manky chops is offline Junior Member

Over-heating / high blood pressure? help pls?

hey first off sorry if im in the wrong place, please speak up if so

when I train in the afternoons after about 2 warm up sets my face is bright red and im sweating like mad just off casual warm ups to failure, by the 1st and 2nd working set its noticeable.

although it doesn't affect my focus or performance iv reached the point where I just don't care what I look like in the gym while working. but when I train with other people It looks like ive already smashed two hours of cardio compared to them..

only posting out of curiosity does any one else get a bright red face when working out, and have you found any tips or tricks or supps to help with over heating and looking flushed after doing only minimal effort in the gym..?

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Consult a doctor if you're concerned. I can't say it happens to me, you could just be unfit?

Blood pressure is a simple thing to check/monitor. Does your heart begin to race with sub-maximal effort as well?

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You'd have to see a doctor to get bloodwork and discuss your symptoms in detail. This could be nothing, genetics, or epigenetics. It could also be very serious too, diabetes can make you sweat, thyroid issues (which some of use induce purposely), or for me personally it could be anxiety.

I would say to check up on it if it's really bothering you but as long as you are sweating at appropriate times it is usually nothing to sweat

Now if you're sweating while laying on the couch in the ac then you may have a problem.

Oh goodness I'm sorry, I forgot all about the red face. That usually does stem from hypertension but it's also very common to see it in people of normal blood pressures.

Reddening of the skin in most cases in the gym is a temperature regulating mechanism and is normal.

Reiid13 is offline Member
    Hey man .... Are you a big beef cake like 300lbs, been working out for years etc ? If so could it just simply be because your pumping iron ? And a big lad .

I was watching a YT video and some dude was on a NIV machine ( non -invasive ventilation ) because he had sleep apnea , but he was a massive beef cake competing too

. Look at Kai green too , he sweats gallons when training and his red hoody is drenched !

Just a thought for fuel before everyone starts scaring you with all different medical stuff

The ventilation machine was a CPAP (Continuous positive airway pressure). But back to the topic, metabolic factors which this gentleman above me is alluding to does play a role in sweating, hence the thyroid issues as it regulates metabolic activity.

Muscle produces more heat than fat does but fat also insulates. I haven't read any studies directly related to this so it might be worth some research. Muscle holds more water so in theory, throwing in some chemistry which I'm terrible at, muscle should have a higher Q or C, I've seen both (specific heat).

( CPAP that's the one )

I just think that so far the person who has started the thread hasn't really given any details ( stats etc )

So before listing medical issues than can make him sweat buckets it would be better to get a understanding of where he is in his training , lifestyle and as I said stats .

Hey man you could have a infected toe and that could make you spike a temp , throw that into a workout and you have human combustion

Yeah you can webmd a stomach bug and end up self diagnosing Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDanger830
    Yeah you can webmd a stomach bug and end up self diagnosing Ebola.
    Hahaha

Thread Information