backcountryrider is offline Junior Member

L Arginine dizzy in the gym.

I been taking L Arginine the last week now, I was wondering if anyone has found some real benefits from it?

I trained Delts Tri's and Bi's today. Third set into my tri's workout, my tri's felt like they where going to blow up, ther pump was so intense it freaked me out. I had never felt my skin so tight on my arm before, I ran outside to cool down because i thought I popped a blood vessel or something. I have good pump before but this was making my skin shiny. I also noticed I felt really light headed and dizzy, entire body felt warm. I don't think I'll do Arginine any more but I hear it's actually a healthy supplement.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Arginine is a vasodilator, meaning it widens your blood vessels and as the inevitable results, blood pressure decreases.

People with LBP often feel dizzy, as this is a very typical symptom of having LBP.

However, there could be a number of reasons why you felt dizzy at the gym. We don't even know for sure that there is a direct correlation between you feeling dizzy at the gym and the fact that you supplemented with L. Arginine.

Are you taking a pure form of L. Arginine or does it come in a form of supplement which also includes a secondary compound?

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just picked up some l arg with ornithine and one with citrulline.
    I've always just went with regular l arg, any benefit to having it mixed with the other two aminos?

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    I just picked up some l arg with ornithine and one with citrulline.
    I've always just went with regular l arg, any benefit to having it mixed with the other two aminos?
    IIRC ornthinine helps with the absorption of arginine in the intestine. Citrulline serves the same purpose as arginine (vasodialator) and is supposed to have a much better absorption rate than arginine/ornthinine.

Arginine/cirtruline combo should be pretty effective!

Thread Information