brazuka is offline Associate Member

Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 Post Workout?

Just picked up a 5lb tub of this, was previously using ON's Gold Standard Whey. I guess this tub of Dymatize has 7 different protein blends, so wouldn't straight whey protein be better for post workout for faster absorption? I think I picked out the wrong tub -_____-

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes, DN Fusion 7 has 7 different protein blends, which is a rather marketing oriented product. Ingesting 7 different protein sources at once is basically useless, unlike what any producer may claim. It is a marketing oriented product.

You would be better off with their ISO-100, which is straight isolated whey protein.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nothing wrong with consuming faster (whey) and slower (casein) forms of protein in your pwo shake. I personally use a blend of 50/50 whey/casein ON gold standard (rocky road is the bomb)!

^^^ It is not about whether there is anything right or wrong about PWO shake consisting of slow or fast protein; the price that producers often charge for ''fusion'' blends is significantly higher than straight whey. There is nothing magical about blending 7 different proteins in one product. Moreover, the chances of the user responding badly to one of these protein types (I am allergic to albumin, for instance - and this is exactly how I learned) is highly increased with these blends.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 05-07-2013 at 08:29 AM.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Turkish. Price for pure Whey is cheaper than bleands. Plus some people don't respond well to different types of proteins. With a protein blend you are paying more and if you have reaction to it then you are throwing away money.

However, Whey protein is not better than taking in a protein blend. There are different types of protein, each with their own, unique properties and benefits. Don't limit the potential benefits that you can get from other proteins by focusing all of your attention on only drinking whey protein drinks. Protein intake should include a protein blend that contains several, muscle building proteins. You wouldn't settle for just one vitamin in your diet, so don't settle for getting all of your muscle building protein from one type of protein product or food.

brazuka is offline Associate Member
    Wow great answers. Thank you very much guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    ^^^ It is not about whether there is anything right or wrong about PWO shake consisting of slow or fast protein; the price that producers often charge for ''fusion'' blends is significantly higher than straight whey. There is nothing magical about blending 7 different proteins in one product. Moreover, the chances of the user responding badly to one of these protein types (I am allergic to albumin, for instance - and this is exactly how I learned) is highly increased with these blends.
    I understand your logic and good point. I knew my body could handle both whey and casein as I had used them both separately before extensively. I buy both whey and casein seperately then combine a 50:50 ratio myself...cheaper this way. You see when I was using straight whey I was hungry 30 mins after my shake...now that I use my custom blend I'm fuller longer, but not to full as I eat a solid based meal an hour after my pwo shake.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    I understand your logic and good point. I knew my body could handle both whey and casein as I had used them both separately before extensively. I buy both whey and casein seperately then combine a 50:50 ratio myself...cheaper this way. You see when I was using straight whey I was hungry 30 mins after my shake...now that I use my custom blend I'm fuller longer, but not to full as I eat a solid based meal an hour after my pwo shake.
    I hear you.

I have lactose intolerance and cannot do Casein, but I have tried the same blend ratio in the past and feeling of fullness is definitely a plus for those who are in need of it.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    check out truenutrition.com you can blend your own and even add in supplements. I am lactose intolerant and have been doing a egg/pea protein blend though I have been off of protein for some good 3 months now. Haven't seen an advantage with how well I've been eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    I hear you.

I have lactose intolerance and cannot do Casein, but I have tried the same blend ratio in the past and feeling of fullness is definitely a plus for those who are in need of it.
    Yeah some of my friends are lactose intolerant and can't do casein...I feel for you guys. Not the end of the world though! lol

CHUDmac is offline Junior Member
    I used to do Elite Fusion 7 until my friend pointed out it might not be the best choice for a post-workout drink. He recommended 20g whey prior to workout and 40g whey post-workout. I have done that and have gotten better results. The only time I reach for casein is before I lay down for the night.

Thread Information