Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Noopept and a few other powders :)

theRZA is offline Junior Member
    So I've been doing some homework on the matter...and I've come to the conclusion that this stuff isn't quite 100% worry-free. Many people report headaches, mental fog, and sleep issues. Some even claim to "feel their body pulsing" which is an indicator of hypertension. Obviously these side effects will vary with dosages, but that's another murky subject. I've seen some people take 10mg, and others take 200mg.

The other issue with this is that it apparently ,by design, hinders short term memory. For me, this is kind of a deal breaker. I rely on my short term way too much to incorporate it's dampened activity on a daily basis.

Another hypothesis that seems to float around the internet by respective members of forums is that this peptide is not immune to the body's homeostasis. With the heightened expression of BDNF, your brain is a neuron-generating machine, and there is good evidence that you will keep these neurons after you discontinue the drug which is fantastic. BUT, a consequence of overexpressing BDNF, many believe that TkB is down regulated, and your expression of BDNF during restriction of noopept is at a significantly lower level. Any of the scientific studies involve rats and mice. These models have their role in science, but not for cognitive measure. Coming from someone who slices rat brains for 30+ hours a week and analyzes the data... Some hippocampal sections of a rat brain isn't gonna tell you shit about noopept or any other nootropic. They don't represent each other well.

Overall, I appreciate the positive cognitive effects this drug has, and it is definitely safer than cns stims like adderal, however, I'm not sold. I cherish my brains functions way too much to even consider compromising my brains ability to make new neurons later on in life.
    Last edited by theRZA; 11-12-2013 at 09:20 AM.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by theRZA
    So I've been doing some homework on the matter...and I've come to the conclusion that this stuff isn't quite 100% worry-free. Many people report headaches, mental fog, and sleep issues. Some even claim to "feel their body pulsing" which is an indicator of hypertension. Obviously these side effects will vary with dosages, but that's another murky subject. I've seen some people take 10mg, and others take 200mg. The other issue with this is that it apparently ,by design, hinders short term memory. For me, this is kind of a deal breaker. I rely on my short term way too much to incorporate it's dampened activity on a daily basis. Another hypothesis that seems to float around the internet by respective members of forums is that this peptide is not immune to the body's homeostasis. With the heightened expression of BDNF, your brain is a neuron-generating machine, and there is good evidence that you will keep these neurons after you discontinue the drug which is fantastic. BUT, a consequence of overexpressing BDNF, many believe that TkB is down regulated, and your expression of BDNF during restriction of noopept is at a significantly lower level. Any of the scientific studies involve rats and mice. These models have their role in science, but not for cognitive measure. Coming from someone who slices rat brains for 30+ hours a week and analyzes the data... Some hippocampal sections of a rat brain isn't gonna tell you shit about noopept or any other nootropic. They don't represent each other well. Overall, I appreciate the positive cognitive effects this drug has, and it is definitely safer than cns stims like adderal, however, I'm not sold. I cherish my brains functions way too much to even consider compromising my brains ability to make new neurons later on in life.

Everyone is different. You should be decreasing mental fog and better sleep.

I'm aware that everyone's mileage will vary with this stuff. but the other points I mentioned are erroneous to individual success.

I'm aware that everyone's mileage will vary with this stuff. but the other points I mentioned are erroneous to individual success.

Honestly I've never heard anyone increasing them. That's the point of the drug, well at least two of them.

WheyBrotein93 is offline New Member
    Have you read theRZA's posts fully and thought about an appropriate response to anything he said?

How long do you plan to run it for? And how do you plan on getting off of it? A taper down or cold turkey?
    theRZA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WheyBrotein93
    Have you read theRZA's posts fully and thought about an appropriate response to anything he said? How long do you plan to run it for? And how do you plan on getting off of it? A taper down or cold turkey?

I'm not sure how to take this.

I've actually stopped for a week as I'm doing a small test. Yes cold turkey.

Check this out, this guy summed up all of my concerns about these smart drugs. I still don't have any concrete proof, but he further solidified all doubts I originally had.

Why I Don’t Supplement With Piracetam | Experimental Solutions For a Better Life.

Btw, I'm not coming down on you. By all means, take this stuff if you're having good results. for me personally I can't justify taking them (and believe me, i need them...working for a lab full time, and taking 18 credits with a neuroscience degree is no cake walk). I just thought I would share my opinion on why they might not be all they are cracked up to be.

Check this out, this guy summed up all of my concerns about these smart drugs. I still don't have any concrete proof, but he further solidified all doubts I originally had. Why I Don’t Supplement With Piracetam | Experimental Solutions For a Better Life. Btw, I'm not coming down on you. By all means, take this stuff if you're having good results. for me personally I can't justify taking them (and believe me, i need them...working for a lab full time, and taking 18 credits with a neuroscience degree is no cake walk). I just thought I would share my opinion on why they might not be all they are cracked up to be.

Interesting read.

Noopept is a little different though. There is a thread on here about it. The member who started it is banned but it's a great read, check it out.

Yeah i read through his log... any idea why he got banned? seemed like he got swiped off the earth one day lol

Yeah i read through his log... any idea why he got banned? seemed like he got swiped off the earth one day lol

Yeah but I'm not getting into why publicly.

Shadow530i is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theRZA View Post
    Check this out, this guy summed up all of my concerns about these smart drugs. I still don't have any concrete proof, but he further solidified all doubts I originally had.

Why I Don’t Supplement With Piracetam | Experimental Solutions For a Better Life.

Btw, I'm not coming down on you. By all means, take this stuff if you're having good results. for me personally I can't justify taking them (and believe me, i need them...working for a lab full time, and taking 18 credits with a neuroscience degree is no cake walk). I just thought I would share my opinion on why they might not be all they are cracked up to be.
    I got about 1/3 of the way down your list before I noticed that literally every single person that posted dosages was taking between 10x to literally 100x the recommended MAX 90mg/day dose.

Sorry, but it seems to me that your core argument is full of people who failed to do even the simplest of due diligence.

Not to mention, one guy claimed to be taking it for 10 years...In the main thread of this forum the author states noopept is only 3 years old...not sure which is true but just some more food for thought.

I haven't taken any yet but I'm going to start...pharmacy school can be intense sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow530i View Post
    I got about 1/3 of the way down your list before I noticed that literally every single person that posted dosages was taking between 10x to literally 100x the recommended MAX 90mg/day dose.

Sorry, but it seems to me that your core argument is full of people who failed to do even the simplest of due diligence.

Not to mention, one guy claimed to be taking it for 10 years...In the main thread of this forum the author states noopept is only 3 years old...not sure which is true but just some more food for thought.

I haven't taken any yet but I'm going to start...pharmacy school can be intense sometimes.
    I wasn't trying to claim that these were accurate representations of everyone's experience. Like I said, everyones mileage will vary, it's just that in about 90% of logs I have read...there seems to be a discrepancy on dosage (Still have yet to get an answer on proper dosage), incredible variance in side effects, and not much efficacy.

My main point was that everything is so inconclusive. I also can't shake the short term memory effects people complain about. I am currently studying for my dental school exam and short term memory is absolutely key.

I wasn't trying to claim that these were accurate representations of everyone's experience. Like I said, everyones mileage will vary, it's just that in about 90% of logs I have read...there seems to be a discrepancy on dosage (Still have yet to get an answer on proper dosage), incredible variance in side effects, and not much efficacy.

My main point was that everything is so inconclusive. I also can't shake the short term memory effects people complain about. I am currently studying for my dental school exam and short term memory is absolutely key.
    The dosage is stated to be 10-30mg x3 a day MAX...

Again, the link you provided has people doing in excess of 100x the normal dose...and wondering why it's not working -_-"

To put it in perspective....the general consensus is 150-650mg of tren e is a "safe" dosage range per week. If someone were to show up and link 500 negative posts about tren users who were pumping between 6 GRAMS and 50 GRAMS of tren and for some reason ended up dying how much respect do you think board members here would give that post?

Feel free to do what you like but everyone I've talked to on these boards about this peptide as well as all the logs here show only positive results when taken within the above reference range.

I would however appreciate if you didn't post misleading links, as all they do is waste peoples time and give them a bad idea about what seems to be a very good supplement.

To be honest, I don't care too much what you appreciate. It's a perfectly valid contribution to the thread and there is nothing misleading about it. All it states is user experiences.

To explicitly state that it's a very good supplement is asinine. In fact, all of the published scientific articles claim the exact opposite. I don't care how vivid your dreams are, or how "loud" music may sound. There is no evidence that this peptide enhances cognition.
    profboy likes this.

To be honest, I don't care too much what you appreciate. It's a perfectly valid contribution to the thread and there is nothing misleading about it. All it states is user experiences.

To explicitly state that it's a very good supplement is asinine. In fact, all of the published scientific articles claim the exact opposite. I don't care how vivid your dreams are, or how "loud" music may sound. There is no evidence that this peptide enhances cognition.
    Good point. I'll be sure to warn members about tren use and post links citing people's adverse effects when taking excess of 50 grams per week. By your logic this would also be a perfectly valid contribution, would it not?

That last question was rhetorical, in case you didn't catch that -_-"

Good point. I'll be sure to warn members about tren use and post links citing people's adverse effects when taking excess of 50 grams per week. By your logic this would also be a perfectly valid contribution, would it not?

That last question was rhetorical, in case you didn't catch that -_-"
    I pity your myopic and argumentative mindset instead of showing evidence of the supplements efficacy.

profboy is offline New Member
    The dosage is stated to be 10-30mg x3 a day MAX...

Again, the link you provided has people doing in excess of 100x the normal dose...and wondering why it's not working -_-"

To put it in perspective....the general consensus is 150-650mg of tren e is a "safe" dosage range per week. If someone were to show up and link 500 negative posts about tren users who were pumping between 6 GRAMS and 50 GRAMS of tren and for some reason ended up dying how much respect do you think board members here would give that post?

Feel free to do what you like but everyone I've talked to on these boards about this peptide as well as all the logs here show only positive results when taken within the above reference range.

I would however appreciate if you didn't post misleading links, as all they do is waste peoples time and give them a bad idea about what seems to be a very good supplement.
    if you read correctly, that link deals with piracetam and the experiences of people who used piracetam. I found dosage instruction of piracetam from ~2g/day to ~9g/day. Either way, both are way more than the "max 90mg/day" you posted. Which by the way is the dosage for noopept.

That being said, I would appreciate if you didn't post misleading information before brushing up on your reading comprehension, as all it does is waste peoples time.
    theRZA likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information