Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: pre workouts not working

allskill87 is offline Associate Member

pre workouts not working

hey i was just wondering what the problem could be. it seems like no pre workouts are working for me anymore even if i take more thn they tell you. iv tried probably 95% of the ones that are out and im not getting any pump or any focus/ energy

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by allskill87
    hey i was just wondering what the problem could be. it seems like no pre workouts are working for me anymore even if i take more thn they tell you. iv tried probably 95% of the ones that are out and im not getting any pump or any focus/ energy
    have you tried neon pre workout yet? It works better for me then anything on the market. I been running it for a few months and have built no tolerance for it. It's working just as well now as it did the first time. Unlike those other pre workout supps

yeah i tried that last year it didnt do much for me. Im wondering if iv just been taking pre workouts too long or is that even such a thing? maybe i need a cleanse or something?

yeah i tried that last year it didnt do much for me. Im wondering if iv just been taking pre workouts too long or is that even such a thing? maybe i need a cleanse or something?
    did you do 2 scoops when you tried it?

i believe i did 3 or maybe 2.5 and thn started mixing it with c4? i cant remember what i mixed it with

i believe i did 3 or maybe 2.5 and thn started mixing it with c4? i cant remember what i mixed it with
    c4 sucks! 4 scoops of that does nothing for me. Maybe you should try the neon again? I believe it's been reformulated. Have you ever tried redline by vpx?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    c4 sucks! 4 scoops of that does nothing for me. Maybe you should try the neon again? I believe it's been reformulated. Have you ever tried redline by vpx?
    yeah im not a fan of c4 at all. iv tried the bottle of pre mixed redline extreme i believe and id drink the whole bottle which was 2 servings. That did work for a short amount of time thn i had to start mixing it with other pre workouts. ill have to see if neon reformulated it or not. it jsut sucks going to buy something and nothing working haha. i just want to get a damn good pump again

yeah im not a fan of c4 at all. iv tried the bottle of pre mixed redline extreme i believe and id drink the whole bottle which was 2 servings. That did work for a short amount of time thn i had to start mixing it with other pre workouts. ill have to see if neon reformulated it or not. it jsut sucks going to buy something and nothing working haha. i just want to get a damn good pump again
    well that redline is strong but you will get used to it for sure. Just use it once or twice each week and use your other pre workout for the other days

well that redline is strong but you will get used to it for sure. Just use it once or twice each week and use your other pre workout for the other days
    yeah i did like it when i first tried it but i did take it everyday as a pre workout so i guess i just got used to it quick

yeah i did like it when i first tried it but i did take it everyday as a pre workout so i guess i just got used to it quick
    oh yeah you would get used to it in just a few days. Change things up often to keep your body from getting used to it

oh yeah you would get used to it in just a few days. Change things up often to keep your body from getting used to it
    yeah i have about 3 different ones im cycling through haha.

yeah i have about 3 different ones im cycling through haha.
    what are they? Most are just loaded with caffeine

what are they? Most are just loaded with caffeine
    well actually 4 ahha. juggernaut, GAT, taze and mr hyde

well actually 4 ahha. juggernaut, GAT, taze and mr hyde
    they all probably have a lot of caffeine huh? Noen sports volt pre workout is the one I use

they all probably have a lot of caffeine huh? Noen sports volt pre workout is the one I use
    juggermaut has 150mg, GAT doesnt have any, taze has none and mr hyde has 419 damn ahha

juggermaut has 150mg, GAT doesnt have any, taze has none and mr hyde has 419 damn ahha
    when you did the neon was it the volt line?

when you did the neon was it the volt line?
    ehh i think it was i cant be 100% positive. this was back in October i think or maybe beginning of novmeber

ehh i think it was i cant be 100% positive. this was back in October i think or maybe beginning of novmeber
    hmmm how do you respond to coffee?

hmmm how do you respond to coffee?
    i can drink a cup of it and take a nap right after

i can drink a cup of it and take a nap right after
    me too.... I have a high tolerance to stims

me too.... I have a high tolerance to stims
    yeah im thinking i do too.. i can take an adderal and take a nap.. along with most other pre workouts

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is why i've calmed down with the pre-workouts, i was spending loads of money on random pre-workouts to try and find something that'd be as good as some of the first ones i'd tried. Turns out it's really just a caffeine tolerance that's the problem, some have stimulants and other crap in them but the main performance enhancer is the caffeine.

Just get an energy drink or a coffee, keep the amount of caffeine you consume consistent so your tolerance doesn't fluctuate and get the focus and motivation from yourself (where it should come from).
    rahulsingh265 likes this.

rahulsingh265 is offline Junior Member
    For me , L arginine+bcaa+creatine monohydrate works better than any other pre workout supp.....
    WashedUp likes this.

bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    I kinda gave up on them too. I used to love (im gonna show my age) ultimate orange. ... nothing compares. But stuff only works for like 4 uses then i get used to it.... sucks. Now i just have one of those 5 hour energy shots, because inget cases from costco and the are super cheap. I have one to get me through the night and another one when i get off so incan workout, plus i need the energy to stay up so long for all the crap i need to do after work.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't think you could consistently use them for every workout. I only use my regular coffee for the normal workouts. Add in your pre-workout drinks when preparing for a meet or contest or just when going for a pr in the gym. Saves money that way too.

94ss is offline New Member
    Too bad they are so addictive!!!!

Lifted1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allskill87 View Post
    I was going to suggest GAT nitraflex. I've been taking it for over a year and it works just as good as it did day one. Btw it has 300mg caffeine per scoop

Brandon2103 is offline New Member
    Original Formula Jack3d Has always worked for me but, finding the original can be expensive.
    skaz915 likes this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I find whey, creatine, oats, and coffee are working for me now. I have used a ton of pre workouts and they do work, just sick of spending the money when my curent shake does the same. Going to get some arginine to mix in and see how that works.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allskill87 View Post
    Take a break form them for awhile and try them again,
    you may have built up a tolerance.
    j4ever41 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN
    Take a break form them for awhile and try them again, you may have built up a tolerance.
    Ya he has built up a tolerance hardcore man.
    Op you take it every workout, ofc it stops workiing lol.
    You should just stop for 3 months cold turkey then you ll see what 1 scoop will do

gmantheman is offline Associate Member
    I know the recommendation is too cut all caffeine for at least a week but for a lot of people that is torcher. I find if I take an adrenal support supplement with Rhodila Rosea, I can still take coffee/preworkouts and still get the stim effects.

BallSak is offline Associate Member
    I think the biggest problem is people not taking the pre on an empty stomach. Makes a huge difference.

tobias 34 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSak
    I think the biggest problem is people not taking the pre on an empty stomach. Makes a huge difference.
    This and a lot of good pre workouts that use to be great are coming out with new formulas which suck or just taking out some key ingredients.

I had the same problem they worked great in the beginning but then just stopped rather then keep spending a ton of money i tried something else I'm sure it's not healthy but neither is any pre work out .. 2 asprin crushed up and a spoon full of coffee I use cafe bustello.. Works amazing for me ..

JohnnyClutch is offline Junior Member
    I had the same problem. Anyone tried Adrenal reset? I found it at nutrishop but you can probably find it online as well. I discontinued my preworkout, took adrenal reset for a month, and now i feel coffee even does the trick for me.

gmantheman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyClutch View Post
    I had the same problem. Anyone tried Adrenal reset? I found it at nutrishop but you can probably find it online as well. I discontinued my preworkout, took adrenal reset for a month, and now i feel coffee even does the trick for me.
    If you took a month off from caffeine/preworkout then there was no need to take the adrenal rest. I take an adrenal supplement every so often along with my preworkout and I find I still usually get a kick.

JohnnyClutch is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmantheman View Post
    If you took a month off from caffeine/preworkout then there was no need to take the adrenal rest.
    I dont know about that gman, Ive gone up to 3 or 4 months without any caffeine/preworkout and i still wouldn't feel a thing when going back on preworkout.

skaz915 is offline Member
    Not trying to be captain obvious but if they don't work, stop buying them. Eat a good meal a few hours before the gym with some black coffee

LEO78 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rahulsingh265 View Post
    For me , L arginine+bcaa+creatine monohydrate works better than any other pre workout supp.....
    +caffeine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information