Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ac guy
  • 1 Post By belva

Thread: Protein farts

E5Charlie is offline Junior Member

Protein farts

Hello guys, I know this title sounds stupid, but I'm being serious. Does everyone get extremely gassy with high protein intake, be it solid foods and/or whey protein powders? Besides the TRT I just started at 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks the only other change to my diet is a higher intake of protein, and my wife can't stand my farts. What have you used to keep the gas down?

Biological Hazard is offline New Member
    I started laughing when I read the title. I'm no help to you here. I just go to the washroom when I can and stay away from people as much as I can when I feel the need.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Standard Operating procedures for many people. It is a very heavy gas that will clear a room. It can linger for a period of time if little ventilation. Been there and done that. ...crazy mike

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    Embrace it my friend. Protein farts are your signal to the rest of the world that a bad mother fvcker is in the room, and caution should be used in his presence.
    JinNtonic likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E5Charlie View Post
    Hello guys, I know this title sounds stupid, but I'm being serious. Does everyone get extremely gassy with high protein intake, be it solid foods and/or whey protein powders? Besides the TRT I just started at 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks the only other change to my diet is a higher intake of protein, and my wife can't stand my farts. What have you used to keep the gas down?
    I only notice it with low quality protein(s).
    With whey isolate I get zero gas,,bloat,,stomach discomfort.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    If I let my shake sit for 10 mins after blending no gas. Baaaaam problem solved. My old farts would literally make people not want to hang with me

belva is offline Member
    Try a different brand, maybe one with enzime in it. I get farty when I mix proteins with half a litre of milk, so I don't do it anymore.
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

BIGTIMEPUSH is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I stopped making my shakes with milk and that seems to of helped a lot.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    I use dynamatize elite gourmet with milk and almond butter and have never had an issue. Meat sources are fine too, but certain seasonings will give me gas.

I would try with water if using milk and/or a different brand of protein.

michaelawlker is offline New Member
    Healthy proteins farts may be rather very funny between the bro’s that talk about within your teen humor (like everyone, lol), although in order to prevent the partner from declaring intended for divorce proceedings more than ones utterly questionable smelling unwanted gas.

LT75 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E5Charlie View Post
    I'm more worried about your TRT dosage being every 2 weeks. The longest it should be is every week with most doing twice a week.

gmantheman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LT75 View Post
    I'm more worried about your TRT dosage being every 2 weeks. The longest it should be is every week with most doing twice a week.
    That also caught my attention.

Yeah, 200 mg every 2 weeks is what I was told by my endo, but he also suggested 100 mg every week would be fine, and that's what I'm going to do starting with my next injection. As far as the farts, I started taking dome charcoal caps, and that seems to have worked. Thanks for the suggestions. I do use skim milk with my protein powder for the added protein and calcium.

Rida5d is offline Member
    The title was so much attracting

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    ever heard of tren farts on a high protein diet?

kawasaki1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I only notice it with low quality protein(s).
    With whey isolate I get zero gas,,bloat,,stomach discomfort.
    Same here...I have been using Synthetek's Synthepure WPI for years now and noticed I do not get the bloat/gas that you get from most other brands due to all of the fillers they use.....

growfast is offline New Member
    same, the moment I changed to synthepure I had no more stomack issues. maybe it s because it s lactose free.

I haven't been using protein powders much lately, mostly protein from solid lean sources, and the protein farts are back so it can't be the protein powders. Any other suggestions?

cdaddy is offline New Member
    Im using almond milk ( unsweetned and lactose free) i know where you're coming from bro. omfg. Do try a different powder or no milk and just water. I have bad problem with milk, milk products. There are some foods that cause it but its rare. I never started having the problem until tru-mass and others. iso-XP is great9 works for me) I love the idea of leaving the shake sit for 10min, sound like a plan. This bad ass is gonna go clear the kids room now.

P.S are you lactose intolerant?
    Last edited by cdaddy; 10-11-2013 at 03:59 PM.

squid7 is offline New Member
    does this happen with all protein brands or just one in particular?

taggart is offline New Member
    Perhaps Beano would help

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by belva View Post
    Try a different brand, maybe one with enzime in it. I get farty when I mix proteins with half a litre of milk, so I don't do it anymore.
    This. I get my protein with a protease enzyme complex..i will never use protein without it. No bloat, no gas...the difference is amazing.

trigger happy is offline Junior Member
    I have tried the "let it sit for 10 min" it works! no more waking up to flying fists from the mrs at about 11pm haha. Thanks for the tip!

Thread Information