Thread: Protein Debate

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!

Protein Debate

What's goin' on folks. This is the deal, me and my younger bro just got into a long discussion about my protein intake. He's a nutritionist and he says that it's way too much, 1 I don't need that much and I'm wasting my money and 2 it could result in kidney damage. I'm taking in about 350 give or take a day. I'm about 185-190lbs. and I have been getting that much protein in my system for about a year now. I say that he's full of shit and even though it does stress the liver a bit to process that everything should be okay. He takes in about 200 or so grams a day, he also weighs about 30 less than I do.

So what you guys think?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    There's your answer. He weighs 30 lbs less than you. And you ask why my good man??? Well, obviously you were passed on the same genes from your parents, so maybe should be roughly the same size...but you're not...hmmm???

He's full of it. I don't care if he's a nutritionist. I have read reports and articles saying that a lot of protein is ok, as long as you utilize through resistance training or some form of exercise. Dude, if you eat too much food in general, it can put too much stress on the kidney's. I always eat AT LEAST 2g of protein per day, anything more is gravy. Keep doing it bro, eat as big as you want to be. It works...trust me.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i'm with PPP on this one....1.5-2 g per lb.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Sounds good to me, I'll just keep my diet up then. Well, not today, I can hardly eat anything, should've told the bartender that I was done after my oh, 100th Long Island! That's what it feels like today anyways.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Some doctors will say that steroids don't work, so I don't see any reason to believe a nutritionist's claims about too much protein.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Exactly. Gunter Schlierrkamp eats something outrageous like 4.5 g per lb. Mat Duvall (muscletech's playboy) eats 800 grams a day. They are a lot bigger than most nutritionists.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    If that was true that too much pro is bad then all carnivorous animals like lions ect would be extinct {THAT IS ALL THEY EAT}

Doc40 is offline Associate Member
    My roomate started liftin with me and eatin a lot of protein and gained 40lb. in 3 months. Its funny because one of his teachers in his health class is telling them how high protein diets dont work and he sits there and tells her all the time how he gained 40lbs. and she has no answer.

Thread Information