Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    ArmWrestler Dude is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32

    Russian bear 5000?

    I'm wondering if anybody else has tried this stuff. Been drinking it since October, 2012, and gained nearly 30 pounds. The only change in my diet was adding the Russian Bear 5000. This was before I started the cypionate cycle. Now that i'm eating more, it really helps with getting a lot of extra calories on top of the food i'm eating. 1000 per serving (that's 1/5 of their 5000 calorie serving recommended on the tub / 5 scoops with a gallon of milk!). i just cut their serving in fifths. 1 scoop instead of 5, and 1/5 gallon of milk makes a 1000 calorie shake. Tons of protein and carbs, as well as the deer antler powder for those who are into that.

    I know it's probably got some not-so-good stuff in there, but that's life.

    I enjoy it and it's worked for me.

  2. #2
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    No. Disgusting. lol.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  3. #3
    basketballfan22's Avatar
    basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Colorado.
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    No. Disgusting. lol.
    Lmao. We just talked about this a few days ago (http://forums.steroid.com/supplement...-products.html).
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 06-05-2013 at 03:22 PM.

  4. #4
    MuscleInk's Avatar
    MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A rock & a hard place
    Posts
    13,449
    This is complete crap. You'd be better off putting your money into food that will lead to real muscle gains not fat gains.

    Don't fall for the marketing crap. Educate yourself on this product and make a better informed decision on your health and fitness.

    I would never recommend this garbage to anyone.

  5. #5
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    This is complete crap. You'd be better off putting your money into food that will lead to real muscle gains not fat gains.

    Don't fall for the marketing crap. Educate yourself on this product and make a better informed decision on your health and fitness.

    I would never recommend this garbage to anyone.
    Well said. And agree.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  6. #6
    ArmWrestler Dude is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32
    thanks for the feedback everyone. i respect your opinions and will shop around for a possible alternative. my fridge and freezer are packed with great foods which i enjoy on the daily. this stuff (rb5000) has just helped me with the excess calories that i wanted to take in.

  7. #7
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    It's just a bit of whey and a shitload of maltodextrin. Nearly any food would be better than that.

  8. #8
    ArmWrestler Dude is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    It's just a bit of whey and a shitload of maltodextrin. Nearly any food would be better than that.
    yep. just googled maltodextrin and found out it has some awesome benefits! just kidding, of course.
    dude check out these sides - "The consumption of maltodextrin has similar side effects and health risks as most food additives. These side effects include allergic reactions, unexplained weight gain, bloating and flatulence. Specific allergic reactions associated with the use of maltodextrin include rash, asthma, itching and difficulty breathing. If you experience any allergic reaction or other side effect after consuming maltodextrin, you should discontinue use and consult with a medical professional."

    i can honestly attest to experiencing 2 of the sides listed, but wasn't aware of where they originated. needless to say i am going to discontinue use.
    although i feel silly and overly humbled, i want to say a big thanks to you all for bringing down the hammer of truth. i'm an idiot for assuming it was safe. there is no oversight for these products. i need to be more vigilant in the future.

  9. #9
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmWrestler Dude View Post
    yep. just googled maltodextrin and found out it has some awesome benefits! just kidding, of course.
    dude check out these sides - "The consumption of maltodextrin has similar side effects and health risks as most food additives. These side effects include allergic reactions, unexplained weight gain, bloating and flatulence. Specific allergic reactions associated with the use of maltodextrin include rash, asthma, itching and difficulty breathing. If you experience any allergic reaction or other side effect after consuming maltodextrin, you should discontinue use and consult with a medical professional."

    i can honestly attest to experiencing 2 of the sides listed, but wasn't aware of where they originated. needless to say i am going to discontinue use.
    although i feel silly and overly humbled, i want to say a big thanks to you all for bringing down the hammer of truth. i'm an idiot for assuming it was safe. there is no oversight for these products. i need to be more vigilant in the future.
    The same could be said of many foods (allergies and the like). It isn't dangerous, just a shitty source of nutrition. Use the USDA food pyramid and guidelines to put together something far better (just increase the protein to 1-1.5g per lb of LBM and consider lowering the carbs).

  10. #10
    Rusty11's Avatar
    Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,707
    I was browsing at a vitamin shop last week, saw this product, looked at the label/ingredients/recommended serving, fell over backwards, and wondered who would buy this. Now I know.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    I was browsing at a vitamin shop last week, saw this product, looked at the label/ingredients/recommended serving, fell over backwards, and wondered who would buy this. Now I know.
    weve all bought some sort of crap at one poimt or another. I sure as hell wasnt born a guru and im pretty damn sure ill never know everything about supps.

    Ill simple follow austenite...

    Everywhere.

    With a camera.

    And binocculars


    Muah hahahaha ;-)

  12. #12
    Rusty11's Avatar
    Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,707
    ^^^Hope you have a large bank account.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    1,355
    Not anymore!!! haha

  14. #14
    tigerspawn's Avatar
    tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    No. Disgusting. lol.
    isn't that the stuff you are always making funof. LOL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •