kenny3478 is offline Associate Member
    Hey Guys and Gals I have a protein powder here made by Optimum Nutrition it's high in calories and Carbs Cals 1250 Carbs 250g Protein 50g This is per serving Can you use the 250g carbs in this as your daily Macro intake and not have any other Carbs through the day during meals ? Any advice cheers all.
    Last edited by kenny3478; 07-31-2015 at 01:38 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    If you want but why wouldn't you want to eat real food? Supplements are supplements an should be used sparingly to hit your macro's where you struggle to with real food.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok cheers its for when I'm at work as I work offshore they only give us the food they put out
    So you can't always get your daily intake of your macros just wanted to know if it was ok to get
    It through Supplements.

It's hard work looking after your diet offshore when they control what you eat.

I'm heading home tomorrow night so will be able to hit my diet Macros you give me
    and also start getting some real cardio done I will post some pics after my 5weeks at home.

Cheers for the reply

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny3478 View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals I have a protein powder here made by Optimum Nutrition it's high in calories and Carbs Cals 1250 Carbs 250g Protein 50g This is per serving Can you use the 250g carbs in this as your daily Macro intake and not have any other Carbs through the day during meals ? Any advice cheers all.
    Look at the ingredients...If it's things like oats and yams then maybe it's not the worse thing in the world..But yet you still have the problem with portioning..If you want let's say 3,000 cals/day..And you want 5-6 meals over the corse of the day...200+g/protein..1,200 calorie shake with only 50g protein will be detrimental imo...Why don't you get a powder that has like 25g protein 5 carb 1.5 fat or something,, ? That's under 200 cals... WAY EASIER to portion and you know you're getting at least a decent quality product..

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    The carbs come from Maltodextrin which is a crap carbohydrate source. I am guessing you bought Serious Mass?

5 to 1 ratio of Carbs to Protein makes that product a waste of money.

Yes I bought that one it was a rush when I bought it I was heading back to work
    so popped into London to grab a big bag and that was the only 5kg bag they had
    I never stopped to check the content as I was rushing for my flights.

Like I said it's hard to stick to your Macros on a vessel offshore
    as the cook makes and puts the food out so what ever is there
    unfortunately that's what we have to eat so was the making
    Some enquiries on that bag I bought cos I only used a little
    bit of it and I'm wanting to finish it on my next trip so it's not wasted.

Cheers

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    Yes I bought that one it was a rush when I bought it I was heading back to work
    so popped into London to grab a big bag and that was the only 5kg bag they had
    I never stopped to check the content as I was rushing for my flights.

Like I said it's hard to stick to your Macros on a vessel offshore
    as the cook makes and puts the food out so what ever is there
    unfortunately that's what we have to eat so was the making
    Some enquiries on that bag I bought cos I only used a little
    bit of it and I'm wanting to finish it on my next trip so it's not wasted.

Cheers
    My bad brother I missed the part about you working offshore. If you have it and want to use it to meet your macros until you finish it that is fine. I would suggest if you are not already split the serving in half and have it twice during the day. Something like in the morning and post workout or pre-workout and post workout.

Na it's ok mate I was only really having half serving after my training as I didn't like calorie content, but over the last 4weeks I never used it.

The only source or carbs I can get my hands on is Pasta, Alpen Morning Cereal and Oats can probably get it from other foods but that means eating shit food so defeating the object there that's why I thought I could get some from this bag a bought.

I can get plenty Chicken,Pork,Beef for protein as for my fats I have to bring bags of Cashew Nuts and Almonds with me.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    That's a weight gainer,,,,not just a protein powder.

SandraGa is offline New Member
    The 1 g protein will always have constant source of calorie i.e. around 4. So if you are to take natural protein, there are not many option for you. So you may look for some protein supplements.

Thread Information