Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djgreen

Thread: Prohormone Concerns

s0cc3rf0r1if3 is offline New Member

Prohormone Concerns

What's goin on guys, I've never posted to a forum like this before, so please be patient with me. Once you read the first few sentences I know exactly what most of you will be thinking, but just bare with me please. I'm interested in doing one cycle of prohormones. I'm 20 years old. Yes, I am too young to do this. No, I have not made all of the natural gains that I can, I have not been overly dedicated to my training/diet until just recently, because I'm trying to break my poor diet/stagnant routine induced plateau. I KNOW that I should not be even thinking about using prohormones, I have no business doing so. I REALIZE that it is stupid of me to do so, I'm aware of the potential consequences and I'm aware that I have much more work to do in terms of pushing myself naturally to first build a solid base and to solidify my lifting/eating habits. Due to some recent events in my life, I, for the lack of a better way to say it, don't really give a **** about much anymore.

With that being said, I would appreciate it if you guys could refrain from commenting about how I'm just another stupid kid that doesn't know what he's doing, is trying to take a shortcut, and is going to end up hurting himself. While this may be true, I am aware, so there is no point in saying so.

As meaningless as this is to say, I am smart a smart kid, I have always been a very cautious person, especially when it comes to my body. I'm not going to go blindly into this. I have been researching for a long time, finding out exactly what I need to do and exactly what might happen and how to deal with it. Again, while I absolutely should not be considering prohormones, I'm old enough to make my own decisions and frankly, I will do what I want to regardless of what anyone says. I have many friends who have used prohormones multiple times, they have seen great results with minimal side effects. Perhaps the lack of side effects is from proper use, or perhaps they just got lucky, who knows.

***** Basically what I'm getting at is, with proper dosage, proper pct, proper excercise, and proper diet, REALISTICALLY (without just trying to scare me into not doing it), how much of a chance is there for some serious, long lasting side effects? I realize that this varies person to person, but is there really THAT much of a risk? While acne is one side possible effect that is obviously undesirable, my main concerns are gyno and depression / a huge decrease in libido / sexual performance. From what I understand, gyno can be prevented and even reversed when caught early, especially if it's a first and only cycle. What I'm most worried about is a noticeable loss in libido/sexual desire/performance, along with the emotional effects of having low test. Because I have been lacking in this area to begin with, whether it's due to mental or hormonal issues, I'm not sure, but I'm getting a blood test done in a few days which may help to explain. I know that once PCT is started, my natural test levels will be low, so a loss in libido is to be expected. But within a few weeks, they should return to normal. Will being young and most likely having relatively high levels of testosterone already reduce the length or severity of this? And while there is a CHANCE, is it really THAT LIKELY for me to experience a long term shut down?
    As I said, I have a few friends who have used prohormones multiple times with no problems, and they assure me that I'm being over dramatic and shouldn't worry as much, because most of the common knowledge about steroids /prohormones is biased, flawed, and blown out of proportion after being based upon a small number of bad outcomes. Maybe they're right, or maybe they're just ignorant young kids like myself, but that's why I've come here, in search of educated advice. So realistically, will I be fine, or am I really setting myself up for failure/disappointment/major negative side effects? Thank you to those who will respond rationally and will help me make an informed decision.
    Last edited by s0cc3rf0r1if3; 04-18-2015 at 05:01 AM.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    Don't do prohormones they are all the side affects with very little to none benefits, also I have heard several stories where people f***d up there hormones up for lifetime as a result of there use.
    956Vette likes this.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    also at your age you already have a lot of hormones in your body, so there is no need for steroids or anything

Reiid13 is offline Member
    Man I wish when I was 20 I could afford the £££££££ for pro hormones

KA24 is offline Junior Member
    I'm not sure where you are located, but given all of what you said about WHY you're doing this, I'm not going to go on about why you're making a mistake or shouldn't be doing anything. It's your body, you're old enough to make your own decisions.

With that said, after you've decided to go down this road (you've found this site obviously), do some reading and browsing. If your goals are exactly what you stated, prohormones are NOT the way to go. They just aren't. You can get much better results, and as you said, more STUDIED and UNBIASED results.

First hand, my first cycles were PHs. I thought I was doing everything right, did my reading, took advice from very trusted folks and went for it. It wasn't worth it.

Donnell is offline New Member
    Might as well go for AAS if u want to use anything, at the same time at 20 years old u would benefit more from dedicating urself to natural gains and adopting AAS 3-4 years down the line

Thread Information