[ant]83 is offline New Member

Protein/Creatine Shakes

hey i usually take my protein with some sort of chocolate milk to give it some flavour, and i take my creatine monohydrate with a bit of cordial and sugar for glucose.....

i was wondering is it any good making a milk shake with protein and creatine powder mixed into it?

Does creatine have to be taken with some sort of glucose for best results and is taking creatine with milk a bad mixture?

Any feedback would be good guys.
    Thanks =)

Innervision is offline Associate Member
    Mixing creatine and protein in a shake is fine. I prefer water but it's a personal choice. Secondly it seems almost ironic that you mix protein with choclate milk? That to me seems like chasing a diet pill with a donut, but hey whatever works.

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    with your chocolate milk, 27g sugar/8oz will be enough sugar for the creatine to properly absorb if you do about 20 oz, also 20oz milk will give you another 20g milk protien which is the second best type of protein

yellows2k is offline Member
    dairy protein is slow absorbing which defeats the purpose of it post workout with the creatine, along with the extra fat in chocolate milk

milk is a poor choice post workout which i assume is where u are talking about with the protein shakes since u mention creatine

why dont u use water, protein, creatine, and dextrose post workout and use the milk during other times?

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i think yellows said it best

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    when did he say that this was a post workout shake????

[ant]83 is offline New Member
    hey guys, i take protein and ceratine because i want 2 bulk up a bit so im not really concerned aout putting on a few kilos (thats why im not fussed buot taking the chocolate milk with the protein shake =P

but anywayz im asking abuot taking protein and creatine in general.. is it allrite to mix them both together whether it be pre or post workout? or am i not getting the best results this way?

By the way ive been getting a few stomach cramps since taking creatine, aswell as feeling like vomitting during/after a workout. Is this an indication that im not drinking enough water and my body is dehydrating ?

thanks guys =)

yellows2k is offline Member
    Originally posted by withoutd0ubt
    when did he say that this was a post workout shake????
    Maybe this is me, but I only take creatine post workout, and sometimes ONLY creatine preworkout

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that creatine should be taken ALONE. Apparently it needs an empty stomach to be fully absorbed/utilized properly.

Because of this I take creatine at the end of workout then protein shake 15-30min later.

flexgolf is offline Member
    i started taking pure creatine in my protein, post workout and during the day. i dont add any sugar, which i probly should, but vie been getting noticably larger pumps so i think mixing creatine with protein its perfectly fine. make sure u take a bunch post workout.

Thread Information