Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member

How much is too much?

I currently use pro7ien protein shake 3 to 4 times a day one when I wake one after workout with 2 scoops of muscle fusion also pre workout no xp3 sometime bcaa sport pre and post workout usually post tho and protein again at night and I work different muscle groups and at the gym everyday almost can get enough I'm starting to feel addicted to going at this point can't get enough is this over doing it with training or supplements ?

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    3-4 shakes a day is too much.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    X100

You need to be consuming all your macros in real food. Use shakes to give yourself extra. That's when they will be most effective.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes 3-4 shakes is too much, but it better than eating candy bars lol. ever not wash your glass/cup thoroughly after u have had a shake? that shit is hard to wash off? So even though its an easy digestible way to receive protein it can't be all that good for you. Keep it to 2 a day.....yes they do taste good, especially with a banana thrown into a blender.

I guess my next question is then Why on every bottle of protein does it recommend 3 shakes daily? And on the question of macros any suggestions in how to consume them without eating a bunch ?

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707
    I guess my next question is then Why on every bottle of protein does it recommend 3 shakes daily? And on the question of macros any suggestions in how to consume them without eating a bunch ?
    To sell more! Lol

Gitta eat to get big

-Chomp Chomp Chomp-Clink Clink Clink-

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707 View Post
    I currently use pro7ien protein shake 3 to 4 times a day one when I wake one after workout with 2 scoops of muscle fusion also pre workout no xp3 sometime bcaa sport pre and post workout usually post tho and protein again at night and I work different muscle groups and at the gym everyday almost can get enough I'm starting to feel addicted to going at this point can't get enough is this over doing it with training or supplements ?
    the age old debate of how much is too much!

Economically -
    100% whey isolate is about a buck a scoop, and large AA eggs are about a dime a piece. You know you are consuming too much protein powder when, after having just purchased 5 lbs, your son tells you "we're out of protein powder again dad!" and you are thinking "Damn! That was a quick $50!!"

Digestively -
    You know you are consuming too much protein powder when your body begins developing noxious putrid gas and no one in the house wants to be by you.

Nutritionally -
    Ideally, you should receive most of your nutrition/macros from whole foods. However, that is not always practical, and protein powder is a great way to fill in the gaps. Many will eat their three main meals, and then hit a protein powder shake with some oats between meals as the need arises.

Yea I eat and eat a lot actually I'm 190 and 5'10 so I'm not small by any means but pro7ien is isolate complex also so body absorbs it very well also has all the bcaas i need also my veggie intake is not the best I try v8 vfusion to combat that

Yea I eat and eat a lot actually I'm 190 and 5'10 so I'm not small by any means but pro7ien is isolate complex also so body absorbs it very well also has all the bcaas i need also my veggie intake is not the best I try v8 vfusion to combat that
    forget the expensive V8 infusion!

my son has the blender out, and blends (not juices) a variety of veggies, mostly the green leafy types, and he and i drink a thick glass a day.

V8 is predominantly tomato juice. tomato is fruit, not veggie, and has a lot of sugar in it. as veggie drinks go, it's rather poor if you ask me.

Not that v8 vfusion is fruit and veggie juice 8oz is a full serving of fruit and veggies

Not that v8 vfusion is fruit and veggie juice 8oz is a full serving of fruit and veggies
    ...and it says so right on the label, right? =)

so what EXACTLY is a "full serving" and how much vegatables does that represent?

remember, tomatos are NOT veggies.

anyways, I looked it up, and you get 1/2 cup veggies and 1/2 cup fruit per 8oz

but... you also get 36grams of SUGAR with that too

...and NO fiber!

all in all, not very impressive if this is your main source of veggies?

True true but also not the only source just a little easy help what kind of blender do u use my regular blender makes chunky shakes not very easy to chug down

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    I use Breville juicer. My grandparents and parents have garden every year. We make and can a lot of juice.

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    the age old debate of how much is too much!

Economically -
    100% whey isolate is about a buck a scoop, and large AA eggs are about a dime a piece. You know you are consuming too much protein powder when, after having just purchased 5 lbs, your son tells you "we're out of protein powder again dad!" and you are thinking "Damn! That was a quick $50!!"

Digestively -
    You know you are consuming too much protein powder when your body begins developing noxious putrid gas and no one in the house wants to be by you.

Nutritionally -
    Ideally, you should receive most of your nutrition/macros from whole foods. However, that is not always practical, and protein powder is a great way to fill in the gaps. Many will eat their three main meals, and then hit a protein powder shake with some oats between meals as the need arises.
    My whey protein isolate works out to $0.026 per gram of protein. My 18-pack of eggs costs about $3.99, so that works out to be $0.037 per gram of protein. Therefore from a per gram of protein basis, whey isolate can be cheaper. Your other two points are great though.

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    forget the expensive V8 infusion!

my son has the blender out, and blends (not juices) a variety of veggies, mostly the green leafy types, and he and i drink a thick glass a day.

V8 is predominantly tomato juice. tomato is fruit, not veggie, and has a lot of sugar in it. as veggie drinks go, it's rather poor if you ask me.
    God, I feel like an asshole. I promise I am not targeting you Times, and I am sure you are much more knowledgable than I am on nutrition and bodybuilding. This is just a huge pet peeve of mine. Many people like to cite "tomatoes are a fruit, not a vegetable"; but in reality, there is no such thing as a "vegetable" in the field of botany. Many "vegetables" are fruits, not just tomatoes, e.g. chili peppers, cucumbers, egg plant, etc. Other "vegetables" like carrots, beets, and radishes are roots. Technically, pineapples are a "multiple fruit." When you eat a pineapple, you are eating several different "fruits." Legally, the United States government has ruled tomatoes as a vegetable. "Vegetable" is just a cultural term; hence in order to remain objective and keep the term "vegetable," I think any plant product that is not sweet is a "vegetable." Otherwise, the term "vegetable" should never be used; and people would have to use the technical terms for all produce.

Thread Information