Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thisAngelBites

Thread: Zinc amount

ssj4goku1992 is offline New Member

Zinc amount

Hi guys,

I have a question. I do not understand a few things about supplementation, and I am hoping that you guys can help me out here. (I asked the pharmacists at the local pharma but they had no idea about it...)

For example, I bought a bottle of Zinc tabs from GNC. It is written on the back of it like this:

Amount per serving-------------% Daily Value

Zinc (as Zinc Gluconate) 50 mg 333%

What does that mean? That I have 50 mg of Elemental Zinc FROM Zinc Gluconate? ( Meaning that I would have about 500-600 mg of Zinc Gluconate?)
    Or does that mean that I have 50 mg of Zinc Gluconate (Meaning that I would have about 7.5 mg of Elemental Zinc in it?)

Same with my Magnesium bottle from the same GNC.

Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide and Magnesium Gluconate)-----------250 mg.

Does that mean that I have 250 mg of Elemental Magnesium FROM Oxide and Gluconate? Or I have 250 mg of Oxide and Gluconate? Which would make my elemental magnesium dose lower?

Thanks for your answers.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ssj4goku1992
    Hi guys, I have a question. I do not understand a few things about supplementation, and I am hoping that you guys can help me out here. (I asked the pharmacists at the local pharma but they had no idea about it...) For example, I bought a bottle of Zinc tabs from GNC. It is written on the back of it like this: Amount per serving-------------% Daily Value Zinc (as Zinc Gluconate) 50 mg 333% What does that mean? That I have 50 mg of Elemental Zinc FROM Zinc Gluconate? ( Meaning that I would have about 500-600 mg of Zinc Gluconate?) Or does that mean that I have 50 mg of Zinc Gluconate (Meaning that I would have about 7.5 mg of Elemental Zinc in it?) Same with my Magnesium bottle from the same GNC. Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide and Magnesium Gluconate)-----------250 mg. Does that mean that I have 250 mg of Elemental Magnesium FROM Oxide and Gluconate? Or I have 250 mg of Oxide and Gluconate? Which would make my elemental magnesium dose lower? Thanks for your answers.
    Maybe I don't understand. Maybe this doesn't help.

Each serving of zinc is 50mg which is 333% of the total recommend daily allowance. So you are getting more than 3 times the amount you need in each serving. The serving could be one or two or 3. Depends on what the label indicates as the serving size.

Hello,

Thats's the question actually. Is there 50 mg of zinc in each tablet? Or is there 50 mg of ZINC GLUCONATE in each tablet? Which is a very different thing. 50 mg of Gluconate would mean that I get about 7.5 grams of real Zinc. Thats what I am asking. If anyone knows

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Maybe Austinite can chime in

I will try to look into it when I have a chance

I hope so... Austinite are you here?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    50mg of elemental zinc. Otherwise it would say Xmg zinc gluconate. 50 mg zinc (as gluconate) means 50 mg elemental.
    NACH3 likes this.

Thread Information