Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Scorpion0922
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Ashop
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Is it necessary to take supplements for muscle strength?

thejohnsonjack9 is offline New Member

Is it necessary to take supplements for muscle strength?

Is it necessary to take supplements for muscle strength? If yes, can any one guide me, to take which supplement and how much?

Scorpion0922 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes and no.

A lot of crap is just clever advertising.

You gave posted ZERO information about yourself and goals so it's impossible to answer. At the very least everyone should take a multi vitamin, BCAA's, & glutamine.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agree with Scorp but would add Creatine to the list.

Whey and Oats while not a supplement is a really easy source of quickly available protein and carbs in that order, so for many particularly those on a tight schedule looking to supplement clean calories a combination of the two (two scoops whey and a half cup oats ground to the consistency of flour in a coffee mill) just after workouts is hard to beat IMHO

Keep in mind that normal meals are the best sources of nutrition so the above drink should only be taken once per day...eh maybe twice but I prefer once.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Agree with Scorp but would add Creatine to the list.

Whey and Oats while not a supplement is a really easy source of quickly available protein and carbs in that order, so for many particularly those on a tight schedule looking to supplement clean calories a combination of the two (two scoops whey and a half cup oats ground to the consistency of flour in a coffee mill) just after workouts is hard to beat IMHO

Keep in mind that normal meals are the best sources of nutrition so the above drink should only be taken once per day...eh maybe twice but I prefer once.
    I'm an easy gainer naturals so I keep my carbs mainly to pre and post workouts. If and when I do eat carbs any other time of the day it's usually wheat bread or oatmeal so it can give me that slow burning long lasting fuel. I.e anything that is slow digesting crabs so it's not converted into sugar right away and stored as fat like white breads will do if your not using it as fuel for Amy workouts outs etc. . So after working out I like to have some white bread for carbs or something that can be converted to sugar fast for the insulin spike for a vehicle to the muscle for all the other macros.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-04-2016 at 10:07 PM.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Creatine and a good whey protein, other than those two. Consistent training and a good diet are key.
    KINGKONG and Marsoc like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0922 View Post
    Yes and no.

A lot of crap is just clever advertising.

You gave posted ZERO information about yourself and goals so it's impossible to answer. At the very least everyone should take a multi vitamin, BCAA's, & glutamine.
    Like scorpion said supplements are mostly for people trying to get big without working..if someone knew how much effort it takes to look like the guy on the supplement container they would prob give up because it's not worth it to them to put in that much work..I don't use ANYTHING besides whey and caffeine pre workout and lots and lots of FOOD the most important thing!!

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Thank you!
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thejohnsonjack9 View Post
    Is it necessary to take supplements for muscle strength? If yes, can any one guide me, to take which supplement and how much?
    No its not mandatory to take supplements especially if your diet is great.
    Mr.BB likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Creatine and a good whey protein,
    I dont see any advantage in taking creatine, in fact if you prone to hairloss you should avoid it altogether.

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-baldness.html

On-topic, I like BCAAs intraworkout and the ocasional whey shake, not essential but nice to have available.

Adding another topic, the most useless supplement: pre-workouts!
    Last edited by Mr.BB; 09-06-2016 at 02:30 AM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    I dont see any advantage in taking creatine, in fact if you prone to hairloss you should avoid it altogether.

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-baldness.html

On-topic, I like BCAAs intraworkout and the ocasional whey shake, not essential but nice to have available.

Adding another topic, the most useless supplement: pre-workouts!
    I honestly cannot tolerate most of the preworkouts. They don't do my heart right at all. I can literally tell that when my pulse gets fairly high, the left bundle branch block pretty much has my heart in more of a "quivering" rhythm.
    A tablespoon or two of instant coffee in some whey and oats generally is gracious plenty for me. These guys that take phentermine HCl pre-lift blow my mind.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-06-2016 at 06:36 AM.
    Mr.BB likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information