Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: TAG and BCAA's question

Boomhauer is offline New Member

TAG and BCAA's question

A little while back I got some good advice on supplements. Some senior guys here directed me to TAG & BCAA's (can't find the thread now), which I promptly bought, and have incorporated into every workout. Using the Metabolic Nutrition brand TAG, and Scivation brand Xtend mango flavor, both excellent.

Question is, I forgot when to use them. Basically I pop a bottled water, and put one scoop of each in the bottle, shake, and sip on that throughout every workout.

Immediately after putting down the last weight, I eat a piece of fruit, and exactly a half hour after that I load with chicken, salmon, steak, or eggs, etc...

Any advice on how I could better tweak this supplement regimein would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Had never heard of TAG until reading this thread.

Nothing wrong with the way you're doing things. That's probably what I would do.

My fruit of choice in that situation has always been pineapple.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
    A little while back I got some good advice on supplements. Some senior guys here directed me to TAG & BCAA's (can't find the thread now), which I promptly bought, and have incorporated into every workout. Using the Metabolic Nutrition brand TAG, and Scivation brand Xtend mango flavor, both excellent.

Question is, I forgot when to use them. Basically I pop a bottled water, and put one scoop of each in the bottle, shake, and sip on that throughout every workout.

Immediately after putting down the last weight, I eat a piece of fruit, and exactly a half hour after that I load with chicken, salmon, steak, or eggs, etc...

Any advice on how I could better tweak this supplement regimein would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    I take pro bcaa plus glutamine. By optimum nutrition.
    I mix it up in the morning to sip on during class for 3 hours for muscle fuel, preservation and repair etc.
    then I mix some up with some Gatorade as well and water and drink during a training session
    And then I mix some bcaa powder and sip it during the night and when I wake up etc. for my muscle to feed on during that long period of time with no food when sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post

Thanks!
    PS: aside from my fish oil and multi vitamin and bcaa etc.
    I take whey isolate. It's "the right meal for the right time ". Sort of thing. Just because it fast digesting protein. I take 20grams before a session and 40grams roughly ASAP after a session and when in a hurry I'll have a shake for breakfast. But I like solid food in my belly way more in the morning. Keeps me fuller. . Starts recovery ASAP pre and post WO when the muscles are absorbing and taking in macros for repair. I sometimes eat a bag of gummy snacks post workout made with dextrose since it's a fast absorbing sugar. Insulin spike. When bulking.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-02-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Eating fruit or any carb or fat immediately after exercise will blunt the post exercise GH release.

Wait 30 minutes before eating.
    Marsoc and KMais like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Eating fruit or any carb or fat immediately after exercise will blunt the post exercise GH release.

Wait 30 minutes before eating.
    Right on. After my post WO shake and what not. I ususaly wait an hour till I can't stomach some solid meal. I hate vanilla shakes. Makes me nauses sometimes.
    Like choco way better. Cookies and cream or so

Thread Information