austin2012 is offline Junior Member

Question Bulking Cycle (Both review and some questions I have)

Hey guys,
    I am interested in some recommendations for supplements (no AAS at this time), for gaining lean muscle mass. I have a review of my results with Kre-Alkalyn and Beta Alanine thus far.

Kre Alkalyn:
    Added 1 inch to chest
    Added 1 inch to biceps
    bench increased from 320-325

Beta Alanine:
    No bench increase as of yet, although much more energy and greater focus

My questions and concerns:
    I am currently cycling off the Kre-Alkalyn for 4 weeks. During this time I would like some recommendations for supplements which members have used which are good for increasing lean muscle mass in combination with weights and standard workouts.

My workout (every night)
    50 legs up crunches
    50 clamshell crunches
    50 bicycle crunches
    50 pushups w/ push up disks
    50 legs up crunches again
    2 x 50 push ups
    100 crunches
    25 push ups with push up disks

Weights 2 times/ week:
    bench x8 reps 225
    x3 reps 275
    x2 reps 295
    x1 rep 315
    x1 rep 325

4 sets of 10 40 lb concentrations on each arm

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    Aside from creatine, I dont think theres anything else that will help you out.

You say you want to gain some lean mass, hows your diet look? Also, do you only train weights with bench?

I have had a solid diet for several years now, and attempt to eat approx. 150g protein (at least) per day, very low saturated fats and fats in general, and heavy carbs.

Would DHEA be helpful? Or potentially a prohormone? (considered Epistane)
    I am inquiring because for someone who weighs 190 pounds and benches 325, I feel my genetic potential may not be far off.

Quote Originally Posted by austin2012 View Post
    I have had a solid diet for several years now, and attempt to eat approx. 150g protein (at least) per day, very low saturated fats and fats in general, and heavy carbs.

Would DHEA be helpful? Or potentially a prohormone? (considered Epistane)
    I am inquiring because for someone who weighs 190 pounds and benches 325, I feel my genetic potential may not be far off.
    150g is on the light side for someone your weight. How tall/old are you?

Also do you only train on bench? Or do you incorporate resistance training with the rest of your body (aside from pushups/situps you posted about)?

I am 20 years old, and 5 foot 10.
    As far as weight training, I do the benching as discussed but also do concentration curls (4 sets of 10 reps w/ 40/lb dumbells each arm)

I am 20 years old, and 5 foot 10.
    As far as weight training, I do the benching as discussed but also do concentration curls (4 sets of 10 reps w/ 40/lb dumbells each arm)
    At 20 your natty test levels are THROUGH the roof right now..DHEA or designer roids would cause more long term harm than good.

325 bench is impressive for someone your age, but why dont you utilize strength/resistance training for the rest of your body (squats, deadlifts, military press etc)? Neglecting the rest of your body does not make sense to me, even if improving your bench is your only goal in mind, as strengthening your other lifts will assist in improving your bench (yes even squats, crazy right?).

At 20, I doubt you have had a solid 'diet' for years (not intending as a put down or flame, but I was 20 once too! My views on a proper diet then and now are 180degrees apart). It seems like you've made good progress in your weight and bench strength, now if you could get a solid full body training routine and 'proper' diet down, the sky's the limit man...would you mind posting down your typical caloric intake for the day and we'll start there. Ready, set, go.
    Last edited by bcaasdirty; 02-01-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Sorry for the wait, didnt see the post until now.
    I would say I eat at least 2,000 calories per day.

For example, a typical breakfast alone for me consists of 2 muffins, a large portion of scrambled eggs, any diet beverage, and yogurt with granola.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Sorry for the wait, didnt see the post until now.
    I would say I eat at least 2,000 calories per day.

For example, a typical breakfast alone for me consists of 2 muffins, a large portion of scrambled eggs, any diet beverage, and yogurt with granola.
    You need to post up your entire diet dude . Btw muffins and diet drinks don't really belong in a serious diet. Post up the entire thing for review and we can set you straight, not flaming you but from seeing your breakfast you really need some help when it comes to nutrition.

Fair enough.

Supplements:
    Kre-Alkalyn 2 capsules pre-workout, 1 post workout
    Beta Alanine- 1 scoop pre-workout, 1 post workout

Protein;
    6 Star nutrition Whey Protein
    BCAAs (glutamine, taurine, etc.)

The main issue regarding posting a diet is that my food consumption will vary daily, as I am currently in college (Albion) and the food is, essentially, barely better than eating road salt mixed with dirt. Usually dinner for me will consist of a plate of hard boiled egg shreds, chicken or hamburger, and granola w/ yogurt again.
    I typically do not each lunch, but will usually have a fruit smoothie mid-day.

Ahhh I see. So basically your trying to make due with what you have. That's totally understandable but id start drinking water or milk for breakfast haha. That will save you money anyways, water at least, hopefully allowing you to purchase even more quality food.

Supps look decent to. Although why next to BCAAs do you have glutamine and taurine? Apologies i'm just not understanding.

Should I cycle off the creatine for 4 weeks as is supposedly the recommendation with it or no?

I never cycled my creatine and I've always been fine. I don't think there's a need to cycle it

Ok, in that case Im ordering another tub and I think I will increase the dosage. I was taking 2 pills of Kre Alkalyn pre-workout and1 pill post workout. I want to increase that to an even 2 and 2. (That would be around 6g creatine)

Additionally Im considering ordering T-Bomb II. Supposedly this supplement is the best natural testosterone and anti-estrogen on the market. Do you know anything about it ?

I don't know much about that supplement but I can tell you 99% of "natural test boosters" are garbage, 6g of creatine is a great amount.

Additionally Im considering ordering T-Bomb II. Supposedly this supplement is the best natural testosterone and anti-estrogen on the market. Do you know anything about it ?
    at your age natty test boosters would be a waste of $$

Any reason as to why you only resistance train with chest and biceps?

Quote Originally Posted by bcaasdirty View Post

at your age natty test boosters would be a waste of $$

Any reason as to why you only resistance train with chest and biceps?
    Do you think natty test boosters help older dudes at all? I thought they were altogether garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Do you think natty test boosters help older dudes at all? I thought they were altogether garbage
    good catch AK...ANY AGE...when I get of 'the age' you betcha ass I'm hoppin on TRT

Quote Originally Posted by bcaasdirty View Post

good catch AK...ANY AGE...when I get of 'the age' you betcha ass I'm hoppin on TRT
    Lol aren't we all. I can't wait for trt

Thread Information