JAMIE07652 is offline Associate Member

Creatine , 7 differNt types ! Help

I would like a add Creatine to my diet . After reading the effect of the many types of Creatine , I'm thinking ethyl ester . My thoughts are based of lower amounts need to be taken and no pre loading . It seems bloating is also lower . I'm open to any input . Thanks boys

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    almost all of us just take mono

it's cheap, and provides the biggest bang for the buck

buy it in powder form from a reputable online distributor, and you'll be g2g

Roman , thx for the input . Have u looked into the ethyl version ? It's bill as the next level up on Creatine , the sides of mono have been addressed and lower amounts are needed . The cost dosnt seem too much more . Bloat is something I'm concerned about .

I don't put too much energy into worrying about creatine. My energy is focused on my diet and exercise routines.

I've spent too many years trying different versions of different products, and to be quite honest, mostly all aint worth the hype they are made out to be.

Creatine is the exception. I believe I tried a few different versions many years ago, and I think I'm through with that chapter of my life, and will just stick with mono. I don't want to over think this thing.

If you really want something to focus on that will provide significant noticeable gains, focus on nutrition.

just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by JAMIE07652 View Post
    Roman , thx for the input . Have u looked into the ethyl version ? It's bill as the next level up on Creatine , the sides of mono have been addressed and lower amounts are needed . The cost dosnt seem too much more . Bloat is something I'm concerned about .
    do you know your TDEE, and how many grams of protein you need to eat every day? And are you doing that consistently?

Roman for starter , I'm taking your advice and will try a cycle of mono , you've given great advice to so many . The trouble is the internet and the tons of data on this subject and I over study it . I try to tKe 200 g of protein a day . I bring 6 small meals a day to work and I've learned via you and the other vets who advice us here , food is the key . It very easy and fun for me to workout 6 days a week , the diet is the harder part . If your could , load 20 g a day for a week and 5 g day after that , followed by 2 days off ?

I just read the Creatine thread below mine .. I'll follow 5 gms a day without the preload .

Roman for starter , I'm taking your advice and will try a cycle of mono , you've given great advice to so many . The trouble is the internet and the tons of data on this subject and I over study it . I try to tKe 200 g of protein a day . I bring 6 small meals a day to work and I've learned via you and the other vets who advice us here , food is the key . It very easy and fun for me to workout 6 days a week , the diet is the harder part . If your could , load 20 g a day for a week and 5 g day after that , followed by 2 days off ?
    case in point.

you are probably 100gr/protein a day short of what you would need to grow.

THE most underrated aspect of what we do is a lack of nutritional knowledge.

Supps will never bridge that gap, and that includes creatine, whether mono or other.

So assuming a 20%bf and a moderate activity level, and a desire to bulk moderately, you would need 3370 cals/day, and 337 grams of protein per day.

This is your #1 missing piece of the puzzle. Don't worry about what color of pearl you are going to clear coat the paint job with until you finish working on the engine. And this includes stylistic points on the type of mono is the best.

Make sense?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	129 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	152697

I will increase my protein protein and watch my macros , thx buddy for the time and input !

Just remember to pay it forward.

There is an avalanche of newbs that are misguided needing help.

Help a few of those out after you get the results you want and we'll call it even

---Roman

Thanks brother , and I will !

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just get the cheapest creatine monohydrate you can find. Supplement industry is just capitalising on an effective supplement and making other random versions of it to charge more! No matter what creatine you take, you process it into creatine phosphate.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    200grams of protein is PLENTY for you to grow. More than enough actually. As to the creatine, all the conclusive research done on the efficacy of creatine was done on the mono version. All the others are marketing ploys piggybacking off that research and make claims of superiority when in reality they're really inferior.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would like a add Creatine to my diet . After reading the effect of the many types of Creatine , I'm thinking ethyl ester . My thoughts are based of lower amounts need to be taken and no pre loading . It seems bloating is also lower . I'm open to any input . Thanks boys
    get creatine mono, maybe creapure brand.. yes the cheap not hyped one.... nvm loading take your main dose whole time IMO

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    200grams of protein is PLENTY for you to grow. More than enough actually. As to the creatine, all the conclusive research done on the efficacy of creatine was done on the mono version. All the others are marketing ploys piggybacking off that research and make claims of superiority when in reality they're really inferior.
    I agree with your opinion on protein. I think 1g/lb is adequate, sometimes if I am trying to bulk I will eat 1g/lb of the weight I want to get to. I think these 1.5g/lb and higher are just results of successful marketing franchises.

This article doesn't fully address daily intake of protein but it did look into how much protein we should be taking in at one meal, interesting stuff.

Elsevier

This one also looks at the most effective dose of protein in one sitting post-workout and concluded 20g was the most effective. These men weighed 86kg, or 189lbs on average.

Ingested protein dose response of muscle and albumin protein synthesis after resistance exercise in young men

Nij
    Nij is offline Junior Member
    Monohydrate is all you need. It's the only stuff that I've ever seen any results with.

Thread Information