Thread: Glutamine?

omegabrite is offline New Member

Glutamine?

I have been told by a few gym buddies that it would be a good idea to supplement with glutamine after every workout.

I already ingest between 150-200 grams of protein everyday just from my diet (meaning without protein powder) and I know that a large part of this protein must be glutamine so I'm not sure if it is something I should do.

What are y'all s opinions?

AaronJM1984 is offline Member
    It can't hurt. I've read some studies that say glutamine is only beneficial at 20g-30g, which would be so expensive. I take between 5g-10g a day, feel like my recovery is faster. Maybe just a placebo effect.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabrite View Post
    I have been told by a few gym buddies that it would be a good idea to supplement with glutamine after every workout.

I already ingest between 150-200 grams of protein everyday just from my diet (meaning without protein powder) and I know that a large part of this protein must be glutamine so I'm not sure if it is something I should do.

Does your lable on the protein product your using list glutamine content?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Show me a single study that explains the delivery mechanism of L. Glutamine and I'll apologize to the supplement industry in person for calling it BS.

Eat food.

RescuesPitbulls is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabrite View Post

Most of the glutamine you take in orally will be used up by your intestines. Stick to more protein.

riotz0r is offline Associate Member
    Not a bad idea to add Glutamine and BCAAs to your post workout shake in powder form. They are both relatively inexpensive and will help with muscle recovery...

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riotz0r View Post
    Not a bad idea to add Glutamine and BCAAs to your post workout shake in powder form. They are both relatively inexpensive and will help with muscle recovery...
    How about taking the fact that these amino acids are already abundant in anyone's PWO shake into consideration before parroting?

Antonious is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Glutamine isn't worth the money

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post

How about taking the fact that these amino acids are already abundant in anyone's PWO shake into consideration before parroting?
    X100

There are generally a ton of BCAAs and glutamine in even crappy protein powders.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Garbage, spend the $ on sauce or food.

I spent more money on supps back when I started lifting than I do on juice now. It's such a fvcking joke. The supplement industry make billions of dollars selling total shit.

Closest supplement to working is creatine. & that is also debatable at times depending on your creatine levels.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Glutamine is about 2-3 times more expensive than Creatine.

Only supps I use are creatine and whey powders.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Get heartburn or digestive distress when running tren ? Take 30g of glutamine spread out in 3 10mg doses and tell me how it goes. I have touted glutamine as useless for years....if you suffer from the above with tren - try it. I have my theories as to why but until i gather data to support them it isnt prudent or responsible to claim it as factual information.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Glutamine does'nt make it into the bloodstream anyway, when taken orally the stomach uses it for healing. (this is good) but if you are taking it for building muscle, it is useless.The only way to get it into the bloodstream,would be to inject it.
    If you are getting adequate amounts of protein in your diet, you shouldn't need amino acid sups anyway, BCAA and glutamine and other amino sups can't compete with adequate dietary protein intake IMHO.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm back on the glutamine to reduce lactic acid buildup. it seems to be helping

Antonious is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Glutamine is about 2-3 times more expensive than Creatine.

Only supps I use are creatine and whey powders.
    Creatine made a huge difference for me, more than i expected

Thread Information