of my mates my age. I'm gonna bust my ass in the gym and do everything right in terms of nutrition and supplements and see how I go until the end of the year. I don't usually judge myself against other people, but just seeing them surpass me in the gym has made me feel kinda down man.

Blog Entries
    I can't deny you are right. I haven't changed my routine until recently (this week actually). It's not about being stronger, I want to be getting physically bigger and there is nothing wrong with my diet compared to most of my mates my age. I'm gonna bust my ass in the gym and do everything right in terms of nutrition and supplements and see how I go until the end of the year. I don't usually judge myself against other people, but just seeing them surpass me in the gym has made me feel kinda down man.
    but you say its asthetics you're mainly interested, powerlifting will eat bf off you and give a asthetics and some size, but it'll be soild, dense and strong muscle

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    CLA can be an added tool in cutting fat but don't expect any miracles as I found it pretty weak although it can aid in fat loss as long as everything else is dialed in. IMO though, save your money.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey guys. I've been doing a bit of research on supplements and supplementation today and came across conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). I've been reading that "its most common use stems from its potential to aid in fat loss and increase muscle mass", something that definitely seems interesting and pleasing. Anyway, there is a medical center that notes that a typical daily dosage of CLA is 3G to 5G. I'm guessing that is the optimal range to achieve said proposed benefits. I'm planning on having 3G of CLA a day to see how it goes. I've had some mates try it out before and say it was useless but they were using really small amounts like 500MG. Would it be okay to use CLA whilst on a cycle of Anavar ? If it really is a decent supplement at a reasonable dose, then surely it would be of some benefit alongside Anavar which is known to build lean, quality muscle and promote fat loss?

Any opinions would be great, thanks.
    I used it many years ago (EAS) and honestly wasnt impressed much at all.
    It was EXPENSIVE back then too. I gave it several months then decided the
    cost to benefit ratio didnt line up.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Isn't CLA's marketing pitch to get rid of fat around the hips and lower abs? I'm sure this is another one of Dr. Oz's bullshit schemes to convince lard-asses in to losing their money thinking it'll make them thin.

Thread Information