Squats33 is offline Associate Member

Vitamin C Can DECREASE Performance

Was just at the physician the other day, have had this guy since i was 12 and started playing sports and hes still my "family doctor" even tho im done with all sports.

Was talking about the supps I take (still havent done a cycle)

Told him about my multivitamin and then he went into a speech about how too much Vitamin C can cause poor athletic performance.

And he was talking about in excess of .2-1g of vitamin C being fine but when people get into the 1+ range.

Said hes giving a presentation on it soon.

I only posted this cause I know a lot of people in here always put down their extra supps and I just wanted to get some feedback from everyone on their opinions...

Ever heard of this?

Super-Chump is offline Associate Member
    No I've never heard of such a thing but it could be true though.

Tbh most doctors don't know shit about AAS, just my experience...

Didn't say anything to my Physician pertaining to AAS. He just started going on about Vitamin C and said flat out if I have a proper diet i shouldnt be pissing my money away

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Interesting.

I take 3-12g of vit c a day.

lol

There was a member on here years ago who did an experimental log with high doses of vit c.
    He posted studies of the benefits of it.

Ill have to see if I can find it.

As an antioxidant im sure it does wonders, but he was specifically talking about performance...

Yes. I understood the gist of your discussion.

The guys log was about all aspects of Vit c.

Immune system, cortisol suppression, athletic performance, etc.

That would be a good one to find, would love to read it

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I've met a lot of doctors who suffer from know it all syndrome and want to chime in on things they dont know shit about. If your thing is removing dark moles hook me up but don't try to tell me all the dangers of xyz. Your doctor if he is going to give a lecture on it may have data or testimonials to support his thesis so its very possible. Just remember its not a doctor's job to make sure you live your best possible quality of life. Their function is to treat whatever ailment you suffer from without getting sued.

I am very fascinated by the function of antioxidants in the human body. I would love for the government or a medical body to do a controlled study of a large group of people with one group consuming a super dose of antioxidants on a regular basis and the other consuming whatever they were before. I suspect we should all throw our canned and packaged foods out. I also suspect we should be consuming fruit, cocoa, tea, coffee and vegetables every day to prevent cancer. I would love for there to be definitive, undeniable, in your face proof one way or the other that nutrient antioxidant rich foods can save your life.

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    check under educational threads. i remember reading it. he took like 30g a day

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    To much of anything is a bad thing! Just don't take Vitamin C in excess...I would suggest 2-3, 500mg doses of Vit. C per day. I use to take 3-5g per day in hopes it would suppress cortisol levels, but I feel this is overated and I feel better at only 1g per day. I've also read that excess vit. c intake can lead to more muscle soreness especially when taken pwo (sorry I didn't post this article, can't find it).

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    To much of anything is a bad thing! Just don't take Vitamin C in excess...I would suggest 2-3, 500mg doses of Vit. C per day. I use to take 3-5g per day in hopes it would suppress cortisol levels, but I feel this is overated and I feel better at only 1g per day. I've also read that excess vit. c intake can lead to more muscle soreness especially when taken pwo (sorry I didn't post this article, can't find it).
    Thats what my Sports Physician was getting at. Hes a sports guy by nature, and I just use him for everything that is wrong with me. WHen I was broken he fixed me, so I respect the guys knowledge. But basically he was saying more than 1G of vitamin C can hurt athletic performance, sounds vague but i guess lets say if youre a powerlifter, you will lift less weight?

if you are a pitcher you will throw slower?

Weird right?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    Interesting.

I take 3-12g of vit c a day.

lol

There was a member on here years ago who did an experimental log with high doses of vit c.
    He posted studies of the benefits of it.

Ill have to see if I can find it.
    you are right, i think i may have been the last one to post in it

Ive been searching and still cannot find this

Quote Originally Posted by Jsquat1 View Post
    Ive been searching and still cannot find this
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=#.UIgQlm_WIVQ

Dude took a lot of Vitamin C....

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The liver needs about 3 grams a day to produce its normal functioning

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There are (apparently) a few studies ongoing looking at multivitamins and athletic performance as well as the interaction of OTC supps on AAS agents. Several groups academics are looking into how supplements such as vitamin C, magnesium, A, etc may support or suppress the effects of anabolics. The studies are unpublished yet and I haven't heard of any preliminary findings. Another member on here and I have had a very brief and general discussion on the topic.

From my professional experience, I can attest to the interactions between many OTC supps and pharmacological therapies. Often patients see these OTC products as safe and for the most part, harmless, but that can be far from the truth in many situations. I can't speak to the effects of OTC supps on athletic performance or the intrxns between supps and AASs, but I do know that among cancer patients there are many OTC supps that we will restrict or ask patients to avoid while being treated with chemotherapy or targeted therapies as these OTC products can impair the efficacy of treatment strategies.

A similar interaction (suppression/augmentation) between OTC supps and AASs would not come as a surprise to me although I don't have data or knowledge to speak on that topic per se - but it is of great personal interest.

**Thanks for reposting the vitamin C thread!**

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    Interesting, never heard of this before

VitC worked well for me to combat lethargy during my SD and M1T cycles. I found my sweet spot to be at 9g/day. It also has helped when I feel an oncoming cold, pop 6g/day for a few days and voila no cold. The pills SUCK to swallow though...they're the size of a goddamn porkchop ><

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsquat1 View Post
    Thats what my Sports Physician was getting at. Hes a sports guy by nature, and I just use him for everything that is wrong with me. WHen I was broken he fixed me, so I respect the guys knowledge. But basically he was saying more than 1G of vitamin C can hurt athletic performance, sounds vague but i guess lets say if youre a powerlifter, you will lift less weight?

if you are a pitcher you will throw slower?

Weird right?
    Well I'm not sure it works exactly like that but from what I understood is that it can lead to more muscle soreness, thus would effect performance the following workout or althletic event.

Thread Information