Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Kratom...anyone know or use this?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries

Kratom...anyone know or use this?

I had someone approach me about selling this in my business. I sell a fair amount of supplements and nutricueticals. I have actually never heard of this stuff. I guess it's legal and is a plant in the Coffee tree family. Anyone familiar? Or use it for pain relief???
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never used it before but I have heard many good things about it,,,and also some negatives. Some claim its a miracle worker for pain issues and there are several different 'strains' for different effects. I know some areas its illegal to sell/ship.

We just put a new product up on our website. It is a Special Mixed Kratom Blend. Check it out! I have personally tested it.. and I love it.
    JoeSvhmoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I have never used it before but I have heard many good things about it,,,and also some negatives. Some claim its a miracle worker for pain issues and there are several different 'strains' for different effects. I know some areas its illegal to sell/ship.
    I just tried it out, it worked pretty well for me. I tore a muscle off my spine and it balls up and hurts pretty bad. It really seem to help relax that muscle and it helped for days. Way better than pain pills or muscle relaxers.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience

I just tried it out, it worked pretty well for me. I tore a muscle off my spine and it balls up and hurts pretty bad. It really seem to help relax that muscle and it helped for days. Way better than pain pills or muscle relaxers.
    Which did you use?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Which did you use?
    I think it was Bali gold strain?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    red vein thai did me the best (to my surprise). also enjoy green indo as of late. interesting how the differing strains and dosage make all the difference. what I like is that it is not habit forming (for me) in the least - I will forget I have a stockpile on the shelf and one day the mood will strike (or an injury will occur where I would certainly opt for kratom over ibuprofen).

Blog Entries
    The secret, from my novice knowledge/experience, is that you need to provide the premium kratom powder in encapsulated form, within the 000...largest size possible - those who punish themselves by oral consumption or attempt to mask the taste = fail (just my .02).

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    red vein thai did me the best (to my surprise). also enjoy green indo as of late. interesting how the differing strains and dosage make all the difference. what I like is that it is not habit forming (for me) in the least - I will forget I have a stockpile on the shelf and one day the mood will strike (or an injury will occur where I would certainly opt for kratom over ibuprofen).
    LOL, I feel like we're analyzing strains of weed, not that there is anything wrong with that.
    I would love to see a non-biased writeup on this that encompassed basic starting doses, etc., especially if it is a non- habit forming substance. There are times that I need Nsaids and relaxers and then there are times that I think something less would do the trick.
    RaginCajun and 956Vette like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    LOL, I feel like we're analyzing strains of weed, not that there is anything wrong with that.
    I would love to see a non-biased writeup on this that encompassed basic starting doses, etc., especially if it is a non- habit forming substance. There are times that I need Nsaids and relaxers and then there are times that I think something less would do the trick.
    Ha right? I looked like an odd duck walking into the vape shop I got it at. I will say the stuff is way better than taking pain pills, i fucking hate taking them. Sometimes I hurt so bad I just lay in bed. Rather than take that poison shit...

I'm going to have to hit the head shop...error, vape supply store or go online and order a small quantity of this to try it. I had a partial tear in my lower spinal erectors a little over a decade ago and from time to.time, it will knot up and stay locked in a spasm. I'm scripted Voltaren tabs and Flexeril to.use whenever needed and don't mind taking them when necessary. However, I would like to try something that would be easier on the liver, etc.
    Actually, I'm sitting on one of those shiatsu pad doohickeys that goes in a chair right now. I'm past due for a deep tissue session, just waiting for the pretty massage lady to text me back to set up an appointment.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Ha right? I looked like an odd duck walking into the vape shop I got it at. I will say the stuff is way better than taking pain pills, i fucking hate taking them. Sometimes I hurt so bad I just lay in bed. Rather than take that poison shit...
    i have a bud that loves him some kratom

he is pretty addicted to it, or at least to the feeling.

says he switches up brands to get different effects, so kind of like AG said, comparing it to cannabis

good thread MS as i am looking for things to help out with muscle tension/tightness

i may just have to try some for this purpose

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    good thread MS as i am looking for things to help out with muscle tension/tightness

i may just have to try some for this purpose
    Please post your results if you end up giving it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    I think it was Bali gold strain?
    there are lots of different ones. I'll check with my buddy and let you know what does what
    almostgone likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well if it works for pain that good.Then you can bet the FDA will get involved beacuse they will lose money.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Well if it works for pain that good.Then you can bet the FDA will get involved beacuse they will lose money.
    I heard they are trying to already
    almostgone likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    They are as useful as the IOC!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I heard they are trying to already
    I hope not, it's literally the only thing that has helped me without nasty side effect or the risk of dependency. I have tried every thing from trigger point injections, nerve ablation, dry needling, PT, even considered a mid back fusion. Literally every pharmaceutical known to man.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    Please post your results if you end up giving it a go.
    will do in my thread.

just don't have the extra cash to spend at the moment

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I hope not, it's literally the only thing that has helped me without nasty side effect or the risk of dependency. I have tried every thing from trigger point injections, nerve ablation, dry needling, PT, even considered a mid back fusion. Literally every pharmaceutical known to man.
    Dont fear the fusion. It changed my life, I was on tons of pain killers, and not doing good. Got the fusion done quit seeing the doctor giving me the pills, and nownim back to training. If you have any questions about the process just pm me. I tried most everything that you did, one advantage you have is you haven't resorted to using poison (painkillers).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    Dont fear the fusion. It changed my life, I was on tons of pain killers, and not doing good. Got the fusion done quit seeing the doctor giving me the pills, and nownim back to training. If you have any questions about the process just pm me. I tried most everything that you did, one advantage you have is you haven't resorted to using poison (painkillers).
    thanks man, appreciate it!

Blog Entries
    I'm doing really well with this stuff. I take it once maybe twice a week and it really seems to keep my pain way down and keep my muscle from knotting up. Only problem is its expensive and I'm have been told to find a powder form of it. Currently I get it in capsule form.
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    I'm doing really well with this stuff. I take it once maybe twice a week and it really seems to keep my pain way down and keep my muscle from knotting up. Only problem is its expensive and I'm have been told to find a powder form of it. Currently I get it in capsule form.
    Expensive? You should be able to get a local kilo of it for ~$150. Dirt cheap....

Expensive? You should be able to get a local kilo of it for ~$150. Dirt cheap....
    recommend any websites for it?

i am thinking about giving it a go for all of my tight ass tendons and muscles. i have knots all over my body!

Blog Entries
    Ha, no it's much more expensive than that locally unfortunately. :-(

That's a very inexpensive price for sure.

Anybdoy looking for good kratom I have used mile high kratom, and im no expert but the product seems great. The best so far is the green vein indo. They have a sampler pack which is 7 ounce for 60 dollars. MuscleScience try the private reserve green indo, it should work wonders for you. They also have concentrated resins, and leaf that is mixed with the resins. Im not affiliated with mile high kratom, I just used them for one order so far, and will probably be placing another order soon.

There prices are higher than some other places but a friend recommended them to me. I have only used it a handful of times, and my first purchase I went in with my buddy on an order. I didn't want a couple ounces of something I didnt like. A kilo is around 180-200 dollars, but you can get 8 ounces for 60-80 dollars.

I would also limit use, because it can cause opiate like addiction from what I have read about it.
    956Vette likes this.

Blog Entries
    Anybdoy looking for good kratom I have used mile high kratom, and im no expert but the product seems great. The best so far is the green vein indo. They have a sampler pack which is 7 ounce for 60 dollars. MuscleScience try the private reserve green indo, it should work wonders for you. They also have concentrated resins, and leaf that is mixed with the resins. Im not affiliated with mile high kratom, I just used them for one order so far, and will probably be placing another order soon.

There prices are higher than some other places but a friend recommended them to me. I have only used it a handful of times, and my first purchase I went in with my buddy on an order. I didn't want a couple ounces of something I didnt like. A kilo is around 180-200 dollars, but you can get 8 ounces for 60-80 dollars.

I would also limit use, because it can cause opiate like addiction from what I have read about it.
    I also recommend this company and have found benefit from the green indo (also liked the red thai...not liking a couple others...). They are run by good folks (from the bb'ing community) who run sales/promotions...this is one reason I value their service. Not being one who necessarily enjoys opiates, I often forget I even have it on the shelf - I find it to not be habit forming in the least (just one opinion, your mileage may vary).

I also recommend this company and have found benefit from the green indo (also liked the red thai...not liking a couple others...). They are run by good folks (from the bb'ing community) who run sales/promotions...this is one reason I value their service. Not being one who necessarily enjoys opiates, I often forget I even have it on the shelf - I find it to not be habit forming in the least (just one opinion, your mileage may vary).
    I dont beleive it would be habit forming for me.but I have read that some people end up addicted to it.

I've been reading on this and the consensus seems to be that as long as it is unadulterated Kratom, there is no chance of throwing a false positive on a 5 panel urinalysis. Does anyone have an experience showing otherwise?

Blog Entries
    I dont beleive it would be habit forming for me.but I have read that some people end up addicted to it.
    Thanks Stone for the recommendation.

I have found that I have no desire to take this stuff unless my muscle is balled up bad and I hurt like hell. Where as with pain meds, if I felt even the slighted bit of pain I would take some. The funny thing about pain meds, it did actually help reduce pain much at all.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    can be a useful tool but use with caution, it might not be an outright opiod but it works on same parts of brain and has related addiction tendency's as well. I have a few strains of it but rarely use it, prefer medical cannabis, safer. but kratom is not exactly the same, makes more zombie like IMO, i feel my IQ drop when i have taken it. ( i have alot of spinal/back issues.
    956Vette likes this.

Blog Entries

I ordered a small batch of indo today, we shall see how it goes.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    This is a great conversation fellas... I've been looking into this as well for my shoulder pain - and I'm going to try this - thanks for starting this thread MS... Very informative - lemme know how you get on MS!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    This is a great conversation fellas... I've been looking into this as well for my shoulder pain - and I'm going to try this - thanks for starting this thread MS... Very informative - lemme know how you get on MS!!
    So far in doing great on it. I have not had to refill any of my pain medications. Typically I would have a bad flare up and would have to do a whole ton of different therapies and sometimes hardcore meds to calm it down and not suffer. I use to avoid my workouts because that was a trigger especially doing any time of workout that would load my mid spine like squat or dead lift. Even doing bench or pull-ups could trigger a flare up.

Now I can just workout without much fear of having a debilitating flare up. If I do feel it starting to go, I can take it and be fine.
    NACH3 likes this.

Muscle Sci, have you seen any solid proof that Kratom would show as a false positive for opiates on a 5 panel urinalysis? I saw just a few scattered incidents, but going by the way the info was presented, I was inclined to think that the people in question had actually used opiates or purchased Kratom adulterated with some form of an opiate.
    Edit: I would love to give this stuff a try but also have to maintain my employment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Muscle Sci, have you seen any solid proof that Kratom would show as a false positive for opiates on a 5 panel urinalysis? I saw just a few scattered incidents, but going by the way the info was presented, I was inclined to think that the people in question had actually used opiates or purchased Kratom adulterated with some form of an opiate.
    Edit: I would love to give this stuff a try but also have to maintain my employment.
    From what I understand, the two main active compounds are not chemically similar to opioids as they are alkaloids. Even though they activate the mu-opoide receptor. I think the only way you would test positive is if it were contaminated.

Gracias, MuscleSci. That was the impression I had, but wanted to get more input. Might have to make test purchase of some Kratom.

TKS
    TKS is offline New Member
    You guys want kratom at a great price, I can point you to it.
    Last edited by TKS; 08-27-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information