Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tarmyg

Thread: Whey troubles. Please help!

EromtP is offline New Member

Whey troubles. Please help!

Hey guys I've recently had a serious problem with whey protein shakes. I've been using ON 100% whey for like a year with no problem for the last 6 months or so with no issue, but about a week ago that changed drastically. I started getting extremely nauseous a couple hours after lifting and 3 hours almost to the minute I vomit big time. It took me a few days to pinpoint what was causing it but I realized that if I don't drink whey it doesn't happen. I switched to a brand I used before the on yesterday and had the same issue. It's not that whey is a derivative of milk cause I can still drink milk with zero problems. I haven't changed anything at all and classically have a very strong stomach ( haven't thrown up in 15 years). My questions are what may be causing this and if I have to stay away from shakes how do I get enough protein post workout without them. I'm thinking maybe chicken and cottage cheese pre workout so it starts getting digested during and after. Thanks in advance for your help.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

Maybe just make your own Protein shake with, i.e. Egg White, Almond Milk, Banana, Peanut Butter, and Cinnamon. Could always try and see what happens.

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs
    DCI likes this.

I will certainly try that today. Never made my own shakes. Thanks tarmyg

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There are egg based protein powders.

Making my own went very well! I will look into egg based as well for when I'm short on time. Thanks for the help guys!

Thread Information