Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 73rr
  • 1 Post By hellomycognomen

Thread: Casein VS Whey help please I'm kinda confused

here2grow is offline Junior Member

Question Casein VS Whey help please I'm kinda confused

Don't laugh at me lol But its my first time to ever buy Casein night release powder, A friend told me to buy some casein powder and to take it before bed time (I normally just eat chicken and cottage cheese late at night)

Now I got this casein powder delivered today I bought 10kg of it for $200+ But it looks all clumpy and DOES not look like my whey powder... Does all casein powder look like sh!t and not mix to well??

I want to ask on here before I email the supplier and tell him wtf is this haha
    I always buy my whey powder from him and its always perfect & easy to mix..

Thanks for any help guys

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If I put my Casein and Whey side by side you wouldn't be able to tell. Sounds like maybe yours had some moisture build up inside or something.
    Mine is smooth out of the bucket and mixes equally smooth as the whey

fxrjuiceman is offline Associate Member
    ^Ya their both powder bro look the same

RunMeOver2 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RigPig View Post
    If I put my Casein and Whey side by side you wouldn't be able to tell. Sounds like maybe yours had some moisture build up inside or something.
    Mine is smooth out of the bucket and mixes equally smooth as the whey
    I agree with this. They look the same but casein mixes I think a little heavier tasting

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    They look the same. But side note that I now ppl are going to disagree on bUT I stopped buying casein and just do a scoop of whey at night. Nothing changed for me what's so ever. So if your tight on money or just don't want to spend that much just go with whey
    novastepp likes this.

prank is offline New Member
    You should not be able to tell the difference. there shouldn't be any clumping

Roger11 is offline Member
    All clumping aside, you wasted your money, should have just gotton a pure whey protein, there is no difference between casein and whey, this slow release stuff is just marketing hype bullshit. You will not notice any difference, it does not stop you going from going catabolic blah blah. Just bro sceince talk.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes you get what you pay for. Always buy from a reputable company. I prefer to also buy in normal size portions that way my next batch is fresh. -Cheers

Thanks guys for the replies and No money is not the issue, I couldn't care less about the money for protein, I love protein shakes its like a cupcake for me hahah.
    I'm a solid believer of whey shakes before and after workouts but it just doesn't work for me at night time and I needed something to stop cravings at night..

I'm happy it seems to work, I didn't wake up at 3-4am for midnight cravings last night. That's a first time in awhile, I had 2 before bed and was fine.

Its just the way its made and really crushed down like thin dust so it looks clumpy, But then crushes into dust when I touch it. It tastes like nutella & looks like nutella if i add 2-3 scoops to 1 glass of milk

BTW I put the wrong mix in.... Its one scoop so 33 grams to 250ml of milk, But me the idiot is so used to adding 2 scoops of whey to 250ml of milk.

All 10kg came in single 1kg double sealed bags with half clear see through packaging so they are fresh and all look the same...every single bag.

But this blend is some micellar casein.. Some poshed up version of bullshit lol I copied and pasted what the supplier has writing in the item description.
    (((((It has a very smooth, creamy consistency that tastes like a real chocolate milkshake. Not to be confused with caseinates which are made using manufacturing processes which can denature the protein. The protein found in our night release supplement is completely natural and unaltered by such things as heat and chemicals.)))))

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by here2grow View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies and No money is not the issue, I couldn't care less about the money for protein, I love protein shakes its like a cupcake for me hahah.
    I'm a solid believer of whey shakes before and after workouts but it just doesn't work for me at night time and I needed something to stop cravings at night.
    Here's a very interesting study on nutrient timing you might find useful by Brad Schoenfeld, PhD.

http://www.jissn.com/content/pdf/1550-2783-10-5.pdf

-Cheers
    here2grow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    Here's a very interesting study on nutrient timing you might find useful by Brad Schoenfeld, PhD.

http://www.jissn.com/content/pdf/1550-2783-10-5.pdf

-Cheers
    Thanks champ, I saved it on my phone to read it before I fall asleep

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    Sometimes you get what you pay for. Always buy from a reputable company. I prefer to also buy in normal size portions that way my next batch is fresh. -Cheers
    That's most definitely true when it comes to protein. Cheap brands use inferior protein sources which can cause stomach discomfort,,bloat,,,gas...ETC..
    I only use Whey Isolate myself.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger11 View Post
    All clumping aside, you wasted your money, should have just gotton a pure whey protein, there is no difference between casein and whey, this slow release stuff is just marketing hype bullshit. You will not notice any difference, it does not stop you going from going catabolic blah blah. Just bro sceince talk.
    Casein does digest slower than whey. That's not bro science, it is science.

But don't get pissed just yet. Whey is superior to whey in many ways.

Most notably in that it promotes more muscular protein synthesis than casein protein and contains more leucine, which is scientifically the amino acid that itself can begin and continue protein synthesis after training. So go with whey.

bigjohnny1 is offline New Member
    Whey works good, been getting results on it for years. Casein I feel like it's an over rated supplement > fat free cottage cheese would do it. Also If you want an extra boost in gaining some muscle I would suggest getting some legal steroids, I tried them before, helped me gain some muscle man. They help, but don't kid yourself they are not the real deal. It's an alternative to the real stuff, at least as they claim. All goes back to you man, best of luck!
    Last edited by bigjohnny1; 03-09-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Thread Information