Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brett N

Thread: Whey Protein

dbigsac is offline New Member

Whey Protein

Hello everyone

I have a question, I'm eating 200g of protein per day in 5 meals that's 40g of protein per meal. I drink whey protein for two of them. My question is can I or should I drink whey protein for 3 or even 4 meals to get the protein I need per day?

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    No, if anything you should try to eat real food instead if at all possible. Protein shakes are meant to be a supplement, not a substitution. Eat some eggs, chicken breast, broiled fish. All are excellent source of protein, easy to pre make and keep you full longer.
    M302_Imola likes this.

dbigsac is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post
    No, if anything you should try to eat real food instead if at all possible. Protein shakes are meant to be a supplement, not a substitution. Eat some eggs, chicken breast, broiled fish. All are excellent source of protein, easy to pre make and keep you full longer.

Thanks For your reply. That's what I eat egg wht, chicken, fish, lean red meat. Sometimes it seems to be a lot of eating per meal, I eat 40g protein, and really did not want to add more meals. However that being said I understand about supplement and substitution, makes sense.

vito93x is offline Banned
    it doesn't matter tbh.

Icy
    Icy is offline New Member
    really it depends on your body weight. if you are over 200lbs then it would help to have the few extra grams.

Nalga_Smasher is offline New Member
    Yes, try to ingest most of your protein through food. Plus, that can get very pricey. The cheapest serving or powder protein I've found so is $5/1# opposed to chicken at local grocery store. $1/1#, eggs $2 a dozen so on and so forth

Thread Information