SomeFatAss is offline New Member

Supplements To Aid Muscle Recovery

Does anyone have any suggestions for natural supplements to shorten muscle recovery time after lifting? I'm 31, 285 and have now been lifting regularly for the last 4 months. Currently too fat for gear (bf around 38%), just looking for something that will help me recovery fast enough to lift twice a week instead of once. I'm doing the old time strong man super squat routine (supposed to be 3x per week), which is below for those not familiar with it. 5 pounds are added to each lift each workout, which I am keeping up with for whatever that's worth.

Press behind neck 3 x 12
    Squat 1 x 20 supersetted with Pullover 1 x 20
    Bench press 3 x 12
    Rowing 3 x 15
    Stiff legged deadlift 1 x 15
    Pullover 1 x 20

Plus about 90 minutes of cardio everyday. Getting ready to finish an ephedrine cycle and will be trying Austinite's fat loss supplement stack after I'm off the ephedrine for a weeks. Anything else I can take to help my muscles recover?

Blog Entries
    BCAAs before or during workout help.

Creatine, citruline, and Cissus are also good.

--------------

Recovery and reduction of DOMS will happen as the body adjust to workout routine.

You may have jumped in too intense, better to ease into the workout, light at first, then progress.

Once a week strength training is not enough, if I were you I would reduce the intensity of the workout and workout more times per week at light to medium loads.

-Cheers

Blog Entries
    Additionally I would switch the low intensity long duration cardio for a short HIIT cardio program.

Ex. 3min high speed thread mil walk, then 1min slow pace, repeat for 20-30min.

You can play around with the interval times and intensify them as you progress.

IMO the low intensity long duration cardio is only good for health reasons. If you want to burn calories HIIT is superior or just diet the calories out.

PS "high speed walk" means high speed no BS-ing around walk.

Thread Information