Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Best supplements for muscular endurance

boostjunkie09 is offline Junior Member

Best supplements for muscular endurance

Looking for the best supplements to increase muscular endurance. I've always had good lungs and power, but struggle with stamina.

Other then beta alanine. Does anyone have any suggestions for a boxing/ mma regiment for increased endurance?

Blog Entries
    Do more endurance exercises to increase type 1 fibers.

Reduce fatigue with caffeine and don't forget to carb load.

Short of doing cocaine, I don't think you will find a magic supplement for your question.

Maybe Austinite will chime in he's the supplements expert, but that's my take on it.

-Cheers

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Creatine and citrulline malate.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Creatine and citrulline malate.
    What about combining Argenine w/your above supps, Bona? It'll open up his veins/blood vessels moreso, as well?!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    What about combining Argenine w/your above supps, Bona? It'll open up his veins/blood vessels moreso, as well?!
    And how does that help endurance?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    And how does that help endurance?
    Not too sure - why I asked... Plus it's used in conjunction w/citruline most of the time, coupled together it may help open his blood vessels for more blood flow?

Exercise already causes peripheral vasodilation. I doubt that anyone's lack of endurance is due to a lack of vasodilation.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Try APS Mesomorph. Some STRONG stuff!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Or you could always use cobalt chloride hexahydrate....if you don't mind issues like heart failure and it being a suspected carcinogen :-)

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3) can be used as a buffer to increase the pH and nullify a portion of lactic acid accretions in our muscle cells (myocytes). I know it's alkali properties have been investigated on numerous occasions, but it can be dangerous if someone ignorantly ingests a large quantity due to it's high sodium content. There is always the alternative using Potassium Bicarbonate, but it's not anymore safe to say the least bit. It's improvement would probably be pretty minor, but it could be that extra boost to fight further through the pain when your working out....?

L-Citrulline would always be superior to L-Arginine supplementation especially in a intense form of physical activities. L-Arginine ends up being channeled off following oral consumption and subject to first-pass digestive activities, but L-Citrulline bypasses first-pass and freely interacts with alll cells. This results in an increase to the Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) catalyses resulting in greater Nitric Oxide synthesis due to the increased capacity, but it's allocated and stored until a form of stimuli had capable strength to meet the action potential. Only thing I never understood about L-Citrulline is what the roughly remaining 20% contribute to considering 80% of L-Citrulline is converted to L-Arginine for NO synthesis....

Or why some supplement with both amino acids? There is a point at which NO and NOS concentration can become highly reactive oxidizers disrupting catalyses and could increase the rate of protein oxidation.

UPDATE: Correcting my previous interpretation though I'm still a little confused as to why you would necessarily benefit from a creatine supplement if you are taking L-Citrulline as well. I did find some data that disproves my original belief on the inevitably of oxidative stress and possibly damage. In regular circumstances any reactive oxidative species can turn from helpful to stressful if the reactivity becomes too strong from acute over-consumption. On the contrary, a study determined that L-Citrulline oral supplementation prior to cycling (6G L-Citrulline-Malate) allows for a substantial increase to the bioavailability of L-Arginine for NOS catalyses. There was a secondary comparative analysis of neutrophil priming (PNS-Polymorphonuclear Neutrophil designed for precisive inflammatory/oxidative stress or tissue destruction) in conjunction with cycling and the supplemented group had a post-cycling nitric concentration that was modestly elevated along with the placebo, but upon further examination it was absent of any oxidative damage along with no progression to DNA degradation. http://www.pubfacts.com/detail/19585...e-burst-and-ni

Stimulants are just providing a psychological illusion to mask the fatique. I wouldn't even dabble in that category considering how structurally simillar some of these "proprietary" compounds are to the Phenethylamine family or it's mocking family the Cathinones. Just don't even go there. I'd throw in any Beta Receptor Family agonist as well just for good cause.
    Last edited by Splifton; 11-27-2015 at 06:22 AM.

Thread Information