max4000 is offline New Member

Hey! Need ur help again guys....

Whats the best supplements to take to get big?
    Creatine .... what else? And what type of creating and substances should i take? like what brand and stuff?

thx for ur help everyone....

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Everyone has a different opinion of which supplements work and which don't. The fact is, what works for me might not work for you, and vice versa. The same thing goes for brands of creatine. One thing that you should be taking is a protein supplement between meals. I also take glutamine powder (10-15g/day), and Cell-Tech creatine (I like orange). Give em a try and figure out what works for you.

physio_sport is offline Banned
    personally i just use creatine and weight gainer.
    the weight gainer one person uses might not be good for another so experiment. also from my experiance the most expensive is not always the best (but that doesnt mean use cheap ones either) the creatine which i use is AST micronized creatine.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i can't stand the orange cell tech. i use the fruit punch flavor. it work well, expect 7-10 lbs over the next few weeks. i also use BCAA's, glutamine, meal replacements, nitro tech, CLA's for my joints and ligaments, xenadrine for preworkout and a cycle twice a year.

Improving is offline Anabolic Member
    Mostly bump what everyone else has said, although I will add a few comments:

As far as creatine goes (assuming you arent one of the few that gets no results from it), I would avoid all of the "3rd generation, transport, blah blah blah" bullshit on the market (ie - Celltech, etc.). Yes, they work for the most part. Here is the problem with them; YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY!!!. All you are paying for is extra sugar (dextrose), and 95 grams of it at that. Also, in each scoop, how can you be certain you are actually getting 5-10 grams of creatine if it has been mixed with so much sugar?
    Your best bet for creatine is to get 100% Creapure micronized creatine. I personally use ASTs micronized (as someone else already reccomended), but other quality micro creapures are Prolab's, Metrx's, Twinlab's, etc. Just look for the words micronized and creapure (or german SKW). I drink mine with H2o preworkout, drink mix of grapejuice and whey about 20 min later to shuttle it in to muscle. Works like a charm and doesnt cost anywhere near what you pay for Celltech. Post workout I just mix the creatine in with my high GI carb/whey shake.

Bump on Glutamine (15g/day), quality protein supps (I reccomend having one quality whey sup, and a good blend for times other than post workout), MRPs (I like ISS Pro Power), ECAs, Ribose (yes it works, but it aint cheap), quality multivits, BCAAs, extra Vits C and E, ALA, CLA, Digestive enzymes.

That's my supp list,

Improving

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    wow, that's quite a list.

max4000 is offline New Member

thx...

cool thx everyone

what kind of protein supplements are best? is there protein tablets i can take? plz gime some good names of protein bars and protein i should buy.... also whats a quality weight gainer ?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Personally, if you are looking to bulk up, start doing heavier weights with less reps. "Muscles look bigger when they are stronger". Eat alot of protein, and increase your calories, watch out though. If you increase your calories, make sure they are good calories, and not alot of carbs. But then again, depends on teh person, and how your body burns those off.

Improving is offline Anabolic Member
    Mainly for Max,

I will try to make some reccomendations here:

First, help me figure out exactly what your goals are - since you are asking for weightgainer reccomendations, I assume you are looking to bulk up. B4 going any further with any reccs., tell me if you think you are a "hardgainer" (ie - can you eat a shitload - even of junkfood- and not gain weight/fat?). Your personal metabolism will greatly effect what kind of bulking diet you can go for. I will assume until you say otherwise that you are the typical ectomorphic, metabolism of a hummingbird (you lucky bastard), "hardgainer".

For weightgainers I reccomend:
    1 - Prolab's NLarge 2 (about 600 cal;52g prot; 86gcarb - 30gsugar;6gfat)
    - this is a good one that is sort of middle of the road - not the lowest in sugar, but not the worst either
    -others for true hardgainers that can take the extra sugar/carbs I would reccomend are: Champion's SuperHeavyweight Gainer; TKEs Monster Food; etc

Protein Powders:
    *really depends on your budget and needs - Again I like to keep one fast acting whey supplement for immediate post workout, one blend for other times of the day (especially b4 bed), and usually another "middle of the road" type of thing.

I personally use ASTsVP2 (hydrolysed Whey Isolate) for immediately postworkout - expensive.

Optimum's Pro Complex for middle of the road (blend of wheys with extra egg albumin and glut peptides)

MetRx Prot.Plus (milk isol, casein, whey, egg, glutamine) for pre bed/slow digest

Another good old standby for good quality and cheap for all around use is Optimum's 100% Whey. Blend of 4 wheys, good serving size, and you can get like 10lbs of it for dirt cheap.

Also check into Poteinfactory.com where you can design your own protein blends etc.

As far as protein bars go, if you are a "hardgainer", look into some of the protein + carb bars. They tend to tast a lot better. Good ones are: MetRx nutrition bars (27gprot/50gcarb), Mesotech (especially the peanut butter mmmmmm), and Promax Bars, oh and the OptiProMeal bars

For low carb go for Pure Protein, Designer, Nitrotech, Pro42, etc.

Any other questions?
    Improving

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Damn I,m slipping I,ve missed out on this one!!

Max4000 post me your details and we will sort out your diet either post them here or send me a PM

Give me your age height weight and B,F if you know it also what you are trying to acheive and your current diet/supplements

Billy

Thread Information