Pectorial is offline Associate Member

Which supplements are scientifically proven to work or not??

Very interesting this..

http://www.informationisbeautiful.ne...l-supplements/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work.jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	128404

Glad i drink loads of green tea and take my fish oils.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which supplements are scientifically proven to work or not??-615872_485932974761644_1463559832_o.jpg  

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Creatine
    Fish oil
    Whey Isolate
    Multi
    MSM

for me, this is the minimum

well by the looks of things all those you listed are scientifically proven to work.

was surprised to see flaxseed, evening primrose at the bottom of the list like and vitamin a and b

i swear by

whey protein
    fish oil caps
    multi vits
    creatine

I used to take alot of taurine, but like tha pic shows its not really scientifically proven to work, ive read this though. It does seem to work for back pumps though ill admit. I know alot of guys that use alot of glutamine but i read its not very effective unless you inject it. ;-S

im sure someone will give me a heads up on it though, on here :-)

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    There's a few things on their that are completely different and proven when injected. As for some of the others, you can't treat all studies as doctrine, and have to look at the context in which the study was taken. I swear by creatine. That is about it. Whey protein is nice and convenient, but I could have just as good of results without it. same with vitamins and fish oils, if your diet is in check, they don't become that advantageous. And yes creatine is in red meat, but you won't reach saturation and maintain it from diet alone. One could argue you won't be able to eat adequate amounts of certain vitamins or nutrients, but they likely don't have as powerful or noticeable results like creatine does.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Fish oil/Krill oil

Xty
    Xty is offline New Member
    Here's my favorite site summarizing studies for pretty much every supplement you can think of: examine dot com . I love the "Human Clinical Trials" sections of each supplement.

From what I gather, fish oil, creatine, multi-vitamins, and bcaa's are solid supps to take.

Doont-Hunter is offline Banned
    My favourites are whey protein, flaxseed oil, creatine, multivitamins and BCAA's. I could also add glutamine in there but the one's I listed I feel are the minimum to help with your gains/progress.

Wolv256 is offline Associate Member
    A lot of the "supplements" like creatine, glutamine, etc... are in food and part of a healthy diet. So if you get enough from your diet, your don't need more. If you don't, it helps to supplement them. They are scientifically proven to be beneficial to be taken at the right levels, but how you get those levels through food or supplements doesn't matter. So on days your diet is crap, be sure to take them, on days you pound 2 pounds of chicken breast, you may not need them as much.

Thread Information