belva is offline Member

how long before eating after workout?

so, I know supplement companies want us to believe that if u don't eat strait after your workout you are gonna lose all your muscle, i mean they said you are in an extreme catabolism moment ,almost about to die...so you need to get your protein shake as soon as possible mate otherwise you're ruin your progress etc... Well, i followed this theory for 10years, actually are exactly 10years. NOW, I went to a sport med seminar and i've been told that you have the biggest release of grow hormon after your training. But if you eat something you'll trigger the insulin and grow hormone and insuline they don't really get alone. As a result if u get your protein shake or your meal strait after training you'll actually shout down that natural production of grow hormone.So my plan for the following month is to test the difference. I will eat my meal/protein shake 1hour and 15 minutes after my training...just to be sure.. And let's see how it goes...how long do u guys usually wait before eating after training?

kidrock29520 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belva View Post
    so, I know supplement companies want us to believe that if u don't eat strait after your workout you are gonna lose all your muscle, i mean they said you are in an extreme catabolism moment ,almost about to die...so you need to get your protein shake as soon as possible mate otherwise you're ruin your progress etc... Well, i followed this theory for 10years, actually are exactly 10years. NOW, I went to a sport med seminar and i've been told that you have the biggest release of grow hormon after your training. But if you eat something you'll trigger the insulin and grow hormone and insuline they don't really get alone. As a result if u get your protein shake or your meal strait after training you'll actually shout down that natural production of grow hormone.So my plan for the following month is to test the difference. I will eat my meal/protein shake 1hour and 15 minutes after my training...just to be sure.. And let's see how it goes...how long do u guys usually wait before eating after training?
    Insulin > GH
    Last edited by kidrock29520; 10-22-2013 at 07:11 AM.

profboy is offline New Member
    protein shake immediately after then your largest meal of the day within 2 hours

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Whenever you like, just hit your macro's. There are more things to worry about than PWO nutrition in this game.

Having said that, what fits in with my life is, a protein blend shake as I am leaving the gym and then a meal about an hour later.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

cdaddy is offline New Member
    Having said that, what fits in with my life is, a protein blend shake as I am leaving the gym and then a meal about an hour later.
    I have my shake ready to go in the locker and once done I sing my shake song, ," Shake shake shake" then chug back. head home and eat within 1hr or so. 7-8pm then a shake 2 hrs later.

Black Beard is offline New Member
    Optimal absorption would be up to an hour after. It doesn't really matter in the long run.

Megalodon6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Whenever you like, just hit your macro's. There are more things to worry about than PWO nutrition in this game.

Having said that, what fits in with my life is, a protein blend s
    hake as I am leaving the gym and then a meal about an hour later.
    I like to do this

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    liquid protein, sugar within 30 minutes post workout, meal ideally ~2 hours pwo, snack ideally ~4 hours pwo.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah always good to have a shake on hand, as depending on the intensity of the workout, eating might be the last thing on your mind.

But I try and have some real food within a hour of that PWS.

Giggle is offline Female Member
    Hey BIB!
    You said a blend? What blend do you like post-training?

Giggle is offline Female Member
    Hey BIB!
    You said a blend? What blend do you like post-training?

Blog Entries
    I drink BCAA while I work out, take creatine post workout, wait 30min then eat.

hekki is offline Junior Member
    I try and get at least 75 grams of protein of my workout. I then eat a big meal about an hour later.

Thread Information