Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By solit1ea
  • 1 Post By Couchlock
  • 1 Post By Couchlock

Thread: Supplements

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Supplements

Am trying to benchmark my supplements. I am looking for the supplements used off cycle, bulking cycle and cutting cycle. I want to make sure that I am not outdated.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Am trying to benchmark my supplements. I am looking for the supplements used off cycle, bulking cycle and cutting cycle. I want to make sure that I am not outdated.
    You looking for oct stuff?

I swear by a few. Potasium, magnesium, multi-vit, cla, b-complex, and a good herbal thing such as vitamin shop PYTHON or green tea fat burner.

MToption2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Potasium
    99mg K capsules?

Quote Originally Posted by MToption2 View Post

99mg K capsules?
    Yeah. Why no good?

Yeah. Why no good?
    Not knocking you for it but 1 avocado has ~975mg of K, 13g fiber, and 29g fat.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    This is why you don't need a multi vitamin if you eat healthy.

solit1ea is offline Junior Member
    While I get what you are saying, but eating this isn't always practical. Not very many people can a) find Avovado's year round (me for example), b) eat the same shit over and over and over and over and..., c) thats quite a bit of fats coming from one source. So most people, this can be 50% of their total fat intake for the day if sticking to a low fat diet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a total advocate of whole, natural foods and getting your nutrients from that. But they are called supplements for a reason, and this would be a good reason to supplement K+.
    Marsoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post

This is why you don't need a multi vitamin if you eat healthy.
    I eat them a lot actually, avocado. I did not know they have that much DAMN fat. I thought more lie 15g or so.

So 2 avos would be my limit for fat?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I eat them a lot actually, avocado. I did not know they have that much DAMN fat. I thought more lie 15g or so.

It really depends on the mass of your avocados.

I usually eat about 200g of avocado in a meal, that's usually one normal sized berry.

200g of avocado has roughly 360 calories 30f/18c/4p

I had to look it up but they're not that high in vitamin K as previously quoted, 42mcg in 200g.

The recommended dose of vitamin K for adults is 120mcg/d.

I eat them a lot actually, avocado.
    Oh..ok then lol. Bulk potassium citrate is also available.

I didn't know you were on a low fat diet...double "oh ok then"

Quote Originally Posted by solit1ea View Post
    b) eat the same shit over and over and over and over
    For me, this was true with plain avocado, but once I started mashing it up with soy sauce and a single liquid stevia drop...yum forever

c) thats quite a bit of fats coming from one source.
    Well, 70% of the fat is mono. Besides, how many athletes are on a low fat diet?

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    I had to look it up but they're not that high in vitamin K as previously quoted, 42mcg in 200g.
    Sorry, in this context, K=Potassium. Not vitamin K.
    Last edited by MToption2; 02-27-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member

Hell yeah dude , that's what they are known for ..good fat. The oil is good,for,cooking

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    All I take is full spectrum Alaskan sockeye salmon oil, sport multi vitamin, whey isolate, bcaa+glutamine, MCT oil n coconut oil.

solit1ea is offline Junior Member
    Its not the fact that they are on a "low fat" diet, per se, but the overall % from fat. To say "athlete diet" is putting them in a BIG group. Marathon runners will not (should not) eat the same macro breakdown as say a sprinter or a soccer player. Marathon runners have higher fat diets because of what they are training for and doing. I believe the same goes for weight lifters, to an extent.

I guess I too fault myself in saying low fat diet, presumably I was thinking most of us lead a high protein, moderate carb and low fat diet. We surely don't want to fall below 20% of total fats from diet (at least not for a long time) and going too high (without dropping carbs or proteins) isn't good either. Both can play a role in hormonal imbalances.

This is what I meant for saying what I stated: Say we had someone around 2000 calories (leaning out, competition, what have you). 20% is already 44g of fat and one avocado is already more than half. I was looking at it this way more or less. But I agree, avocado's are great sources of fat, fiber, AND potassium.

Its not the fact that they are on a "low fat" diet, per se, but the overall % from fat. To say "athlete diet" is putting them in a BIG group. Marathon runners will not (should not) eat the same macro breakdown as say a sprinter or a soccer player. Marathon runners have higher fat diets because of what they are training for and doing. I believe the same goes for weight lifters, to an extent.

I guess I too fault myself in saying low fat diet, presumably I was thinking most of us lead a high protein, moderate carb and low fat diet. We surely don't want to fall below 20% of total fats from diet (at least not for a long time) and going too high (without dropping carbs or proteins) isn't good either. Both can play a role in hormonal imbalances.

This is what I meant for saying what I stated: Say we had someone around 2000 calories (leaning out, competition, what have you). 20% is already 44g of fat and one avocado is already more than half. I was looking at it this way more or less. But I agree, avocado's are great sources of fat, fiber, AND potassium.
    I will just try and smoke some avocado then. Lol jk

I guess a lot of mono can't hurt a diet
    solit1ea likes this.

wellshii is offline Member
    I stick with essentials .
    Fish oil as well as EPA on its own.
    Multivitamin(garden of life)
    Vitamin D(have been low on in the past)
    Zince and magnesium
    B-complex (bio avail forms)
    Kelp(iodine)
    Choline as well (alpha gpc) when egg content is low.
    Some anti-oxidants( tumeric powder,blueberry extract thrown into a organic fruit and spinach shake)
    Whey and carbs post workout(extrac calories being my main reason)
    Casein now and then if I am lacking in the calories department alont with hempseed,1 percent milk,cocoa powder,fruit or oats.
    I eat as much fruit and veggies as I can handle as well whether its in my eggs,
    shake,etc etc.
    Although my needs may be met by diet, I prefer to be safe since I do workout and there are days where my diet isnt totally balanced.
    I balance as a whole,and add a supp that day if it was not met by diet.
    Sounds expensive but really isnt considering I buy in bulk and people spend more money on mcdonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    I stick with essentials .
    Fish oil as well as EPA on its own.
    Multivitamin(garden of life)
    Vitamin D(have been low on in the past)
    Zince and magnesium
    B-complex (bio avail forms)
    Kelp(iodine)
    Choline as well (alpha gpc) when egg content is low.
    Some anti-oxidants( tumeric powder,blueberry extract thrown into a organic fruit and spinach shake)
    Whey and carbs post workout(extrac calories being my main reason)
    Casein now and then if I am lacking in the calories department alont with hempseed,1 percent milk,cocoa powder,fruit or oats.
    I eat as much fruit and veggies as I can handle as well whether its in my eggs,
    shake,etc etc.
    Although my needs may be met by diet, I prefer to be safe since I do workout and there are days where my diet isnt totally balanced.
    I balance as a whole,and add a supp that day if it was not met by diet.
    Sounds expensive but really isnt considering I buy in bulk and people spend more money on mcdonalds.
    Yes hemp seed. The ONLY nut you can survive completely on alone if you had to. Its actually technically a "legume". Contains omega 3-6-9 in perfect balance, as well as an assortment of vitamins and minerals and macros in perfect balance.

I use nativa hemp pro 70 as a bedtime protein shake mixed with fair life fat free milk, such a beneficial plant to man kind....
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-27-2017 at 05:53 PM.
    wellshii likes this.

Yes hemp seed. The ONLY nut you can survive completely on alone if you had to. Its actually technically a "legume". Contains omega 3-6-9 in perfect balance, as well as an assortment of vitamins and minerals and macros in perfect balance.

I use nativa hemp pro 70 as a bedtime protein shake mixed with fair life fat free milk, such a beneficial plant to man kind....
    Ha same here. Right before bed too. Kinda pricey(get mine at costco) but seems to last me a little more than a month which isnt too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post

Ha same here. Right before bed too. Kinda pricey(get mine at costco) but seems to last me a little more than a month which isnt too bad.
    Get 30oz on Amazon for 14.95

Its gone up a tad

Supplements-forumrunner_20170227_190704.png

Its gone up a tad

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20170227_190704.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	168020
    I buy the actual seed. Thought about buying the protein,would probably be a good idea.

I stuck it out with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds for a short while. It got expensive and my shit was covered in hemp seeds LOL.

Would this be a cheaper substitute? https://www.amazon.com/Dry-Roasted-W...mp%2Bseed&th=1
    Last edited by MToption2; 02-27-2017 at 06:50 PM.

I stuck it out with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds for a short while. It got expensive and my shit was covered in hemp seeds LOL.

Would this be a cheaper substitute? https://www.amazon.com/Dry-Roasted-W...mp%2Bseed&th=1
    Not a bad deal

I'd look for hulled seed though.

I,get 4.5lbs for $23.99 at a local mom n pop farm grocery store

Thread Information