streetcleaner is offline New Member

Is Glucosamine worth taking??

I use Animal Flex Glucosamine daily and still suffer from joint pain. First in my shoulder then at the advice of an orthopedist stopped training upper body and concentrated on legs for a month. Now my hip joint is flaring up. I'm beginning to think I'm wasting my money on the Animal Flex. Any thoughts?

Sebastia is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by streetcleaner View Post
    I use Animal Flex Glucosamine daily and still suffer from joint pain. First in my shoulder then at the advice of an orthopedist stopped training upper body and concentrated on legs for a month. Now my hip joint is flaring up. I'm beginning to think I'm wasting my money on the Animal Flex. Any thoughts?
    Nah man you'd be better off with MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I had problems with shoulders and knees. Both my dog and I take glucosamine and it helps but its not an answer to your prayers. I stopped going heavy and dropped some weight and that helped me a lot but I realize that might not be an option for what a lot of guys are going for on this board.

Blog Entries
    I have had 3 reconstructive surgeries on my knees and I used to take the stuff religiously until one day I ran out and decided to not take it for a while to see if it truly was effective...its been 6 months since I have taken it and my knees have never felt better for some reason and yes I squat and deadlift as heavy as ever...im convinced it made no difference or very little if any for me imho...

streetcleaner is offline New Member
    Thanks guys. I may stop taking it for a while and see how I react. Maybe I'll save some $$ in the process too.

probuild42 is offline Member
    I agree with above. Never noticed a difference with Glucosamine. I take 5 grams of MSM daily. It takes a few weeks to really start working. I notice shoulder pain flares up when I stop taking it.

Thread Information