6Damn6Ram6 is offline New Member

NAKED fruit protein smoothie, good protein shake?

I would like some thoughts on this drink. recently found this drink at a local store by a company is called "Naked". The drink is "protein zone double berry.

This is whats in it...
    420 calories
    65g of carbohydrates from the fruit
    6 strawberrys
    5 blueberrys
    1 banana
    3 apples
    30g of whey and soy isolate protein

My question is about my diet and this use of soy protein isolate found in this drink. What if i used this in between meals ONCE a day? What are the affects of soy isolate and muscle building? You can find 100 articles saying that its crap and the info is backed by scientific study and you can just as easily find 100 more articles saying that its beneficial in muscle building and THAT is backed by scientific studys lol. so then who's lying!?!? they both cant be right.

What are your thoughts of including this drink a long with my usual high protein diet of beef and chicken everyday? That way i have different proteins throughout the day. The reason i suggest it is because it is said soy has other benefits such as it being rich in amino acids and glutamine. So why not add it to my diet? Your thoughts everyone?

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    if your bulking it's ok i guess.. i wouldn't drink it if trying to cut tho, too much sugars..

as for your whey vs soy question.. idk, good question tho..

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    The 65 grams of carbs is probably not just from the fruit. I'm sure there is a lot of added sugar.
    If you want different protein source buy some casein powder or soy powder, its still gonna be cheaper than those drinks.
    Last edited by Armykid93; 12-24-2012 at 09:10 AM.

6Damn6Ram6 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    The 65 grams of carbs is probably not just from the fruit. I'm sure there is a lot of added sugar.
    If you want different protein source buy some casein powder or soy powder, its still gonna be cheaper than those drinks.
    Your right, they cost about 4 dollars lol. But it raised the question about the soy. So many conflicting arguments and scientific studys made me wonder if there was anyone out there who experimented on it themselves, ya know?

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6Damn6Ram6 View Post

Your right, they cost about 4 dollars lol. But it raised the question about the soy. So many conflicting arguments and scientific studys made me wonder if there was anyone out there who experimented on it themselves, ya know?
    There's lots of conflicting arguments about soy and estrogen. I think its fine as long a your not eating it all the time. Maybe just stick to whey and casein if it worries you.

Thread Information