Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Khazima

Thread: My current "pre-cycle" stack of supp's... Q: Good / Bad?

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member

Question delete

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 06:00 PM. Reason: delete

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Overkill on the supplements, you need to worry more about diet. 2500-3500 could be the difference between cutting and dirty bulking.

No need to take extra melatonin, just before bed. Fluctuations in GH throughout the day within the physiological range will make no difference in body composition.

Animal pak/flex and glutamine - basically useless, may be getting a small benefit if one is a multivitamin and your diet sucks.

Arginine - only really good for a pump.

MSM/fish oil/creatine and protein are the only ones of any real use in your whole stack.

BCAA's may have a small benefit but if you're already getting adequate protein the difference probably won't even be noticeable but if you have the money to chuck away they usually taste pretty good and may have some benefits so go ahead.

Diet is your main concern, you're not gaining weight because you aren't making sure you're getting adequate calories to gain weight. Start tracking more vigorously and make sure you're eating more than you're expending. If you're not gaining weight, add more calories. If you're still not gaining weight, add more. Keep adding them until you're gaining as much weight as you'd like.

Hope this helps.
    rahulsingh265 likes this.

Ya man, khazima is correct. Spend more $$$ on food instead. It's funny how i used to spend so much $$ on supps now i barely buy any and i see results way more than when i was on supps just because i eat clean food.

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    ah, thanks guys, Im gonna do some detailed plan on the diet, and I suppose best way to discipline my diet would be have it all prepared one day of the week and then cool-stored/freezed for the consumption during the week I guess.

I have problem with appetite most times, some days I may just not be hungry at all of brain would play hard on me - me knowing this is nutrients full dish and I know it would be good for me but mouth says "no, I want something else" or otherwise im not hungry enough, and that sucks, or my stomach would just seem to be on slo-mo not rushing to digest at all...etc could take 400g chicken breast dish at ~ 8pm and in the morning can still feel it in my stomach, now not always but does happen. I do hydrate myself plenty I think 2-3L of still spring/mineral water a day, can this be due to infrequent bigger meals or im lacking some important digestive enzymes?
    99% chance it's none of the above, you just need to force yourself to eat whether you want to or not. After a while it'll be easy.

More frequent meals can make it easier to fit in more calories, calorie dense foods as well.

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Gotcha, thanks for the advice, I've a lot to work on regards diet. Anything else you'd like to add on supps, anything else that I may greatly benefit from? How about NAC for liver and maybe something for kidneys... if it makes sense as precursor before I will go on my first cycle (ofc after the diet is ironed out)
    It'd be best to make more gains naturally first, learn how to train and eat properly to grow before cycling.

But no, nothing else i'd recommend except maybe a mass gainer if you have so much trouble gaining weight. Helped me plenty when i struggled, so did pasta and mince.

delete

Yea, I've tried mass gainer before but it really added more fat than anything I think... or maybe I just wasnt pushing my body hard enough, however weight was going up almost daily. I quit mass gainers since ones I used I believe had soya blend of proteins more in it than whey, and I dont like to experiment much with all that there is of a mass gainers. Im working on my diet now. I know its little out of place /out of topic question, and will sound noob, but is the 40/40/20 ratio for macros is it ratio per day total macros intake or per every meal? Just couldn't figure that out.

Thanks a bunch for the tips man.
    No worries bro.

You were probably gaining weight to quickly. 2-3lb per month, max 4lb per month is a good amount to gain on a bulk.

40/40/20 is for your total macros but it's outdated. The general rules are 1-1.5g protein per lb of bodyweight/LBM if you want to be exact, .4-.6g fat per lb of bodyweight and the rest of your calories from carbs.

I used a TDEE calculator to look at your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and the estimate is 2900. So to gain weight you should start by eating 3200 IMO. Which leaves your macros as;

Protein - 175g
    Fat - 100g
    Carbs - 400g

Calories - 3200

delete

I see... usually train 5-7 days a week and really beating myself over with it, I did estimate just today my BMR and TDEE and TDEE is like 3795cal that I need min regarding my current weight stats and others and activity just to maintain what I got , or need surplus to gain more. Used the guide on this forum. theres another site called IIFYM or something and it gave result average 1000kcal less. It does get confusing at times yano...
    Yeah they're just rough estimates, massively varying depending on where you go. The IIFYM one has been the most accurate for me so far. Start eating 3k atleast then go from there.

No point getting mass gainer, maltodextrin is almost just sugar. It's expensive for no reason. Better swallow powdered oats. Eat spaghetti, super high in cals compared to other grains and ez to eat.

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EquilibriumZ View Post
    No point getting mass gainer, maltodextrin is almost just sugar. It's expensive for no reason. Better swallow powdered oats. Eat spaghetti, super high in cals compared to other grains and ez to eat.
    I get maltodextrin really cheap and just add it to my shakes. I had some left over from ages ago i'd been using but since it's out i just blend oats into a shake.

rahulsingh265 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    I get maltodextrin really cheap and just add it to my shakes. I had some left over from ages ago i'd been using but since it's out i just blend oats into a shake.
    I have some maltodextrin, is it ok to use maltodextrin with post workout protein?

Quote Originally Posted by rahulsingh265 View Post
    I have some maltodextrin, is it ok to use maltodextrin with post workout protein?
    Yeah that's when i usually take it, or just to fit in more calories if i'm behind for the day.

delete
    Last edited by InternalFire; 12-21-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Your experience with isatori Bio-Gro? I forgot I had it...
    Useless.

Over-priced colostrum, IGF-1 isn't orally bioavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima
    How much? canada or us?

Quote Originally Posted by EquilibriumZ View Post
    How much? canada or us?
    Australia, about $20 for 5kg (11lb).

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima
    Australia, about $20 for 5kg (11lb).
    Ok ya it's cheap for malto

But not cheaper than whole food carb source

Thread Information